Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 02-25-2005, 01:33 AM   #1
ikon2003
Regular User

Default Player 05 - Lotec Sirius

Quick little scan from Player Magazine - Anniversary Issue 2005. My roommate got it, and while perusing, I found this short article on the Lotec Sirius. Generally, I don't appreciate car reviews in these non-automotive-themed magazines, but because this is a rather rare and lesser-known car, I decided to scan and post it. If anyone is familiar w/ the bknd of this car's development, it's striking how similar it looks to the old concepts, and how "modern" it looks in spite of being designed a decade ago. The only real change I can see is the wheels, which IMO are fantastic looking.

Very nice car. Enjoy!
~Ikon

PS: sorry for the sorta blotchy scan job - My HP scanner kinda sucks. I used to have a Cannon scanner which was brilliant, but now I'm stuck with this HP POS. So if anyone is in the market for a scanner, I would avoid HP.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:55 AM   #2
frua
Regular User

great car!!! thx for scan!; anyway, these wheels dont suit this car. IMO; its more like tuned japanese cars equipment, not for such a sience-fiction racers like Lotec...
frua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
gucom
Regular User

great car, ive sene it in the flesh on a car show...it has plenty of presence, but it was tucked away in a cheap corner of the show...Those sills have to be (some of) the widest ever on a road car...whats that, half a meter??!? :shock: ??
Old 02-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #4
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Holy mother of fuck! The power to weight ratio is insane. :shock: The looks are a bit to over-complicated and the width is just too much. Still, it's one impressive machine.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:04 AM   #5
findleybeast
Regular User

Sweet article. This is something i'd more likely expect from the likes of EVO or CAR, rather than Player. Not that the writing is all that great, but that's a hell of a car. Great to see the car finally getting some well deserved attention. Am I blind, or do they not state hp and torque numbers anywhere in that article? Oh yeah, and I still think the headlights are too damn huge.

BTW Ikon, are you sure it's the scanner? It looks like you just have a really big compression rate on the image, particularly considering the resolution of the pic

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:22 AM   #6
ikon2003
Regular User

^EVO did an article a while back. Better than this one IMO, but definitely for a different audience.

As for the width, i think it compares it to a Diablo, which is "slim" by comparison.

^I've messed w/ the scanner a lot and i dunno what's up w/ it. I kno the HP software sucks - makes scanning a chore. Also not very easy to use, and too controlling. Maybe somewhere in its depths i'll find a compression adjustment dial and make some better scans in the future.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:47 AM   #7
findleybeast
Regular User

you see the width of the sills tho? good god

^- I have HP and typically use the HP software, but mine turn out better than that. Dunno tho

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
ikon2003
Regular User

Yeah, my hp software is pretty simplistic. If anyone is familiar w/ HP Director tho, plz send me a PM so i can improve my Scans.

And yeah, those sills are extremely wide. You could definitely put 4 people across in that thing, or even 3 with a lot of room left over. (There's some concept sports car which actually did that, and then had the driver in the middle. I forget which one. It wasn't like the Mclaren F1 where the two passengers are behind the driver, but everyone is sitting on a single "bench" seat that spans the width of the car.) Somehow I wish Lotec would have done a better job of space utilization for the interior, maybe w/ some luggage storage in those huge sills tho, if structural rigidity could be maintained. Maybe they actually are storage compartments for all i know.