Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #256
mindgam3
Regular User

lol, as i said, image doesen't come into it and isnt relative to how good the car is. I'm sure theres way more celebbrities with a 360 than a vette
Old 09-05-2004, 04:49 PM   #257
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
lol, as i said, image doesen't come into it and isnt relative to how good the car is. I'm sure theres way more celebbrities with a 360 than a vette
EXACTLY!!!! Very few of the the others are true gearheads like Jay Leno is.

They guy is the ULTIMATE gear head.

Has oodles of money - can afford ANY car on the planet - is even a regular writer in a greasy fingernail hotrod periodical.. is a drivers driver and uses everyone of his exotics.

It is not unusual for people to bump into Jay as he takes his cars/bikes out for a little jaunt in the country..

So - there you have the ultimate car guiy celeb is not impressed by Ferrari..
Old 09-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #258
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Look how much cheaper the ZOnda and Koenigsseggs are than their their Ferrari counter parts - just as exclusive and exotice - but better priced
right, ferrari has the advantage to be more expensive and still sell... also performing better than the CCR and the Zonda
Old 09-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #259
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Look how much cheaper the ZOnda and Koenigsseggs are than their their Ferrari counter parts - just as exclusive and exotice - but better priced
right, ferrari has the advantage to be more expensive and still sell... also performing better than the CCR and the Zonda
You guys sure buy into this image crap pretty easily..
Old 09-06-2004, 01:34 AM   #260
Caps8419
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
RC45, if you can't see why a 360 is a better car, think of it this way:
It's not a feeling - it is fact - Everytime I come across a Porsche TT on the street, it is a run for the money and the TT puts up a good fight and may runa way at the top etc etc.

Every 360 I come across ends up 10 bus lengths back and has been piloted by a Starbucks refugee...
Interesting because the 360 actually beats the TT on the top end, or lets say past the 1/4mile mark :roll:

thats y i figure you only race 1/4 miles.... i aspire to be as good as i damn well can.

lol its funny how you can say people stuff 100k into a vette and run low 3's and 10 second 1/4 miles..... who gives a crap!!!!!! turn the wheel and what happens to a vette that doesn't happen to the ferrari? UNDERSTEER!!!!!! but you wouldnt get that because vettes only know how to go in strait lines.

maaaaan... how can this side argument even exist? its stupid.

now matter how many times you say yuppy this yuppy that and completely abuse the word yuppy YOU WILL STILL DRIVE A CHEVY!!!! lol i mean get off it! y should ferrari loves be oooooo so afraid of a z06? its funny how chevy's "top o the line" car only beats ferrari's 8 cyl model...and who ever calls a 360 entry level can shove it. there are no levels at ferrari. there are classes. 8 cyl. 12 cyl and supercar. thats it basically. and like i said before people desire a ferrari because of its pedigree, the performance, the quality, and the name. there all important. rc45, how can you honestly say you grew up wishing you drove a corvette? i mean come on! sure, im happy that you are able to experiance a car with some sort of performance, but that doesnt justify even uttering ferrari and corvette in teh same sentence.

they are 2 different worlds. i can honestly say that i would throw 150k into enzo ferrari's wallet for one of his cars. i can give 2 shits about any corprate whores or whatever you raving about ( getting ripped off and what not) you my friend are ripped off. please do youself a favor and go to the nearest ferrari dealer and drive a 360. feel the car its a total machine not just good for traffic light races.

yea yea fuck you caps8419... corvette this corvette that. i challenge you to drive a 360. you'll see what your missing.

Originally Posted by bmagni
You guys sure buy into this image crap pretty easily..
there's nothing to buy into... its completely tangible.... let me ask you rc45 a question. seriously how many people turn their heads when they see a corvette? i mean honestly? i can go out for a drive for 1 hour and see at least 10 vettes of various years ( only one i can stand is a 73 or 78 stingray) there is an aura and image surrounding ferrari And zonda etc... its undeniable because i can garuntee you even those not interested in cars would turn their heads when they see a ferrari. anyone.

ok enough bitching for one day....nite!

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Old 09-06-2004, 02:44 AM   #261
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by caps8419
thats y i figure you only race 1/4 miles.... i aspire to be as good as i damn well can.

lol its funny how you can say people stuff 100k into a vette and run low 3's and 10 second 1/4 miles..... who gives a crap!!!!!! turn the wheel and what happens to a vette that doesn't happen to the ferrari? UNDERSTEER!!!!!! but you wouldnt get that because vettes only know how to go in strait lines.
- you are judging the cars handling by playing PGR2 I see..

The Z06 is actually pretty neutral with a natural tendency to oversteer a little - and then off-throttle over steer is pretty easy to induce and control with the throttle - but what would you know about real driving

maaaaan... how can this side argument even exist? its stupid.
Because idiots like you are born every day..

now matter how many times you say yuppy this yuppy that and completely abuse the word yuppy YOU WILL STILL DRIVE A CHEVY!!!!
So? You trying to belittle me now?

lol i mean get off it! y should ferrari loves be oooooo so afraid of a z06? its funny how chevy's "top o the line" car only beats ferrari's 8 cyl model...and who ever calls a 360 entry level can shove it.
The 360 is an entry level car. Why spend that much money for a mediocre performer - afterall it can just about beat a cheap Chevy around any track - and sure as hell doesn't get around Nurburgring quicker..

If you have $200,000 to spend - buy a real car, not a toy..

there are no levels at ferrari. there are classes. 8 cyl. 12 cyl and supercar. thats it basically. and like i said before people desire a ferrari because of its pedigree, the performance, the quality, and the name. there all important. rc45, how can you honestly say you grew up wishing you drove a corvette?
Because the Corvette has more heritage and soul in that single model than Ferrari has in it's entire range..

i mean come on! sure, im happy that you are able to experiance a car with some sort of performance, but that doesnt justify even uttering ferrari and corvette in teh same sentence.
I know - I have to pull over a wait for the 360 drivers to catch up - mostly because they are afraid to spill their Cafe Lattes on their Armani suites..

they are 2 different worlds. i can honestly say that i would throw 150k into enzo ferrari's wallet for one of his cars. i can give 2 shits about any corprate whores or whatever you raving about ( getting ripped off and what not) you my friend are ripped off. please do youself a favor and go to the nearest ferrari dealer and drive a 360.
I have - and it felt rather slow and boring - a little different turn in - but no quicker than the Z's. And it felt rather anemic and weak through the gears..

feel the car its a total machine not just good for traffic light races.

yea yea fuck you caps8419... corvette this corvette that. i challenge you to drive a 360. you'll see what your missing.
Wow - now you are speaking for me?

You guys sure buy into this image crap pretty easily.. [/quote]

there's nothing to buy into... its completely tangible.... let me ask you rc45 a question. seriously how many people turn their heads when they see a corvette? i mean honestly?
[/quote]
I don't know and couldn't care - I am past trying to impress everyone I come across - unlike you..

i can go out for a drive for 1 hour and see at least 10 vettes of various years ( only one i can stand is a 73 or 78 stingray)
Strange how you choose the 2 most pathetic Corvette models ever produced - again indicating your complete lack of knowledge..

there is an aura and image surrounding ferrari And zonda etc... its undeniable because i can garuntee you even those not interested in cars would turn their heads when they see a ferrari. anyone.
Wow - another shallow pathetic shell - who needs peer admiration to justify their own self worth.. ..

What ever happened to being a car enthusiast and driving for the love of driving.. ??

ok enough bitching for one day....nite!
If you say so..

BTW - that "$100,000 into a Z06" is a rather absurd exaggeration - considering most folks with 220mph, 3s, 1G cars only spent about $45K on the upgrades..
Old 09-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #262
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

This arguing is getting real old, real fast. 14 pages of BS... Some of us obviousy don't agree on this matter, and its not like anyone is going to convince anyone else otherwise.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:14 PM   #263
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
This arguing is getting real old, real fast. 14 pages of BS... Some of us obviousy don't agree on this matter, and its not like anyone is going to convince anyone else otherwise.
Whos arguing?

The facts are the facts.

Opinions are opinions.

But when people state their own opinion as fact then things get distorted.

Now - I have taken great pains to separate my opinion from the facts ... yet all you Tifosi can't even figure out which are the facts or your own opinions..

The bottom line is - all the people more concerned about the image they portray and those craving peer approval and admiration seem to worship the 360 - which is a pretty poor indication of their own self-worth..

While the rest of us that are grounded in the real world have seen the light

This all started because not everyone gets all weak-kneed and creams their pants when they see a 360 or the new 430... and THIS FACT seems to really push y'alls buttons..

Get over it already - not everyone likes the freaking car.. -- because it is a mediocre performer for it's price..
Closed Thread