Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-19-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
GT-R_R34
Regular User

Default 12 Hr of sebring

anyone got the chance of see it? i thought Speed channel coverage was horrible and missed or decided to change the channel. the only good battle was the Aston and the Vette, and the LMP 2 at the final hours between the Porsche RS Spyder and the Intersport's Lola. good to see the Audi R10 win it.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well it sucks

Vette win Aston loose.

Panoz win Ferrari loose.

Oh and guess what, the F1 race will be no better

what a horrible weekend.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:39 AM   #3
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

On the contrary I found the race AMAZING!! Especially the cars lineup. As for the competition.. breathtaking. Oh.. btw Im a newbie in the ALMS series... As for the coverage, why didnt you like it? I was watching the race from Motors TV who were broadcasting it through SPEED.. I really enjoyed the speakers.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #4
Regular User

Nice to see the new ferrari F430GT finishing 3rd, 11th overall. They finished it, nice
03200165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
GT-R_R34
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mr.Vercetti
On the contrary I found the race AMAZING!! Especially the cars lineup. As for the competition.. breathtaking. Oh.. btw Im a newbie in the ALMS series... As for the coverage, why didnt you like it? I was watching the race from Motors TV who were broadcasting it through SPEED.. I really enjoyed the speakers.
i bet motors TV didn't have tons of commercial and Nascar updates every 5 minutes or so.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mr.Vercetti
The Speed commentators? You enjoyd those?

They are a bunch of morons..........last thing you want to do is listen to them and believe they are speaking the truth. From the technical point of view they say so much retarted shit that sometimes I wonder if they ever actually saw a race car.....

Plus the whole hillbilly redneck vibe around it all........
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:03 AM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

I came back yesturday. Got MANY pics. Need to resize and post. GREAT race. I never knew what happened to the Audi F10 that was winning. THe #1 audi. THe #2 ended up winning anyway. But 1st and 2nd position for audi would have looked nice for them.

The F430 was winning at a point. Then went to 2nd and then 3rd =( too bad.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:05 AM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

^ In that picture, the Aston is in 1st place of the GT1 race (look at the green light on it's side), the Ferrari was 2nd position in the GT2 (look at two yellow lights on it's side) and the porsche was 1st in the lmpt2 (blue)

RED = LMPT1
BLUE = LMPT2
GREEN = GT1
YELLOW = GT2
Old 03-20-2006, 02:26 AM   #9
DeMoN
Regular User

Ok so there are MANY pictures I took and I dont think I will have the time to polish and resize all images. Each image is 2.2MB with 2592 pixels wide resolution.

There are two alternatives:
A) I can either send them to someone willing to add color, remove noise, etc, from 200+ images
B) or I can use a batch image resizer and shrink them to 1280 leaving the quality of the images untoched and host those.

what shall I do?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

^ lol, knew that wouuld be one of the choices. I resized them all and retouched the ones I could. Now since I am too lazy, I think I will make a folder on my webpage and just drop the images there with no .html

I know there are some gallery index.html generators, but I dont have one so I hope no one opposes to this idea.

I need to ask my friend for his camera's memory cuz there are several more pics there.

Plus I need to DivX encode the videos I took. Wait a lil
Old 03-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #11
DeMoN
Regular User

Im gettin the rest of the pictures from my friend today. Anyone know about the IMG to gallery html generator?

TT - your site looks sweet, do you use one of those gallery generators?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #12
Regular User

DeMon; I hope you can post them somehow, and I would like to see the vids too. I am really looking forward to it, thanks man!
03200165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
DeMoN
Regular User

I will post everything I've got, dont worry

I have my own domain so I can host any amount of pics/vids I want. Im waiting for the 2nd set of pictures to resize and retouch today. Then, Ill post them up. They'll be up by tomorrow tops, hopefully, today though.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #14
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

What about the New Audi R10 im sure that raced there how did it do.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #15
StanAE86
Regular User

The R10 was awesome. Audi has thrown down the gaunlet with regard to the TDI powerplant. The Astons are gorgeous...

I only caught part of the race...when I tuned back in later, there was NASCRAP. did they break the 12 hour coverage up with NASCRAP...or did I just happen to catch the end of the race? I thought it started on Saturday and ended on Sunday? I watched Saturday morning while waiting for the wife's MDX to get an oil change....