Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 11-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #16
Akmon
Regular User

My opinion is that the Enzo looks ugly,it's just a formula 1 car,masked in a street car,at least I cannot get it's charm.
Akmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #17
Wutputt
Regular User

I was surprised the Enzo has beaten the CGT. I thought the Enzo would be slower since it's more suited for highspeed tracks with long corners. The TG track doesn't have a lot of really fast sections, it has more twisty corners.

But we don't know if the circumstances (temperature, humidity, wind speed, etc.) were the same when the Stig tested the CGT and when he tested the Enzo. I think both are very close to each other. And on one track the Enzo beats the CGT (mostly high speed tracks with some longer corners) and the CGT beats the Enzo on other tracks (more twisty ones).
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Akmon
,it's just a formula 1 car,masked in a street car
Yeh....I would hate to own a car like that...imagine how horrible it must be knowing that you can blitz anything on the road
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #19
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Funny how some Enzo lovers were writing off its chances before it had even done the lap. Calling it a shitty track and not genuine and such. Lets wait til Auto Motor get one for the Nurburgring, Porsche will have the last laugh.
Well considering that the CGT was developed there, I wouldn't be surprised :roll:
[
quote]
Bang for buck, CGT>Enzo.
[/quote]

There's no such thing as "bang for the buck" when it comes to cars over €150000, let alone something over half a million €€...
Old 11-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

I view the CGT vs the Enzo debate exactly the same way I do the F40 vs 959 debate.

No doubt that the 959 is a worthy opponent of the F40 - but it is just so Bavarianly BORING and BLAND....

And there is no doubt the CGT is a worthy opponent of the Enzo - but, again - the engineers were all drunk on Pilsner and Bratwurst when they designed it - it is so Bavarianly BORING and BLAND...

When are the Germans going to learn that clinical is NOT always better...

My choice is still F40 first though - always has been and always will be.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:33 PM   #21
stradale
Regular User

^^^ Then you'll like what "the guy with the Kevin Keegan wig" has been saying last sunday...
Old 11-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #22
Max Power

somehow Top Gear seems like it ran out of ideas......lost a bit of its originality......and these useless guests part is crap.......apart from that, nothing is even close to rival it.....I could be wrong and this is just the beginning
.......too bad there was no F50, oh and the enzo...HUGE
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:52 PM   #23
bmwmpower
Regular User

.......too bad there was no F50

yes, in Evo F50 beat Enzo,F40 and 288 GTO
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:30 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
^^^ Then you'll like what "the guy with the Kevin Keegan wig" has been saying last sunday...
Whoa... :shock:

I will have to think carefully about this one... so the goofy walking gorilla with the Kevin Keegan hairdo likes the F40 over the Enzo?

Well - I have loved the F40 since I first saw it in 1987 and then experienced it in 1989 - but I would almost rather bugger myself with a splintered fencepost, than share views with the "Mop Topped One"..
Old 11-02-2004, 08:20 PM   #25
5vz-fe
Regular User

F40 have been a big icon and I bet it has/had been most car enthuiast dream car.

some how I do agree on clarkson's comments, that it has a nicer shape then the enzo. Enzo's shape is almost for pure functionalilty. So it is a functionality induced beauty. Where as the F40 is beauty with a fair bit of functionality.

Supercars these days are getting easier and easier to drive (of course I haven't got the luck or money to actually drive one..but ...that's my preception) F40 IS the go kart of Ferrari given its weight and minimal electronics.

As said in the Topgear page, I feel sad that Top gear didn't do a laptime of the F40. It would mean soooo much to me. (wonder will they repeat what they did on the CL65...)
Old 11-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #26
BADMIHAI
Regular User

it is so Bavarianly BORING and BLAND

It's almost as boring at a Corvette. LMFAO

However, I must agree with you on the F40. "A go-kart with a twin turbo V8 at the back. "
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #27
jamberl
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
But we don't know if the circumstances (temperature, humidity, wind speed, etc.) were the same when the Stig tested the CGT and when he tested the Enzo. I think both are very close to each other. And on one track the Enzo beats the CGT (mostly high speed tracks with some longer corners) and the CGT beats the Enzo on other tracks (more twisty ones).
Yeah Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned more. Cant temperature, etc have a big effect on lap time? The only way to be sure of which is faster (considering the miniscule gap) would be to lap them on the same day, surely???
Old 11-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #28
sentra_dude

What was up with the 'F60'...its the Enzo to the best of my knowledge, and it never had the title of F60...right?

I wish they had more footage of the other cars...maybe make that episode into a DVD and show us some more of the McLaren F1! 8) It must be hard to get all those cars...I think they deserve more than just a few seconds of air time!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

It's the F60 - whether the factory admits it or not...
Old 11-03-2004, 05:14 AM   #30
is64fun
Regular User

the circuit which topgear; it is not a proper race circuit anyway. it has (how many chicago, hammer head, follow though and what?) less than 6 corners.) it does not give a winner anyway. take them to belgium fra-cor circuit which is accepted as the best circuit in f1. test them there and decide the winner. i think cgt>>enzo anyway

Some draws a car only. some, adds style and passion into it!
is64fun is offline   Reply With Quote