Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2003, 10:26 PM   #16
Anonymous

Originally Posted by scubywrxr
Good thing that just the wheel broke and nothing on u!!

I have had my share of crashes on bicycles.. its probably because I think that I can pull of the impossible, truth is I am pretty useless
Its so much fun though 8)
CAnt beat the feeling blasting down a 30 degree singletrack with a sheer cliff on one sid and trees on the other waiting to show u the other side..
Just imagaine that but in a Beautiful Tropical Rain Forest full of all the Jungle Birds Waterfalls and Fantastic Weather year round!! Thats Hawaii, if you like it cold we do that too, and high altitudes too even snow!
The hardest ride I ever did was up Haleakala on Maui called House of the Sun in Hawaiian unreal crater rim trail at the top 45miles of moonscape in a active volcanoe!
The Big Island has 2 Volcanoes 1 is the Tallest in the world at 14,XXXfeet the other is Mauna Kea where the biggest telescope on earth is I helped build some of the cradle and frame work several years back with P.E.T. Engineering. was a killer job working up there was slow and hard mainly because it was nearly impossible to catch your breath.

Riding down any of these spots is a once in a lifetime treat. I did it daily, caught a ride in the owners truck rode home 78 miles in just about 1 1/2 hours....if I went straight there on blacktop, way longer if I went off on my own down the slopes.... LOL hoping the bike stayed together and didnt *TACO* any wheels Like Badmihai!! hehe or worse....
What a Ride!!!! :shock: 70 -80 mph speeds for long streches were common, the temp at least let you wear decent protective gear, I wore full Motocross gear, pants jersy and enduro jacket made out of nylon pack cloth with paddind everywhere. helmet chest protector elbow gaurds knee/shin gaurds and road racing SiDi Itallian boots like Rossi uses. That was the best part of everyday!