Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Default so I made my decision on a new (er ) car and...

I am so happy, remember I said I would buy the new camaro? well after test driving it and doing all sorts of study on it, I have withdrawn my order, due to a couple major points, I am iffy about this new GM, (call it a cop out but it's true, I realy dont know if the car would be in production 2 years from now so I may be buying into some hook line and sinker) my second point for not buying it, well... I am realy unhappy with this president NUTbama and all his croonies who now run GM, which is partly owned by Fiat????? WTF WTF WTF?

now since we just purchased a 2009 nissan maxima which is a solid car btw, and an awesome daily driver I have used the rest of my money, (after putting down 16 grand for the maxima I was lefrt with exactly 18 grand to spend on something)

so I went and purchased a mitsubishi 3000gt VR4, it is a 1993 model with a new Jasper engine put in with only 11,000 miles, the car is solid, all wheel drive twin turbo and everything works on it, I paid 9500 for it, which leaves me money to do a turbo upgrade, wheels and HIDs, all in all I took into consideration everything everyone said about these cars, but my shock was when I drove it, this thing pulls like there is no tomorrow, a true Gt car as it is comfortable, much more than the FD and I love my FD, oh my big grin came when I was driving it and some girl pulled up next to me in a porsche and gave me thumbs up, I guess these cars are rare and I am very happy with the purchase

what I like is the evil torque in this monster, and it is fairly stock sans a headlight conversion and exhaust and suspension work, I have driven many cars but nothing as evisceratingly torquey as this thing, it feels like the world goes into a warp when the boost comes in, for something with only 300+ hp and 300TQ this car moves like something much faster, it is quicker than our new maxima hands down and well maybe not as quick as my FD but if they were both stock I think this car would own it hardcore, gas mileage is a problem however, but I am not worried, I have no idea why mitsubishi stopped making these, this is truly a good example of what a well balanced car should be, comfortable, quick, great noise, awesome all wheel steering, immediate response from the 3.0L twin turbo V6, 6 speed tranny, and best of all solid, it never feels as if it's gonna break apart like the camaro felt like over some bumps, I am a convert, I never liked mitsubishis but now I hold respect for them, if all their cars drove like these they would be number 1 everywhere, did I mention that I proceeded to show tail lights to a mustang on the way home after buying it? yes, it is a good car

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
zeus_2011
Regular User

I remember going on a test drive in one of those (UK model, I think they were called 3000GTO so not sure whether the VR4 is a different model) with a friend who was looking to buy it back in 2001. It was a surprise as to how smooth and torquey it actually was and how it rode, considering its quite a heavy car. My friend settled on a 300zx at the time - lightly tuned admittedly - but he did come close to buying the Mitsubishi. That was a dark green colour which, under UK light, looked gorgeous.

Congrats on the new purchase.
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
Strop
Regular User

Great find! I like the look of that car. Maybe we can get some pics?
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote