Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 06-19-2005, 10:15 AM   #76
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by ccarlisi
What a horrible looking car. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge that much money for what is basically a warmed over Enzo. The Enzo is over priced to begin with. If Porsche can sell the CGT for hundreds of thousands at AT A PROFIT, why can't ferrari? Naturally it's being sold by invite only. I can imagine the decision making process -who are the 20 most indiscriminate customers we have ?? You know, the guys that pay $540 for a walmart fire extinguisher with a Ferrari sticker on it.
That has to be the worst post in this whole thread.
Word.

And ccarlisi, just for your information, Porsche has recently announced that they'll make only around 1250 Carrera GT's, instead of the initally proclaimed 1500, because of the tough market situation. Doubt they'll make much profit (if any).
Old 06-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #77
CMonakar
Regular User

Why is everybody hating on the looks? Its supposed to be the fastest thing around, who cares how it looks? Its sure funky looking but its not bad..
I doubt it's even close to the fastest thing on a race track. It's not road legal, so don't bother comparing it to road cars. If you think that looks even ok, you have no taste.
I think you just took that honor.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #78
graywolf624
Regular User

It still has its place. Id love to have a race car that is supported and kept running by a manufacturer. Sorta like a challenge car that you can use for any series and the company does the maintenance.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #79
is64fun
Regular User

enzo lights are much much better than these ugly things.

Some draws a car only. some, adds style and passion into it!
is64fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #80
kjekki
Regular User

wow! nice PS sentradude..
really looks like a racer now
kjekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #81
bmagni
Regular User

I doubt it's even close to the fastest thing on a race track. It's not road legal, so don't bother comparing it to road cars.
i think comparing it to road cars will come, but what will be intresting is what will come as the R&D that comes from this car, so we just have to wait and see, still the Enzo kicks mayor ass, mostly to every single supercar.

If you think that looks even ok, you have no taste
i guess were all free to like and dislike whatever we want, and i bet you more and more people will start liking it in a while. And remember its JUST A CONCEPT, so most of the looks wont make it to the final product. Why bitch so much about it ?
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #82
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Why is everybody hating on the looks? Its supposed to be the fastest thing around, who cares how it looks? Its sure funky looking but its not bad..
I doubt it's even close to the fastest thing on a race track. It's not road legal, so don't bother comparing it to road cars. If you think that looks even ok, you have no taste.
I think you just took that honor.
What a horrible looking car. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge that much money for what is basically a warmed over Enzo. The Enzo is over priced to begin with. If Porsche can sell the CGT for hundreds of thousands at AT A PROFIT, why can't ferrari? Naturally it's being sold by invite only. I can imagine the decision making process -who are the 20 most indiscriminate customers we have ?? You know, the guys that pay $540 for a walmart fire extinguisher with a Ferrari sticker on it.
Here we go:

I never said the car is good looking, the car looks like it does because thats how the wind tunell shaped it. Its purpose is to basicly be a race car, race cars have a purpose to go fast, no one gives a shit what a race car looks like because most of the time they dont look all that great with big wings, huge air intakes etc, thats why people love the new Aston so much, because its a gorgeous race car, a rarity.

I have no taste? I was born with taste buddy.

Who are you to put a price on the Enzo? Its clearly selling for twice as much as the factory sticker price, and this is people making it cost that much, not the factory, so you over priced argument makes no sense. Its a highly limited production car from the most famous marque in the world and its one of the fastest things around, over priced my ass. THe Macca was overpriced.

How is it a warmed over Enzo? Uses basic enzo chassis, FYI all auto makers do that, they use a lot of basic parts for different models of their cars. Hence you can find the Vette V8 in the CTS etc...

Do you know what a 575GTC costs from factory? I guess not. Find out and then tell me if the FXX is over priced. It costs a mill just to get a basic 575 with a spare engine, here your getting something much faster, and much more exculsive for less the double the price.

Your post was just a load of hate, only valid comment there was that you didnt like the looks, all the rest was hatefull nonsense. So keep the honours.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #83
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i must agree with SFDMALEX. the Enzo is a beautiful car that is apparently hold its value increasingly well. it is one of the most desired cars in the world and tehy have jsut improved it by a lot this car is not street legal for a reason as SFD said. it is a racecar.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:24 PM   #84
Ill cavalo rampante
Regular User

wow there is so much formule one in this thing it has to be the best supercar ever
Ill cavalo rampante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #85
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ill cavalo rampante
wow there is so much formule one in this thing it has to be the best supercar ever
its just a concept, read dude, its not even road legal, its for development of new cars, one of those might the become the greatest supercar ever
Old 06-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #86
Evil-ution
Regular User

ferrari just want to make more money from the engine they spent years building, so they've threw it in a car and called it the Enzo, then they used it again in the MC12 and now they made somthing that looks so horribol and called it the fxx.. omg!

The 4G63 Al-Mighty Engine, Best Japanese Engine Ever Built
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #87
Evil-ution
Regular User

am with u all the way bro.. the car is a mess, they took of the rear lights in the enzo and put these ugly exhaust tips intead, the car hasn't got side mirrors and the dirver can't even see whats behind his back! and why do ferrari sell there cars much more expensive then others? couse they think that they make more proper cars then other companys.. and they convinced ppl that the Enzo is the best car ever, so they get the honor to choose who to own it!!
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #88
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evil-ution
ferrari just want to make more money from the engine they spent years building, so they've threw it in a car and called it the Enzo, then they used it again in the MC12 and now they made somthing that looks so horribol and called it the fxx.. omg!
as TT says all this cars started from scratch and headed to different directions, and they have done the same thing through the years, as well as porsche, mb, bmw and all the brands do the same, take the info from previous cars and then develop new ones. Same thing with the engines.

And ill say it once again, this cars is just a CONCEPT made to develop new cars, looks of supercars in early development arent that good. Right ? Why is this ?? cause they are made to perform and not to have the best looks, the looks come in the final production car.. And looks are to sell, and theyre result of the lines made for the car to have a certain performance.
Think of the FXX as a test mule theyre selling, is it that hard ??? why dont people get it ???
Its not a production car !!!! Its made to help develop new cars !! Its a concept !!! READ, READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #89
mustang07
Regular User

I just found this and didn't see it on here. This one has no striping and different exhaust outlets. Sorry if I missed it and it's a repost. Oh and sorry for the quality it's a magazine scan.
mustang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #90
TT
Regular User

Yep that car was seen some months ago testing at Fiorano.. getting ready to launch the FXX obviously