Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z View Post
I just need to vent on how dumb of a move it was for Massa to think taking the outside line would be a good idea to keep Hami behind him, and then Piquet makes the same mistake. Just a little aggravated.
Agreed. Was he trying to avoid an accident? It was quite weak...

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
I am quite disappointed. Ferrari seems to be not improving as fast as the other teams.
There hasn't been strong races to demonstrate consistency though.. Rain in Monaco, Rain in Silverstone.. Germany, yes, Ferrari wern't the fastest.. It will be interesting to see how they respond moving forward; a lot can happen in two weeks before a race.

Let's not forget Ferrari were blitzing it, and Mclaren struggling severlely at the start of the season until recently...
Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #32
5vz-fe
Regular User

Yeah, I am having my fingers crossed. Really want Kimi to win the title back to back.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #33
Pokiou
Regular User

I dont know about you guys BUT i move over in the free way if i beleive the car behind me is faster...
It's commen sense to move out the way of a faster car or even a faster team mate.. WHY in gods name would you wanna hold them back..
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #34
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
I dont know about you guys BUT i move over in the free way if i beleive the car behind me is faster...
Because these guys are racing, on a racetrack, and not on the freeway.
The object of the race is to win, not to come second.
The subject of team orders is an ambiguous one, and likely not one to be resolved easily.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #35
go1d1e
Regular User

Didnt Piquet say something about not putting up a fight incase they took each other out? He said something in the interview after. Also mentioned that if they argued on the too much then massa would of caught up and he could of lost more than one place. Logical thinking..
go1d1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #36
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by go1d1e View Post
Didnt Piquet say something about not putting up a fight incase they took each other out? He said something in the interview after. Also mentioned that if they argued on the too much then massa would of caught up and he could of lost more than one place. Logical thinking..
Yes, that is true. Needlessly / aimlessly fighting through corners that potentially will ruin both your races is not considered intelligent racing.

However, defending your line when you are perfectly able to do so is a different scenario. Heiki was asked by his team-mates not to do this, and that is what is being discussed.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #37
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
Because these guys are racing, on a racetrack, and not on the freeway.
The object of the race is to win, not to come second.
The subject of team orders is an ambiguous one, and likely not one to be resolved easily.
who said there was team orders?? you speculating... i believe he came to the conclusion to move over for his team mate.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 AM   #38
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
who said there was team orders?? you speculating... i believe he came to the conclusion to move over for his team mate.
Because Ron Dennis was obviously giving the orders with his reactions shown on the tele. Heiki apparently would say in interviews that he was faster than Hami, and would race him, not give up his position.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:20 AM   #39
Pokiou
Regular User

he didnt say anything.... he said i saw hamilton was quicker so i moved over.