Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-31-2005, 09:36 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
U have to own it to unlock it at arcade mode........that means Endurance for u =P~
Did I mention the game has all 700+ plus cars unlocked and owned in the garage?

And the 4 black cars - and the elusive solid colour Ford GT's - oh, and the black GTP cars are all zero mile new cars.

The only car I am missing that is of note is the black Formula 1 - but you can race that in arcade if you really have to.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #17
Max Power

The only car I am missing that is of note is the black Formula 1
why is there only one F1 car....different color and whatever, but GT3 had a bunch...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:11 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Max Power
The only car I am missing that is of note is the black Formula 1
why is there only one F1 car....different color and whatever, but GT3 had a bunch...
Just one of the quirks that prove they over promised and under delivered on GT4.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #19
sheruken
Regular User

Yes Minacious, I agree. Choice and FreeWill, is what makes Mankind Grow. We have the freedom of choice so I might like something which you may not. But that doesnt mean you dont appreciate good things. I agree GT4 had been in development for a few years and the AI is just horrible, but thats where the Missions come into picture. If you think AI is totally unchallenging, then for the "challenge factor" the missions are just in a different level. If you have lost the desire of completeing mission, then thats why I said ^^^ well what I said. And I didnt mean to be offensive about it, allthough I apologies for that. Its just I have seen many people stop playing the game just coz they couldnt complete the missions. Which I took it as a challenge and completed myself. As far as simulation goes for this game, it does have enough simulation for an Auto Enthusiast to enjoy. But as a Racing Simulation fan, trust me, I've played many PC Racing Simulations and except for a very few (like GTR) they just feel like driving on Ice rather than on Tarmac, which GT4 delivers perfectly. Yes it is much more forgiving than other Sims, but its not as unrealistic as "just a dab of throttle on a reasonably fast AWD car and the car spins". I've spent on many track day events in my life and have spun overr like crazy and trust me whenever in GT4 I spun it was exactly the same mistake I did in the real, allthough that doesnt mean anything, its just my experience, am not trying to prove anything here.
Allthough the suspension and other setup according to me has been quite well programmed in GT4.
Besides that I agree, that the other racing events with AI cars are just a bunch of overrated, compulsory piece of repeatative crap, but it can be FUN ..
Just my opinion..
Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 AM   #20
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Max Power
the stupidst (if that's a word) is that u'd have to wait for 2 min everytime u started that mission...pissed the hell out of me
Exactly - I tried it a couple times then got bored... you have way more patience than I... hehe
I could'nt agree more, If I don't make it, and then have to wait over and over again, I just get sad..... and almosts starts to cry :cry:
Old 06-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #21
Minacious
Regular User

No worries, sheruken. The AI in the game is where my real problem stems. Just look at the quote in RC's sig and you will see where I'm coming from. There was absolutely no excuse for having the same tired ass AI that was in GT3. It pisses me off more in 4 because we kept reading about how great and much improved the AI was going to be, and what did we get? The same damn AI from the previous game. It's like going out with a girl with spectacular breast, getting her home and finding out she stuffs her bra. If PD is going to call their game "The Ultimate Driving Simulator", damnit, give me "The Ultimate Driving Simulator" and stop blowing smoke up my ass with all these promises of greatness. I demoted GT4 to the status of hot-lap racer. Taking a well setup car on the Ring and trying to beat my best time is still fun.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #22
sheruken
Regular User

It's like going out with a girl with spectacular breast, getting her home and finding out she stuffs her bra.
Hehe, Funny, yet precise!!
I cant dissagree to what you said. Sorry to have jumped to conclusion before, the AI is indeed pathetic.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #23
5vz-fe
Regular User

I have a request actually....

For ppl who claim to finish the game 100%, can we have a screenshot please ??
Old 06-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #24
Max Power

Old 06-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #25
ViperASR
Regular User

wow, thats impressive. 202 cars total, with an 81.9% win ratio. I must congratulate u my friend on a well done job with that.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #26
5vz-fe
Regular User

Max Power, thanks very much for that screen shot, very much appreciated =)

btw, the mileage for B-Spec >> A-Spec
Old 06-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

WHOA---- You are one race from armageddon!!!! Don't dare start race 666
Old 06-02-2005, 12:15 AM   #28
Max Power

well all the endurance races were shit.....u'd smoke all the cars by the 1st lap and then have a race against yourself trying to beat your best time....so endurance races = B spec