Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion > Episode Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
martin100
Regular User

Default 5th Gear - S12 EP1 - 3rd September, 2007 - Discussion

Returning to Five for its 12th series, Fifth Gear promises more facts and essential information than ever before about the most important new cars, along with the usual mix of stunts and challenges that push cars and presenters to their limits. With the presenters desperate to top their action-packed exploits last time around, this series promises to be the most thrilling yet.

Tiff Needell kicks off the series in style with the fastest car in the world – the Bugatti Veyron. As well as a breathtaking road test on public streets, Tiff takes the Veyron to a circuit for the first ever televised track test of this £890,000 beast.

Elsewhere, Jonny Smith tests a potential revolution in city transport – the Mitsubishi i. Ten inches shorter than a Mini, yet able to seat four adults in comfort, the car is a massive hit in the congested streets of Japan.

One man who may need a slightly larger vehicle, however, is England rugby star and ‘Dancing on Ice’ supremo Kyran Bracken. Kyran will be joining the Fifth Gear team to take some circuit-driving tuition from Jason Plato, before being let loose in an open-wheeled racing car that will accelerate from 0-62mph in just 2.9 seconds! It is the toughest challenge ever set to a Fifth Gear guest, and will illustrate just how difficult it is to be a racing driver.

Also in the series opener, Tom Ford tests the sexy new Maserati GranTurismo coupe on the stunning roads of Italy; while Vicki Butler-Henderson finds out which car is the quicker – the brand new Audi S5 or the BMW 335i.
The Veyron feature sounds much better than i hoped :shock: Including a tracktest!
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote