Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Default Scuderia is the benchmark

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/drives/...-430-scuderia/

"For me, it beats any Porsche, beats any Ferrari, and beats any Lamborghini I've driven, including the Murcielago LP640.

It is the most exciting and most awe-inspiring car I've ever had the pleasure to drive. Scud is, for me, the greatest car on the face of the planet. "

5th gear

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain....40&pageid=2296

sunday times

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...cle2594978.ece

GT2: Close but no cigar
Old 10-10-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
dons5
Regular User

I say it after every model that comes out, Ferrari just recreates the benchmark
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Svensson
Regular User

As I've said in the 430 Scuderia/GT2 poll topic, the Scuderia is definately superior to the GT2 in terms of pure driving emotion and sensation.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by Svensson
As I've said in the 430 Scuderia/GT2 poll topic, the Scuderia is definately superior to the GT2 in terms of pure driving emotion and sensation.
Where is that poll? do you have a link please?

And I said this the first time I saw the car, it is like nothing else....and what Jeremy Clarkson said about the 599 GTB ''the competitors are left way behind'' , can be applied here too!

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
Svensson
Regular User

^ Here it is: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53163
Old 10-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

*yawn*

If Ferrari is "the benchmark" - why do they keep chasing Porsche and looking for validaiton?

All the time Porsche simply releases cars - without consideraiton as to 'who it will beat" - thats how good they are.

Ferrari can only dream of being that good...

How else do youexplain the GT3RS? Its less powerful, cheaper and "uglier" than all the competitors, yet is perfect..

Silly over-priced Fiats...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
LEXION
Regular User

Who said they were chasing Porsche? Did Ferrari said in there press release, ''WE MADE THIS CAR TO BEAT PORSH'' ?

No, they didint, and they didint made it to beat the Superleggera either. They just made it to prove to the world that with every new thing they build, there the best. no matter what everyone thinks...

And if so, If Ferrari only makes cars to beat Porsche, why isint any 4x4 tractor Ferrari to compete with Cayenne or a 4 door Ferrari for the future, too compete with Panamera?

Where is Everso to calm you down again? (you pissed me of big time with that useless post)

And thanks Svensson for the link

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LEXION
Who said they were chasing Porsche? Did Ferrari said in there press release, ''WE MADE THIS CAR TO BEAT PORSH'' ?
All you tifosi and every magazine and video show. Se opening post.

No, they didint, and they didint made it to beat the Superleggera either. They just made it to prove to the world that with every new thing they build, there the best. no matter what everyone thinks...
*yawn*

And if so, If Ferrari only makes cars to beat Porsche, why isint any 4x4 tractor Ferrari to compete with Cayenne or a 4 door Ferrari for the future, too compete with Panamera?
*yawn*

Where is Everso to calm you down again? (you pissed me of big time with that useless post)
Your point? everso is so close to being permamently banned from JW he knows better.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
jakaracman
Regular User

Anyway: I drove 430 Scuderia today (on the track and on the road, I'll post link to vid when it's finished in a few days). Havent driven GT2 (tried GT3RS briefly, though, and for me Scuderia is better hardore driver's car), but I doubt (from what I read) that it (or any similar car) would come closer to pure racing experience than Scuderia. Maybe times on the track would be similar, but feeling while driving definitellz not. And 430 is still fun to drive on open road. Grip reservers are (if you drive with at least partially sensible speeds) just amazing.
And it can be drifted quite easilly, too ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
*yawn*

If Ferrari is "the benchmark" - why do they keep chasing Porsche and looking for validaiton?

All the time Porsche simply releases cars - without consideraiton as to 'who it will beat" - thats how good they are.

Ferrari can only dream of being that good...

How else do youexplain the GT3RS? Its less powerful, cheaper and "uglier" than all the competitors, yet is perfect..

Silly over-priced Fiats...
Ferrari is a pasta mobile
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:21 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by RC45
Your point? everso is so close to being permamently banned from JW he knows better.
banned my ass. stop trolling through other people's threads posting your opinions, IF you can't handle a reply.

get a bloody life. or at least go work at a car wash so you can wash a "fiat".
Is that the best you can do? Spew insulting drivel?

You are such a big "man" on the internet, but I have been told you are all sniveling whiney bitch in the flesh... no surprise there.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:39 AM   #12
acmarttin
Regular User

*ahem*

I've never even had the privilege of driving a normal Ferrari (even though there's no such thing as a "normal" Ferrari in my world ) But I could imagine that Scuderia puts on quite a show.

Aesthetically I'm more drawn to the GT2, but that's just because it retains that nostalgic 911 shape. (Yeah I'm partial to "beetles" )

I'm not going to pretend at all that I have a shred of track expertise to enlighten this forum with - but if those who know and have driven them are continuously blown away I can only imagine what it'd be like inside the cockpit. I can't wait to see a head to head. Tiff vs. Jason?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
dons5
Regular User

If Ferrari only makes cars to beat Porsche, why isint any 4x4 tractor Ferrari to compete with Cayenne or a 4 door Ferrari for the future, too compete with Panamera?
Not to mention a poor mans version Ferrari to compete with cayman, oh and not to mention 30 different models of each of their models so that normal people can buy cars just so that they can say they own a Porsche and that way porsche can boost sales to like I think its over 40,000 a year now, while Ferrari are making what, just over 4000??

On top of that lets make our 911 cars range from $50 000 to over $200 000. Lets make all our models look almsot exactly the same, even though a GT2 or GT3 or Carrera 4 are all completely different cars. I mean do you see Ferrari making 10 different version of a 430? They make 1 read that ONE 430 which came out a few years ago and now they make a sepcial edition of it (430 Scuderia) and thats it.

Porsches whole philosophy is tottally out of whack. Other then the fact they still compete in racing there companies whole idea and way of thinking is messed up.

If I was a true Porsche fan/enthusiast I would be thinking "other then the GT3/GT3RS, the Carrera GT and to a certain extent the GT2 and high end 911 models, I have completely lost my passion for this company, I mean they now make an SUV (Cayenne), a poor mans porsche (cayman) and soon a sedan (Panamera)!! Can they not care anymore about their image and history and only care for money and sales figures?? Not to mention we dont need all these low end 911 carreras and carrera 4's running around just so people can say they drive a porsche.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
If Ferrari only makes cars to beat Porsche, why isint any 4x4 tractor Ferrari to compete with Cayenne or a 4 door Ferrari for the future, too compete with Panamera?
Not to mention a poor mans version Ferrari to compete with cayman, oh and not to mention 30 different models of each of their models so that normal people can buy cars just so that they can say they own a Porsche and that way porsche can boost sales to like I think its over 40,000 a year now, while Ferrari are making what, just over 4000??

On top of that lets make our 911 cars range from $50 000 to over $200 000. Lets make all our models look almsot exactly the same, even though a GT2 or GT3 or Carrera 4 are all completely different cars. I mean do you see Ferrari making 10 different version of a 430? They make 1 read that ONE 430 which came out a few years ago and now they make a sepcial edition of it (430 Scuderia) and thats it.

Porsches whole philosophy is tottally out of whack. Other then the fact they still compete in racing there companies whole idea and way of thinking is messed up.

If I was a true Porsche fan/enthusiast I would be thinking "other then the GT3/GT3RS, the Carrera GT and to a certain extent the GT2 and high end 911 models, I have completely lost my passion for this company, I mean they now make an SUV (Cayenne), a poor mans porsche (cayman) and soon a sedan (Panamera)!! Can they not care anymore about their image and history and only care for money and sales figures?? Not to mention we dont need all these low end 911 carreras and carrera 4's running around just so people can say they drive a porsche.
I hope you know that Ferrari is building a new "dino" to compete with the porsche price range.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #15
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Originally Posted by dons5

I hope you know that Ferrari is building a new "dino" to compete with the porsche price range.
They are ''building'' that car for 2 years now...or more...since someone tought they saw a wrapped car, and made an article that its a Ferrari Dino....I dont think it will ever be made......

Look, they made the Scuderia much quicker, and test mules were seen 3-4 months before release....unlike the ''Dino'', wich the first wannabe spy-shots were released 2 years before, or more.....