Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default Your opinions on the new 5th gear format.

First....I could tell immediately that they were going to have a serious attempt at taking on Top Gear with the way the Aston Martin feature was filmed. The camera angles and location had a real Top Gear feel to them IMO...not quite there yet...but a massive step in the right direction.

Then we have the "office HQ setup" obviously an attempt to take on the Top Gear hanger idea....I was actually embarrassed by this and could do nothing but cringe...absolutely piss poor attempt at copying an original and great idea...and is simply awful...the cups didn't even have coffee in them...and the whole setup was incredibly false....felt really cheap and kinda lonely in a sad way in there....I felt like ringing the samaritans after viewing this part of the show..0/10

The "shoot out board" more copying and equally as cheap, tacky and horrible...I hate people that copy and also make piss poor inferior versions.

VBH...getting old and haggard...really nasty looking beast these days...only fit for the knackers yard....isn't it time we change her in for a new model please ? Even her mum is better looking these days...also the track is still a bit of a joke.

Second part of the plato Ford GT was quite good...a big improvement here that briefly had TWO Ford GT's I think for the first time ever...they kinda beat Top Gear on something.

All in all a much better show except for the terrible "office" setup and trying to copy Top Gear and making a cheap shit job of it.

Lets hope they continue to improve as the TEN part series goes on.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote