Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion > Episode Discussion

Old 05-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default 5th Gear : S9 EP8 : 29th May, 2006 - Discussion

Are old Mercedes really the best cars ever built? Vicki puts an old cliché to an extreme test on tonight’s show. Using a baseball bat, a staged ‘accident’, a four-foot-deep flood and a monster truck, she dishes out some serious punishment to a poor old Merc. Will it still work when she’s finished with it? You may be surprised…

Meanwhile, Tom is in Japan visiting the world’s maddest motorway services. Daikoku Fotu in Tokyo is a normal service station by day, but by night hosts a huge unofficial car party. People dance in the car park, vans full of speakers battle it out to see who’s loudest, and the street-racers see who can make the most smoke by spinning their tyres. The police eventually turn up to shut the party down – will Tom get caught?

Nick Freeman is a hugely successful defence lawyer who’s been dubbed Mr Loophole because of his extraordinary ability to find a flaw in the law. Nick has represented many of the rich and famous including footballers David Beckham and Lee Bowyer and the demand for his talents has made him his millions . We look at a day in the life of the loophole lawyer to try and uncover some of the secrets behind his success.
The life of a lawyer.... oh how interesting :roll:

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
1zippo1
Regular User

shit, tis episode sounds absolutely terrible!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
martin100
Regular User

^ exactly. 5th Gear somehow always manages to make an episode even worse than the anyway crappy previous one :x I hope this is the last ep cause i´m really fed up with this 3rd class shit...
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
^ exactly. 5th Gear somehow always manages to make an episode even worse than the anyway crappy previous one :x I hope this is the last ep cause i´m really fed up with this 3rd class shit...
umm, 8th out of 13 unfortunately....

Old 05-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
Well stop watching it then..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
DeMoN
Regular User

what the hell? So how is this lawyer relateed to cars again?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #7
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
what the hell? So how is this lawyer relateed to cars again?
That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I read the summary
Old 05-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
martin100
Regular User

I´m only still watching it cause it sometimes has a good feature like RS4 vs M3 CS for example. But thats VERY rare!
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
fsandys
Regular User

Apparently, according to Tiff at the end of this week's episode, he will be testing the Ferrari 599 in next weeks episode (this one!).

They don't seem to be making a big thing of it like it should be, it's not even listed as a feature of next week's show! :x

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
fsandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #10
vexor
Regular User

^^ that's exactly what I was looking at and yeah, no mention of it at all

anyway here's a detailed synopsis of this episode

Mercedes got the bends
Vicki Butler-Henderson puts an old cliché to an extreme test. Are old Mercedes really the best cars ever built? Using a baseball bat, an accident, a four foot deep flood and a monster truck, she dishes out some serious punishment to a poor old Merc. Will it still work when she's finished with it? You may be surprised...

Moto'way madness
Tom Ford is in Japan visiting the world's maddest motorway services. Daikoku Fotu in Tokyo is a normal service station by day, but by night hosts a huge unofficial car party. People dance in the car park, vans full of speakers battle it out to see who's loudest, and the street-racers see who can make the most smoke by spinning their tyres. The police eventually turn up to shut the party down - will Tom get caught?

You're a free man
Nick Freeman is a hugely successful defence lawyer who's been dubbed Mr Loophole because of his extraordinary ability to find a flaw in the law. Nick has represented many of the rich and famous including footballers David Beckham and Lee Bowyer and the demand for his talents has made him his millions. We look at a day in the life of the loophole lawyer to try and uncover some of the secrets behind his success.

Fuel fraud
Is the high price of fuel causing a growth in diesel smuggling? It is widely know that European fuel is much cheaper than the stuff sold on UK forecourts and the rumours are that foreign lorry drivers are now selling diesel from their tanks to British motorists. Jon Bentley goes undercover to see if you really can buy bootleg diesel.

M:I:III behind the scenes
We'll be revealing the tricks and secrets used to create some of the most spectacular stunts from the new Mission Impossible Film, M:I:III. We've got some exclusive behind the scenes footage from the blockbuster and we'll be taking a closer look at the chases, crashes and bangs that make MI3 this summer's must see movie.

Webchat alert!
Tom Ford will be online after the show to chat about, well, anything really!

Old 05-30-2006, 04:05 AM   #11
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
And in here they're not even cheap, or would you buy a '96 290E with 580,000 km for 15,990€? They sure are strong cars.
:shock: Cars in Finland must be extremely expensive
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #12
Svensson
Regular User

^ So did they even actually test a new car in yesterday's episode?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by Svensson
^ So did they even actually test a new car in yesterday's episode?
THey did something similar than Top Gear did to that old Hilux some years ago, but if the TopGear demolishing was with a sledgehammer, this was just with a hammer
The hilux will have no problem surviving the water test.