Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 12-01-2005, 01:52 AM   #46
RC45
Regular User

So - was it a highside oversteer under throttle coming out of the bend - or a lowside going into the bend?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #47
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

ooo shit, dude you are fine and that is the best, and i see great your bike
Old 12-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #48
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
So - was it a highside oversteer under throttle coming out of the bend - or a lowside going into the bend?
I did what this guy did, then after I gained back control I went off the track.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #49
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i know i don't ride or anything, but is he supposd to be putting his foot down like that?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #50
RC45
Regular User

Highside... hmmm.. lucky you caught it... that's about the nastiest ay you can come off exiting a bend.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #51
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Highside... hmmm.. lucky you caught it... that's about the nastiest ay you can come off exiting a bend.
this is going to sound retarded, but can you explain the diff between highside and lowside?

Old 12-02-2005, 02:35 AM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Low side is when your front understeers out from under you - imagine the front washing outward sending you tipping to the low sid of your lean as you enter the bend.

High side is when you are exiting the bend under power, and the tyre is spinning up and slides towards the outside of the bend in an oversteer condition - then suddenly regains grip flicking the bike upright and catapulting you over the highside of the bike outward toward the outside of the bend.

The flick can be very violent and send you up into the air and sending you crashing down breaking shoulders, necks, ribs etc.

A highside is pretty violent even though it is a relatively slow accident - it is the violence of the flick, that if you dont' catch it and kep you hands on bars send yo flying.

Corpse came out pretty lucky - I would rather catch the slide, survive the highside flick and shoot forwards and then wreck
Old 12-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #53
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

I didnt exactly highside either. the reason I put up that gif, was becuase he lost it then, he was about to high side but sort of saved it, and went into a tank slapping high speed wobble. thats exactly what I did, and right before I gained control of the wobble I went off the track since I couldnt turn.... as soon as I hit the dirt the bike flipped sideways, so it really wasnt a high side of a low side. Imageing comming up to a left hand turn and just going straight at 90mph then the second you hit the dirt, the bike flips over. thats what happened.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:50 AM   #54
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by corpse_grinder0
I didnt exactly highside either. the reason I put up that gif, was becuase he lost it then, he was about to high side but sort of saved it, and went into a tank slapping high speed wobble. thats exactly what I did, and right before I gained control of the wobble I went off the track since I couldnt turn.... as soon as I hit the dirt the bike flipped sideways, so it really wasnt a high side of a low side. Imageing comming up to a left hand turn and just going straight at 90mph then the second you hit the dirt, the bike flips over. thats what happened.
In other words you saved yourself from going over the highside..

I am almost sure that's what I said
Old 12-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #55
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

sorry I thought you said I did highside... im on alot of drugs youll have to excuse me
Old 12-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #56
ZfrkS62
Regular User

thanks for explanation RC.