Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #16
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

For me both rumors that Mika Hakkinen goes to BAR, and Jenson Button is going to Williams is trully unbelieveble news for me....i see the first news very unlikely once Mika Hakkinen decided to retire from the formula 1 in a very clear manner, and this is his second sabatical year, and i havent seen any world formula 1 champion returning after two years of absense....the only driver that made this was decision was Alain Prost to Renault, and i think that there were some renault interest for Alains returning

On the other side, i dont see the BAR team so foolish that they leave Jenson go to another team once David Richard protects the english drivers as his sons, in addition.....if Jenson went to Williams, he wouldnt go to Williams due to the amount of the contract, once Frank Williams is for me the greediest team manager for drivers that exist in the formula 1
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM   #17
Toronto
Regular User

hello and welcome to the f1 forum.... please us the f1 news section for post like this....
Old 08-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #18
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
hello and welcome to the f1 forum.... please us the f1 news section for post like this....
personaly dude, i reckon that new like this (that is going to get discussed in detail) should have it's own posts.

because we want to talk about it, without new news anouncments inturupting our conversations..
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:32 AM   #19
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Originally Posted by dingo21
Thats big news indeed, in a way its good for Webber to have a great teammate but I would have preferred him to be the No. 1 driver. :cry:
In other news, Da Matta has been sacked from Toyota and replaced by Ricardo Zonta as of the next race.

i find that pretty intresting, did they list a reason as to why?
If your referring to the Da Matta decision then I think it should be pretty obvious when you look at his results....although the car is probably more at fault than him.

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Originally Posted by toronto
personaly dude, i reckon that new like this (that is going to get discussed in detail) should have it's own posts.

because we want to talk about it, without new news anouncments inturupting our conversations..
I agree....otherwise you have people discussing 5 different pieces of news in the same thread, its more organised like this. But since toronto is the boss I suppose we should do it his way if he says so.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:35 AM   #20
dingo
Regular User

This is what BAR boss Dave Richards had to say about the situation:

"We are absolutely astounded to hear that Jenson thinks that he is leaving BAR for Williams next season. Neither myself, nor any other member of the BAR team, has been contacted by Jenson to discuss this matter".

"Jenson is under contract with BAR for 2005, since we took up an option on his services only last month. At no time during the last few months has Jenson expressed anything other than his desire to continue working with BAR to achieve our collective goal of winning the World Championship".

"It is our intention to enforce our current contractual position with Jenson. My duty is to the 400-strong workforce which has worked tirelessly over the past two seasons to give Jenson the car he has today; and to our partners, whose unfailing support and commitment to the team has contributed to the solid structure we now have in place. Unfortunately this is now a matter for the lawyers and I have every confidence that the legal process will confirm that yesterday's announcement has not only been premature but also invalid".

Looks like we were a bit premature in getting excited for next year. This will make you happy RAMAN, your fav team may stay together.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:41 AM   #21
Mercedes5CLR
Regular User

Personally this is a stupid move for Button because the Williams has sucked all this year. JPM is a better driver than Button and he can only get the car in the top 4 on a good day. Hopefully the car will be fixed by next year. I think Button should of stayed with BAR because honda is a bigger company that BMW and Honda has upped thier engine contract and areo contract with BAR because of Buttons success. Some must of been bad under raps at BAR. Button must of saw something comming in BAR's Future that he did not like and wanted to get out of the team as quick as possible or i just could of simply come down to which owner could hand out the bigger check at the end of the day even though their preformance on the track will suffer.

Good Luck a Williams Jenson. I will be rooting for you.

Now lets see what Legal action will BAR take to get Benson back in the car. This will probley get pretty ugly and will be an all out fight.

Owell next year will be pretty intresting with the new driver line ups but in the end the two red Ferrari's will be all dominate. 8)
Mercedes5CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #22
mindgam3
Regular User

All brit combo, well except the engine, can only be a good thing I think for whatever reason williams have been off this season. Next year, if these rumours are confirmed williams will have probably the most promising driver line up. Lets hope they get their car back up to scratch too
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:44 PM   #23
schnell318
Regular User

This is really shocking I would have never thought Button would be going to Williams...I mean I´m a BMW fan and everything but the car hasn´t delivered at all and both Jason and Weber are drivers on the rise in my opinion so I just hope the next Williams is able to help them.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:42 PM   #24
biff19_a
Regular User

speels the end of the JV to williams...
that leaves him toyota jaguar.. or BAR..
dont think the last team is going to go from him.. and Jaguar is looking more and more likely to sign Coultard
biff19_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #25
FPVPSI
Regular User

Could his decision to leave have anything to do with the illegality the FIA found on the BAR F1 car..... .....only time will tell i guess!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:49 AM   #26
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Lets hope they get their car back up to scratch too
In fact, BMW is abandoning the 'Walrus' front design for sure, but does that mean that it will stop using double keel design?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #27
chipanggo
Regular User

at the current season, BAR is defintely the better team as compared to williams. so, did jenson a mistake or a good decision by transferring to williams? well...we'll find out next season. it will be a different ballgame next year. williams might bounce back and BAR might dip. let's wait and see.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #28
tigerx
Regular User

buttons will be a very good replacement for ralf no?? i think so.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #29
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ralf is going in a spiralling downfall and so is JPM. I blame it on Williams and Gavin Fisher though.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:52 AM   #30
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by F1-Live
BAR's contract with Button is the only valid contract

The Contract Recognition Board stated today that Jenson Button has just one valid contract for the 2005 season and that is with BAR Honda. The news means that unless another arrangement can be found, Jenson Button will remain under contract to BAR. The following is a press release from BAR Honda.

The FIA Contract Recognition Board (CRB) acknowledged, in writing, that, as of today, the BAR Contract with Jenson Button is the only valid contract registered for the 2005 season.

A driver's "super license" - his right to drive in Formula 1 - is only valid if his contract has been lodged with and registered by the CRB and all driver contracts contain a provision submitting all priority disputes to the CRB.

The CRB was established in 1992 to regulate driver contracts and resolve priority disputes where a driver enters into a new contract with a Formula 1 team when a clearly established and registered contract is already in existence. The purpose of the CRB is to enforce driver contracts and provide a swift international resolution to conflicts which if channelled through national legal systems could be drawn-out and could result in a wholly inappropriate remedy for the innocent party and for the sport as a whole.

All signatories to the Concorde Agreement are bound by the procedures of the CRB which requires any new driver contract to be registered 'forthwith' i.e. immediately, and without delay, in order to establish its validity.

BAR has willingly submitted itself to this process which is final and binding on all parties.

E.A.
Source BAR
Looks like he isn't going anywhere. But the question is now, would BAR even want him back after trying something like that? If I was on the BAR team I certainly would not.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote