Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-09-2003, 08:43 AM   #16
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
ill admit to it...im a game dork. between myself and my 2 roomates we have gamecube, xbox, ps1, ps2, 5 comps, sega cd, nes, super nes, few others stored away in the garage. were a bunch of pack rats.
ah the pack rat,i can join u in that dude

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:46 AM   #17
stracing
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
ill admit to it...im a game dork. between myself and my 2 roomates we have gamecube, xbox, ps1, ps2, 5 comps, sega cd, nes, super nes, few others stored away in the garage. were a bunch of pack rats.
i'm starting to imagine you as one of those geeks in one simpson episode where homer hangs around the geeks in college. later when they were met by snake, the gave their wallets under wallet inspection haha
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:46 AM   #18
JSpec
Regular User

Well, what can I say. Gran Turismo 3 is still the ultimate driving game. I heard that they are making Gran Turismo 4 and it's going to have more cars than the previous parts combined. (1000 cars ?)
JSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:36 PM   #19
Banchi105
Regular User

Originally Posted by JSpec
Well, what can I say. Gran Turismo 3 is still the ultimate driving game. I heard that they are making Gran Turismo 4 and it's going to have more cars than the previous parts combined. (1000 cars ?)
Yikes- that would be insane.

Lets hope for some more German/British/American cars this time.
Is it for the PS2 or the PS3?
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:54 PM   #20
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Banchi105
Originally Posted by JSpec
Yikes- that would be insane.

Lets hope for some more German/British/American cars this time.
Is it for the PS2 or the PS3?
its for the ps2.they are makin it online for the ps2 aswell

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #21
Banchi105
Regular User

Sounds awesome - May have to pick up a PS2 for that one.

I loved the First Gran Turismo - And 3 is good also - I just dont think it was worth buying a PS2 just for number 3 though.

But if 4 has 1000 cars /$200. Thats like $0.50 a car!
Old 06-09-2003, 04:20 PM   #22
666fast
Regular User

I'll be surprised if GT4 comes with 1000 cars. My guess is that it'll have a couple hundred like usual and then you will be able to download more off the internet.

I'll also have to disagree with GT being the ultimate driving game. Anyone ever play F355 Challenge? Not that is a challenging game.
A few gripes with GT3 are:
6 car fields
Stupid AI
Being able to bounce off of walls in a corner and not slow down
Driving off road and not slowing down
many others, overall it's a decent game but not the best
Old 06-09-2003, 08:01 PM   #23
novass
Regular User

novass wrote:

i'm starting to imagine you as one of those geeks in one simpson episode where homer hangs around the geeks in college. later when they were met by snake, the gave their wallets under wallet inspection haha
ROTFLMAO wouldnt happen cause im too scared to go outside....im not that big of a geek, just once i get started its hard to stop collectin shit, i save everything. i still have my first surfboard from 15 years ago....shut up i may still need it

F1 2002 is good then huh, i guess ill have to go get it

1000 cars on GT4? hopefully we can see some more exotics and better cars. i dont need to race little Toyota minivans. i hope they make the performance mods better too, i mean why the fuck cant i put a turbo on a Vette? and where are the superchargers?
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #24
Flawless
Regular User

GT3 is the Ultimate Driving game. Yes news is that 4 will have around 1000 cars and ALOT more racing courses. I think that was my biggest complaint , the courses were too little to choose from. That and how little BMW cars it had =(.

GT4 will almost be completly online.
Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:35 AM   #25
666fast
Regular User

My biggest complaint was that there was only 6 cars to a race.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:35 AM   #26
DRUB
Regular User

Well, i like playing games but they are nt limited to the racing type, RTSm first person, racing etc. On the topic of car racing, anyone played Need for Speed Hot persuit 2? I think its the best driving game i have ever played. I have yet to play GT3, so the jury is still out

drUb
DRUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:43 AM   #27
Banchi105
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
I'll be surprised if GT4 comes with 1000 cars. My guess is that it'll have a couple hundred like usual and then you will be able to download more off the internet.

I'll also have to disagree with GT being the ultimate driving game. Anyone ever play F355 Challenge? Not that is a challenging game.
A few gripes with GT3 are:
6 car fields
Stupid AI
Being able to bounce off of walls in a corner and not slow down
Driving off road and not slowing down
many others, overall it's a decent game but not the best
Have you ever played F355 Challenge in the arcade?
With the actual transmission & clutch setup? - That was the most realistic simulation I have ever driven. Every time I find that game somewhere I always end up blowing $15 playing it for half an hour or so- It rocks!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:01 PM   #28
666fast
Regular User

I sure have played it in an arcade. It is one challenging game. I've spent a lot of money on that thing. It's the first racing game I've played where there was an actual functioning clutch.
Awesome game, if anyone gets the chance to play the arcade game, fo it. It isnt easy, but it's so much fun.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:12 PM   #29
Kilalee
Regular User

1000 cars! That would be incredible, it would be kinda like GT2 with all the used cars you can start with along with many-many more plus the fact you get to see them all updated! Awsome............ I can't wait (I hope this isn't a rumor to get my hopes up).
Old 06-11-2003, 02:41 PM   #30
SDK2003
Regular User

I'm not a fan of Consoles anymore, used to own a SNES and spent many hours playing SF2 and Mario Kart.

Now I'm an online gaming PC addict
Total Annihilation & Unreal Tournament have been the games I’ve been dedicating the last 4-5 years playing

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote