Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-02-2003, 12:17 PM   #1
Ziploc
Regular User

Default F1 challenge

is F1 challenge worth installing with a keyboard and no wheel?

is there an option to watch a race and not compete?

nows multipyplayer?
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
XyKo
Regular User

Yeah it's worth the try without a wheel. I have play with it with the keyboard for 1 week and got use to all the auto assist and braking. Without those, you be Fuck on the keyboard. But it's fun playing like that, for championship mode. ANd yes you can watch a race.
XyKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:19 PM   #3
Ziploc
Regular User

really watch a live race or a replay?
Old 07-02-2003, 02:24 PM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

OK I have two uploads to get up tonight then I have got some free time to have a look at hosting our first champonship...that is if I can still download it from KH....I may even put a small cash prize up for the winner that I can pal-pal over to them....if it works out ok...future prizes could be funded by way of a small entrance fee...(just an idea)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:28 PM   #5
Ziploc
Regular User

LFS is easy for a quick test jabba for skills and internet speed just 40mg
Old 07-02-2003, 02:31 PM   #6
XyKo
Regular User

Woohoo, a competition. Well I'll donate stuff if you want. Maybe bootleg movies or something. hehehe
Old 07-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #7
Jabba
Regular User

maybe the winner gets to borrow my F355 or Diablo for the weekend ?
Old 07-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #8
Jabba
Regular User

I will download LFS Ziploc...as the download from Krazy is gonna take over 24 hours...(currently 5-10 k/sec) but this isnt going to help me test the F1 hosting idea for now...
Old 07-02-2003, 03:03 PM   #9
XyKo
Regular User

lol I wish you were in the US. Because I'll do whatever it takes to win the competition just to be able and drive the ferrari around one block. That would be enough for now. Only if my freaking bro sell his Benz S500 with $12k spinning rims, then we'll have our very own ferrari. I say he'd wasted $95k for that damn 03 S500.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:43 PM   #10
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ziploc
it sure does run sweet on my PC...but too many options for me to explore...I am sure its damn sweet in the hands of an expert !! really nice anyway 8)
Old 07-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #11
Anonymous

LOL dam Jabba your too much friend Your gunna make all these kids crazier than I am with that offer!!!! LOlolo

LOL if you think that Live For Speed game has alot of options, it'll take you a day just to read half of the shit in F1 it EASILY has the most complex car setup and controller setup menu's Ive ever seen, honestly.

The controler alone must have 200 differnt adjustments and the ability to make 4 differnt profiles to compensate for differnt car setups/weather conditions!

Best part is they all are very exacting in duplicating a real world condition... I know a good bit on car setup and they have done a bang up job on getting it right.....

Your getting this from a person who regards EA with the same contempt I have for AOL well there are the same companys LMAO I hate EA... so it says a helluva lot coming out of my mouth...
Old 07-02-2003, 06:08 PM   #12
Ziploc
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
it sure does run sweet on my PC...but too many options for me to explore...I am sure its damn sweet in the hands of an expert !! really nice anyway 8)
put tyre pressure to minimum and full occupant capacity and prepare to be amazed at was the tyres do :roll:
Old 07-02-2003, 06:11 PM   #13
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jabba
put tyre pressure to minimum and full occupant capacity and prepare to be amazed at was the tyres do :roll:

hmmm I guess it aint a reality game then LooooL
Old 07-02-2003, 06:12 PM   #14
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Krazy Hawaiian
LOL if you think that Live For Speed game has alot of options, it'll take you a day just to read half of the shit in F1 it EASILY has the most complex car setup and controller setup menu's Ive ever seen, honestly.
Thats what puts me off most games today...far too complicated for me to understand...more like work than fun...I just dont have the patience anymore I guess...far to old now to begin learning...(as a wise jedi master once said) I would however love to watch the race in progress....and I was quite excited when someone said this could be done....

in the mean time I am still trying to get to grips with night driver on the atari 2600...remember this krazy ???

Old 07-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #15
Anonymous

ROFL Yep, although I did more rashin than anything (Road Rash)