Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Default ever tried to buy a car but the seller will not respond?

I convinced the wifey to let me obtain a R34 skyline (took lots of whip cream and I think a couple herniated discs on my back) but she said ok, so I decided to go ahead and get the deal of the century by buying an R34 for only 9k (catch is it has some damage to hood and passenger side, which I have already priced for fix at a body shop) one of the rims is bent so that will have to go too, I don't care this is a nice deal for a car that has not been "riced out"

I have money in hand, I have called the seller like 5 times, left messages, sent him an email, it has been a week, just today I saw the ad again and the mofo lowered the price to 8,800 so that means he must be aware I have called him all since last week?

I am willing to take it as is, damaged I don't care, heck I would even go pick it up myself

has anyone ever had this kind of ordeal?

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
fabro_s
Regular User

And why dont you go with the cash and look for him????

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Maybe its a scam
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

There are only 11 "legal" R34's in the US right now. A friend owns one of them, and likely knows where the rest are... I can see what I can figure out for you...

You aren't talking about the Paul Walker R34, are you?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
And why dont you go with the cash and look for him????

no address given, only that it is in NJ and a phone number

if this is a scam, I am going to be rather upset since I have already called this guy, but it is too elaborate for a phishing scam, oh I am not gonna bother anymore, I just checked and the post is gone, either he decided not to sell it or someone got it before me, at any case he could have at least answered my email

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

It might not be a scam. but if it is an illegal car you might end up having to forfeit the car and lose any moneys youpaid in the even the car is part of any ongoing investigation.I would run, not walk as far away from this as I could.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Tempting, but it's probably a scam, as real deals, meaning US legal ones, cost upwards of $50,000.

Then there's this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/World...3A1|240%3A1308
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
philip
Regular User

Lots and lots of scams out there. Ebay is full of bargin rare cars that don't exist. There are lots of rare cars in Indonesia just waiting for your money.

Deal with people face to face. No money of any kind untill you have both possession of the title and the car. Sometimes all they want is your deposit money.

Beware of the red mist.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
Mattk
Regular User

My first thought is that it was stolen and they wanted to get rid of it. Another thought is that it doesn't even exist.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
Lots and lots of scams out there. Ebay is full of bargin rare cars that don't exist. There are lots of rare cars in Indonesia just waiting for your money.

Deal with people face to face. No money of any kind untill you have both possession of the title and the car. Sometimes all they want is your deposit money.

Beware of the red mist.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Tempting, but it's probably a scam, as real deals, meaning US legal ones, cost upwards of $50,000.

Then there's this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/World...3A1|240%3A1308
Except they are incorrect in pumping up its performance potential.

Speed World Challenge GT across the country against Dodge Viper Competition Coupes, Tube-frame Chevrolet Corvettes,

World Challenge cars weren't tube frame cars... thats a different class. They couldn't win against stock chassis based cars
Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 AM   #12
5vz-fe
Regular User

Skylines are great car, but they are wayyyy over priced in this side of the pond.

9k seems quite a bit off since 15 year old R32 cost 15k here in Canada.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #13
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
World Challenge cars weren't tube frame cars... thats a different class. They couldn't win against stock chassis based cars
I remember watching that car run at Long Beach a couple of years ago. It wasn't anywhere near the field's pace and nearly crashed on multiple occassions.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #14
10000rpmlover
Regular User

UPDATE UPDATE guy just sent me an email

ello,
I am sorry for the late reply.
The car is still for sale. It has a clean title, very well maintained, no exterior damages and no mechanical problems, i don't smoke, no leaks, brakes are 80% left, oil was changed 500miles ago. The A/C blow ice cold, and the heat works fine. I'm asking $3500 for it, not negotiable. I have to to sell this car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas and the car is here with me. I can ship for free within US if you want to buy it. Let me know what you decide ASAP.
You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
Thank you.

3500???? OH SHI....

is this legit? ad first said the car was in Jersey, now it's in texas? how does he expect me to pay? is this nuts to send him money? WTF I really want this car, now he even says there is no damage while his original ad said damage

Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
UPDATE UPDATE guy just sent me an email

ello,
I am sorry for the late reply.
The car is still for sale. It has a clean title, very well maintained, no exterior damages and no mechanical problems, i don't smoke, no leaks, brakes are 80% left, oil was changed 500miles ago. The A/C blow ice cold, and the heat works fine. I'm asking $3500 for it, not negotiable. I have to to sell this car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas and the car is here with me. I can ship for free within US if you want to buy it. Let me know what you decide ASAP.
You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
Thank you.

3500???? OH SHI....

is this legit? ad first said the car was in Jersey, now it's in texas? how does he expect me to pay? is this nuts to send him money? WTF I really want this car, now he even says there is no damage while his original ad said damage
Any photos of the car? DOes he say which state it is registered in? Ask himif he is willing to use a 3rd party escrow service o fyour choosing to hold the money and title until you are satisfied with the car.

Ask for his telephone number and address and forward it on to the authorities anyway.

This has scam written all over it.