Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 01-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #46
FerrariFerrari
Regular User

I think that those times might just make up for the bad looks. But I wonder why
the couldn't just find a flatter strip of road, surely it wouldn't be to much of an
inconvenience for Ferrari to do in the name of fiar and unbiased compatition.
I read a review of the Enzo where they were required to do the exceleration testing on
the same downhill stretch of track. Is Ferrari unsure about there product. J/K
FerrariFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #47
SilviaEvo
Regular User

why the fuck isnt LC in america?!!? is it possible to buy one from Europe and get it legalized here?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #48
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
why the fuck isnt LC in america?!!? is it possible to buy one from Europe and get it legalized here?
Lawyers...they are afraid of getting sued by someone who crashes their car while 'racing' with launch control...its stupid really. I'm sure you could get it legalized, as far as I know its not illegal, the only reason European models have it and American ones don't are the lawyers, I could be wrong though.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:11 PM   #49
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by FerrariFerrari
I think that those times might just make up for the bad looks. But I wonder why
the couldn't just find a flatter strip of road, surely it wouldn't be to much of an
inconvenience for Ferrari to do in the name of fiar and unbiased compatition.
I read a review of the Enzo where they were required to do the exceleration testing on
the same downhill stretch of track. Is Ferrari unsure about there product. J/K
And why do you say that? Fiorano was built when Mr. Ferrari was still alive. He didnt give a shit about his road car specs. All he cared about was his F1..........

Anyway that slope thing doesnt make any difference to me. Im sure that 80% are on some sord of a slope. You just dont expect road testers to ask the people who build the parking lot or the air fields what the slope the stuff is on. Ferrari simply admits it and warns everybody about it.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #50
ikon2003
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
Lawyers...they are afraid of getting sued by someone who crashes their car while 'racing' with launch control...its stupid really. I'm sure you could get it legalized, as far as I know its not illegal, the only reason European models have it and American ones don't are the lawyers, I could be wrong though.
I honestly don't know, but i would figure there's more to it than lawyers. us has really weird laws and regulations (a fav: mandatory posting in sun screens that the back seat is the safest place for a child... even if the car itself is a two seater.)

that does suk there's no lc - do the enzo's have it legalized for those in the US?
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #51
findleybeast
Regular User

liability perhaps? Doesn't the 575 have launch control? Maybe Ferrari has had bad experiences with providing Americans with it in that car (too many repairs lol) so they decided to avoid it altogether in the new car

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #52
ikon2003
Regular User

^repairs mean more profits for ferrari (the non-recall repairs that is)... i don't think that's the reason.

dang... if only i had asked ferrari dealership when i was there couple wks ago.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #53
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by findleybeast
liability perhaps? Doesn't the 575 have launch control? Maybe Ferrari has had bad experiences with providing Americans with it in that car (too many repairs lol) so they decided to avoid it altogether in the new car

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass
Pretty sure the 575M doesn't have lc...I remember reading some American test were they were talking about how the car didn't have LC, and they wished it did.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote