Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2008
subzero 10 13.16%
cool 31 40.79%
uncool 22 28.95%
seriously uncool 13 17.11%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
System
Regular User

Default Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2008

System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

Goddamn ugly car. Yuck!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Skaala
Regular User

seriously uncool

"I want my blue rally car" - TN
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
pagani
Regular User

It looks good subzero for me.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
harryo2b
Regular User

A lot better in WRC trim when seen in person

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Svensson
Regular User

Ugh.. I'm sure this thing goes better and is even faster than the old model, but this pimped out hatchback style just doesn't work for me.

Uncool.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
regele

Uncool
Old 11-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
Svensson
Regular User

^ It's definately better looking than the WRX and the normal versions, but still.. I think a lot of long-term Impreza owners will be very disappointed by this.
Oh well... different people, different tastes.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
acmarttin
Regular User

I was on the fence cool/uncool, but I voted uncool. I think it will be able to pass the torch to a cooler successor. With 2 less doors. Front or back - doesn't matter.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
racer_f50
Regular User

Regardless of our opinions on the styling, the car is still an STi. As such, it's the closest thing Subaru makes to a road-going rally car. Therefore it is cool.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
obdr
Regular User

ok, now this is just getting sad. I was seriously disgusted when I first saw the new impreza. It went beyond my worst nightmares. Subaru turned it into a Toyota Camry/ Honda Accord lookalike with a stupidly huge front scoop that doesnt fit at all with the rest of the car. Hell, my dads 07 Honda Civic looks WAY sleeker and much much more modern (not to mention it looks more expensive then it is).

Boring people will hate it because of the big hood scoop and old WRX fans will hate it because the rest of the car looks more bland then a Camry for christs sake!!!!! What they have done is make a car for NOBODY instead of a car for a few dedicated petrolhead freaks like the old WRX was.

BIG MISTAKE SUBARU

I was hoping Subaru would fix thier massive mistake ounce the WRX Sti came out. I thought, through some minor miracle, they could take that POS impreza and make a nice looking Sti out of it. I was wrong.

This WRX Sti is only slightly better looking then the Impreza. Where is the ultra aggresive styling??? Where are the buling muscular wheel arches?? Where is the massive intercooler??? Where is the aggressive boxy look??? Where are the 4 doors??? Where the hell did all the blue go???

Subaru.....you have failed and you deserve to fail. Say goodbye to all the rally fans that bought WRX's over the years.

Mitsubishi: Enjoy all the former Subaru customers who will now be showing up with checkbooks open for the Evo!! Thanx for not forgetting what your fanbase really wants!!
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
obdr
Regular User

it looks like a Ford Focus.......but worse.

The next Ford Focus RS (shamefully not coming to the US) will blast the doors off this WRX...and look much better doing it too!!!!

I don't see the appeal of hot hatches at all anyway. They just look so.....girly.

I think I must wonder at the appeal of hot hatches in the same way Europeans must wonder at why we Americans drive so many pick-up trucks. Sure, both have their obvious utility.....but.....they just don't exactly fit within the others culture now do they???

Sure you can see the odd Briton with a Ford F350 super duty and you see the odd American with a VW Golf R32......but the reality is that these people are statistical outliers within thier respective cultures.
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #13
Pokiou
Regular User

when people say WRX.. they think of this.:

Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
04RCSTI
Regular User

I have had an 04 STI and now I have an 06 STI. I have to say this is going to be for sure my last STI if they keep the hatch thing going. Its so ugly, civic hatch look. It might be faster and handle even better but theres things I cant look past.

Bad move subaru to get rid of the classic shape, STI owners are going tp feel betrayed for sure, just like I do now. As Clarkson would say "utter rubish" Its good that they are trying to innovate a bit but Im not sure what they tried to go for here.

Better for rally? Probably, but im not buying another one.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #15
chest3r
Regular User

Uncool!!

The base car is damn ugly and these STi versions are always ricers cars Ok it looks aggressive but I rather a more refined looks.