Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 06-08-2004, 06:51 AM   #46
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo21
Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by yg60m
BTW Jabba, do you have a free premium subscription to RF offered to thank you for all the videos posted in RF and encoded by you ?
NO ABSOLUTELY NOT AND NOT EVEN OFFERED TO ME EITHER !!!

This is what was starting to piss me off more and more I was still expected to pay to download videos that were mostly my own in the first place !!!
Its free to download videos of RF, a premium membership only gets you access to the 100Mbps servers therefore speeding things up if you have a
broadband connection.
Of course I wouldnt have known that :roll:
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:18 AM   #47
dingo
Regular User

Well I would have assumed that you did, but since you wrote "....I was still expected to pay to download videos....." I wasn't so sure and thought I'd clear it up (for others if not you).
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 AM   #48
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo21
Originally Posted by yg60m
BTW Jabba, do you have a free premium subscription to RF offered to thank you for all the videos posted in RF and encoded by you ?
NO ABSOLUTELY NOT AND NOT EVEN OFFERED TO ME EITHER !!!

This is what was starting to piss me off more and more I was still expected to pay to download videos that were mostly my own in the first place !!!
Its free to download videos of RF, a premium membership only gets you access to the 100Mbps servers therefore speeding things up if you have a
broadband connection.
Of course I wouldnt have known that :roll:
LOL !
Dingo, if you achieve to download a video in only one time, without to resume or to break then you're lucky. And i think that the least they could do is to offer a free 100 Mbps to Jabba which provided them a lot of very good stuffs. If i took a premium it's because of the breaking downloads when i wanted to download all of these wonderfull 5th Gear and Top Gear video which all have this little : www.jabbasworld.net on the top
Old 06-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #49
dingo
Regular User

Well I haven't downloaded any videos from jabbasworld yet so I can't comment on it, but I haven't had many probs with RF. I must be lucky because I have downloaded vids without a break, and if it does then since I use DAP it isn't a problem.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:07 AM   #50
vividance
Regular User

we are still on this RF thing ?

just say..sorry won't do it again and will ask for permission next time ... ops:
vividance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:57 PM   #51
DeonV
Regular User

Although I often visit this site, I don't often post and therefor have not yet been granted permission to the 'brotherhood'. So I need to dowload from elsewhere.

My 1st d/load of this vid was from RF, and was corrupt, after 3hours. I then d/loaded sleepyfish which is smaller (size) and was okey, but it was 2 parts. I went back to RF to d/load overnight and it was 100%.

I think it was a great program, a couple of comments which we don't normally hear, but otherwise very nice. I think I watched it 4 times over and again.

I don't want to compare it too much to the SLR, but I think more people in GTs are going to see their asses against SLRs than otherway around. The SLR is promoted to be an easy driving fast car, while the Stig had to practise a bit before taking on the clock. THe SLR and GT are 2 totally different concept altogether and they are both great in their own right.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #52
paulesko
Regular User

i love that porsche it´s just wonderful.

Top gear tested the enzo, with tiff needle andi in fiorano, because (i think) they don´t let journalist take their masterpiece out of fiorano.
paulesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #53
TT
Regular User

No dude, it was 5th Gear.. Tiff stopped working for BBC years ago
Old 06-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #54
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeonV
Although I often visit this site, I don't often post and therefor have not yet been granted permission to the 'brotherhood'. So I need to dowload from elsewhere.

My 1st d/load of this vid was from RF, and was corrupt, after 3hours. I then d/loaded sleepyfish which is smaller (size) and was okey, but it was 2 parts. I went back to RF to d/load overnight and it was 100%.
That's exactly what i was talking about , corrupted videos. That's why i upgraded to a premium. BTW, the sleepfish video is the basis of the RF one, they just reencoded it with their logo ...
Old 06-09-2004, 10:44 PM   #55
vividance
Regular User

you guys should try download accelerator...it's got a resume function.

so when u go off line , it will stop, and when you are online again , it can continue where it left off. save alot of time and waiting as well.

i have not encounter any corrupted files so far from RF...i think it's only becoz you dun have the DLL to play it? :roll:

it think it's not that they don't let journalist drive it, it's just that perhaps nearly all journalist can't drive that well and cannot show case the potential like tiff can....

imagine, driving an ENzo, slowly and gently..... Ferrari would want 5th Gear to cut out that portion...... it's like telling the whole world, that's the best it can do....imagine that :roll: hahaha....

tiff is good, the way he catches the over steer, I love it !!!
vividance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:57 AM   #56
TT
Regular User

vivi please, learn to use the edit button, or to wait 4 extra minutes and post the whole thing together.. I keep seeing double posts from you...
Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #57
323Ci
Regular User

Thanks for the video man i loved it!!!!!!!!
323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:27 PM   #58
Raven1907
Regular User

Originally Posted by 323Ci
Thanks for the video man i loved it!!!!!!!!
As did i, ONE MAJOR PROBLEM

Well when Jeremy starts ripping the track up hardcore this song plays in the background

Hard drums quite a speedy tempo with like asian humming in the background

now at first i thought it was from the matrix, however then i remmebered ive got the OST andplayed through the first one through to revolutions. No Luck

Does ANYONE knw what the tune was?

and no i dont mean the V10
Raven1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:50 PM   #59
760il
Regular User

what acar :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
760il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #60
M-pulse
Regular User

Imagine picking up the ladies in that beast by the time you get home, half the works been dont for you. lol 8) 8)