Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
StanAE86
Regular User

Default Canadian Sent to Syria and Tortured

Greeeaaat. No comment. :x

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...00010000000001
Old 09-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

great to see our government find loopholes for the human rights laws we stand for..
Old 09-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

Yeah, read that article yesterday..........kinda sad.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
Caplax40
Regular User

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

What is the world coming to?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
stmoritzer
Regular User

:x

makes me upset to read this.

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
:x

makes me upset to read this.
Why?

Maybe this will drive the "innocent" and the "moderate" and the "peaceful" muslims to stand up and take care of their "brothers".

This an would not have come under suspicion if 9/11 had never happened.. so we can onclude that OSama binladin is 100% to blame.

And this is 1 "supposed innocent" - how many turned out to actually have ties?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

the fact of the matter is that the RCMP felt it morally obligated to not take a chance when it came to this. He clearly met up with this al quaeda guy, which brought up questions.

The end result was he was released... I have to wonder about the torture involved...

In any case... what if he had been as it seemed, and the RCMP did nothing? Unfortunately, there will be cases like this, as the profile fit at the time, and the meeting did take place. I know what I would do.. what, pray tell everyone else , what would you have done with that information?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

There are also innocent ppl that's been put to jail. There's no perfect legal system, if we do not torture them, they will say nothing, the consequence may be worse. It is pain to watch innocent ppl getting torture for info that they don't posses, but at the same time it will be a pain to see innoncent lives lost due to terrorist attack.

That said, I hope the gov do something to compensate his sufferings..... he's one of the vitims of this "war"

Just my 2 cents (flame suit ON)
Old 09-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
stmoritzer
Regular User

don't use 9/11 to justify everything the US government does ....

and, do you know when BinLaden will be catched ?
my guess is few weeks before to the next presidential-elections

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

and, do you know when BinLaden will be catched ?
my guess is few weeks before to the next presidential-elections
WTF just another conspiracy nutjob it seems. I bet Bush also has direct reasons why the price of Crude has dropped nearly 20$ a barrel in the last month, right? because he's in bed with the Saudi's, and he wants to win the elections? you guys believe anything that fits the tag line "Bush is evil"

these guys have been actively planning multiple attacks which have been thwarted since 9/11; thanks to interrogation, better intel, and foreign survielence programs instated by the mighty Bill Clinton.

You find me a war with zero casualties, zero misinterpretations, and zero worngful imprisonments.

again, i ask...

with the information you had, how could you morally not do what you can to stop a potential attack? this time, it turned out to be incorrect; but the evidence showed more then enough to be cautious with Amar.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

US Government?

islamic radicals carried out 9/11 - if they had not done that then this innocent guy would no thave been arrested.

pre-9/11 no one did anything.. and everyone had so much to say on 9/12 that nothing was being done.

Now in a post 9/11 world somethings gets done... and guess what... everyone is so angry because somethign was done.

:roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #13
stmoritzer
Regular User

^

I won't argue with you guys, it would be another endless discussion since you see only the US point of view, and nobody can blame you, it's the main information you're feeded with day per day. And don't tell me you're reading the european/asian/arabic news-sources to get an neutral opinion
If you have a look from a little outside, and maybe listen to both parties, check the background, the cultures, ... the whole story may change a little

in no way, NO WAY, the attacks were ok - they are a terrible act of crime and I agree, the islamic world is using the "hate against US" for their purposes -
but I know, mistakes have been done also on US side in the way how they handle/communicate with these "lower level" countries. You cannot say, this hate against the US doesn't have a reason, ever thought about that?
And it's a fact, the Bush administration lied to his people several times between 9/11 and today - this would make me upset - but it seems the US citizens are not - the latest polls showed an increase in supporting Bush :roll: . And I hope, the judgement of a president is not only based on the fuel prize, or is it that simple to raise the poll-results ?

now, it looks like I do argue with you

May I ask you this question:
What do you think created this hate against the US? (in the islamic countires) ?

Old 09-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #14
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
There are also innocent ppl that's been put to jail. There's no perfect legal system, if we do not torture them, they will say nothing, the consequence may be worse. It is pain to watch innocent ppl getting torture for info that they don't posses, but at the same time it will be a pain to see innoncent lives lost due to terrorist attack.

That said, I hope the gov do something to compensate his sufferings..... he's one of the vitims of this "war"

Just my 2 cents (flame suit ON)

I completely agree with you

@ RC45 and nthfinity, when I say "it makes me upset to read this." then this doesn't say automatically "anti US"

Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

What do you think created this hate against the US? (in the islamic countires) ?
Osama has clearly stated several "reasons"

1. Saudi asked for us to come in, so we have a base in Saudi Arabia. Osama want's us out.
2. Isreal buys military equipment from the USA, so they bomb the Twin towers

honestly, there is no valid reason. They have been afraid to lose thier power due to creeping in western economics, education, and politics. Iraq is a clear sign of things to come in that part of the world once it is secured, and the locals keep a vigilant eye out for those who wish to destabilize the area.

and to think my news is filtered from the US media... let me tell you, I have no TV broadcasts.... not on the free airwaves, and not on cable television.

as far as the "Bush lies"; that is actually debatable, and has been in this section many times... with these "lies" often end up being the truth/evidence supporting that those lies are the truth.

as far as recent polls.... Unscientific