Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
inso
Regular User

Default October 2006 evo issue96

Planet evo
I want my Enzo to look like that. How one very rich enthusiast had Pininfarina design a one-off Ferrari. Also, Peugeot reveals its Le Mans racer – in saloon form – and the electric sports car that’s being built by Lotus. Plus the return of the Strathcarron

Driven
Chrysler 300C SRT-8, Litchfield Impreza Type 25,Mercedes E63 AMG, Audi A4 2.0 S-line SE, Porsche Cayman, Bentley Arnage T, BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe, Westfield 1600M, Graham Goode Racing ST300, Wolf Racing WR300

Letters
You loved our foray into the grubby ‘real world’ of affordable front-wheel-drive cars and there’s praise too for Richard Meaden’s efforts around the Nürburgring – particularly impressive when you can barely see over the steering wheel. We’ve also been spotted at Le Mans, twice

Lotus Elise: New v Old
It’s a decade since the Elise first burst onto the North York Moors and scooped up the Performance Car of the Year title. Catchpole was still in short trousers and falling out of trees back then. Now he returns to the moors with a new Elise S and an original S1

Veyron v Enzo v Carrera v Zonda
It’s the big one. The Blockbuster. La Grande Epreuve. The test that everyone’s wanted to do but no one’s managed to pull off… until now. The supercar establishment fight it out from dawn till dusk; Bugatti power versus Ferrari technology versus Porsche engineering versus Pagani flair

Million Pound Garage
A Veyron or… What would you buy with a million pounds? Contributors reveal their wish-lists

Big Mac versus Big Bug
No, not some sort of fast food lawsuit nightmare but the battle royal between the last ten years’ two pinnacles of motoring

World’s fastest saloon
It’s the amazing Brabus Rocket. And please be upstanding for the return of David Vivian

Citroen SM v Citroen C6
Has the once-quirky French manufacturer finally returned to its innovative best? Peter Tomalin dons the onions and stripey shirt to pit vieux against nouveau

Jaguar XKR
Still want that 911? Well, yes, actually, but the new XKR is pretty damn good. Richard Meaden puts the supercharged Jaguar coupe through its cruising paces on the autoroute and then stretches its legs on the brilliant Route Napoleon

Eagle E-type
For rather more money than an XKR, you could have a remanufactured, highly developed version of the classic E-type. Meaden tries it for size

White-knuckle ride: racing a Caterham at Spa
He hasn’t tested, in fact he’s never been to the circuit before, and now John Barker is about to take on Eau Rouge and the rest in the fastest of Caterham’s racers, the CSR260. Wibble

Long-term tests
Jethro’s gone all luvvie in a drop-top but tries to disguise it by going sideways. Tony Bailey waves goodbye to his Aston and delivers the verdict on a car with more than a few blots in its copybook. And Ian Eveleigh has been taking flying lessons

Subscriptions
Some do it because of the lovely grey wrapper, others because they don’t like the checkout girl in their newsagent. Whatever the reason, subscribe

The Knowledge
There’ll be a test this time next month, so start revising now. And no phoning a friend

Birth of an Icon
If you read The Knowledge avidly you’ll know that the Veyron isn’t the first quad-turbo rocket to wear Ettore’s surname. We look back at the birth of the magnificent EB110
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
Ghostbat
Regular User

Yet another incredible issue..

So many cars I want to read about, like the mighty E63.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
EnzoLover
Regular User

Can anyone scan it?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
TT
Regular User

Dang, not only I can't find the time to scan evo anymore.. but same goes for reading it I have already #94 and 95 in my living room waiting since weeks
Old 08-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #5
inso
Regular User

I guess the Zonda is the editor´s own car, and he bought an used one, so no F available.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Dang, not only I can't find the time to scan evo anymore.. but same goes for reading it I have already #94 and 95 in my living room waiting since weeks
I can understand not scanning them, cause of time, but Not reading them!!!! You should ban yourself till u do 8)
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
inso
Regular User

i have had subscription for years, and got to say, that was the best # ever. There is such emotion in making the mag. Saying more might spoil the mag, and i am not gonna say more. You will know when you read it.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
martin100
Regular User

That Veyron comparison has to be fantastic :shock: Please somebody has to scan at least that article!
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #9
inso
Regular User

mrmojo77, you save a lot by subscribing it straight from england, as i do, you also will get mags faster. The finnish importer Rautakirja is crap, expensive and slow.

btw next evo will feature rt12 against yellowbird, @track, presumably at the ´Ring. I just love RUFs, like the one posted: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42780
Old 09-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
martin100
Regular User

^ Anyway, please scan the article as soon as possible
Old 09-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
TopGearNL
Regular User

Sounds very promising, looking forward to the scans

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
gangajas
Regular User

Thanks for the pictures mrmojo77. It's been a great read.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #13
martin100
Regular User

Ahh at last Thanks alot mrmojo77!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #14
sentra_dude

Finally!!! I've been waiting forever to read this article, and that F1 v. Veyron is a huge bonus!

Thanks a bunch mrmojo77!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #15
frodefe
Regular User

Scans were not enough this time - needed to buy the real deal!
Evo is the best magazine around!!