Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

View Poll Results: What's the best 'Gran Turismo'?
Gran Turismo 1? 3 10.00%
Gran Turismo 2? 10 33.33%
Gran Turismo 3? 9 30.00%
Gran Turismo 4? 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
N.J.
Regular User

Default The Best 'Gran Turismo'?

The title says it all
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
neothealien

2 is the best, even though 3 has better gfx etc, it didnt have the option to make racing modifications to the cars, and left out some great stuff like the TVR Cerbera LM

can't vote for 4 as I havnt tried it yet
Old 05-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #3
Anonymous

I voted for number one because it just plain awesome it blew ya mind when it was released and i played on it the other day for nostalgias sake and it was awesome!!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #4
No.1
Regular User

I vote for No 2

It has the most cars which makes it varied and in GT3 i missed the chance to put on the racing modifications (stickers and wings)
I had evolved well from GT1 and i agree with some of you who say GT1 is the best 'cos it was the original, but no 2 is it for me
Old 05-03-2004, 03:14 PM   #5
Silvia_Drift
Regular User

Gran Turismo 3 is definatly the best. It might not have all the cars and features that the other versions had but it did have the best graphics and physics model. It made driving these cars extremely realistic. I thought that the developers modeled most road cars physics properly but the race cars and some supercars were a bit off. These cars would not have been as forgiving as the game portrayed them as. Gran Turismo 3 will be the best GT game until Gran Turismo 4 comes out.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:21 PM   #6
666fast
Regular User

GT2
It was better than GT1 for obvious reasons, and as far as I'm concerned, the only thing GT3 did better was graphics. The pretty graphics weren't enough to make me want to keep playing it like I did with GT2.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
TT
Regular User

Cosnidering the fact the 4 doesn't exists yet and that GT4P just give a vague idea, I don't think you could really put it into the poll

GT2 for me too.. for sure to play it now after the PS2 is seems so strange... to fast and to low framerate not to talk about the graphic, but still I place my vote on it because of the body modifications available, the second hand garages with rare cars popping up every now and then...
Old 05-03-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
crazidude
Regular User

GT2 for me. Most cars, and many mods. GT3 has good graphics, but it does lack cars and mods.

I should try the first one some day.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:45 AM   #9
Kz
Regular User

Kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kz
What an intelligent response, is that all you have to say.
No opinion or what so ever, by posting like this you want get acces to the d/l group, your already nominated in Jabba's hall of shame.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Cosnidering the fact the 4 doesn't exists yet and that GT4P just give a vague idea, I don't think you could really put it into the poll

GT2 for me too.. for sure to play it now after the PS2 is seems so strange... to fast and to low framerate not to talk about the graphic, but still I place my vote on it because of the body modifications available, the second hand garages with rare cars popping up every now and then...
Old 05-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #12
jorge
Regular User

GT3 for me, but i am really looking forward to play GT4!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #13
Minacious
Regular User

GT4 will definately be hot, there is no doubt about that. Since it isn't out though, kind of hard to vote for it since it hasn't gotten a proper play through.

My vote goes to GT2. It took all that I loved about GT1 and improved upon it. Yes GT3 had far better graphics and a more robust physics model, it should being on the PS2, but it had some vital components missing that made GT1 and 2 so good.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:40 AM   #14
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

GT2 was the best..it had all the classic cars which were no where to be found it GT3, and tuning of the cars...however GT4 looks as if it will be the best game yet! I cannot wait!
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:01 AM   #15
Kz
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Originally Posted by Kz
What an intelligent response, is that all you have to say.
No opinion or what so ever, by posting like this you want get acces to the d/l group, your already nominated in Jabba's hall of shame.
whats need to be said?? 4 is definitely gonna be the best one, cause the prologue is pretty good and it has the mclaren f1!!!! I already mentioned this in another post! and whats this crap about hall of shame?
Kz is offline   Reply With Quote