Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
No.1
Regular User

Default evo 91 - Fast Club 2006 - May 2006

New issue arrived yesterday

Driven
Hartge H50 V10
Audi S6
Caterham C400
Alfa 159 Sportwagon
Lotus Exige S
Cadillac BLS
Mitsubishi Evo X Mule
Mercedes SL500 (Facelift)
Maserati Quattroporte Executive

Cover Story
Fast Club 2006
"0-100-0. Maximum speed runs. Timed Circuit laps. 21 cars go head to head in the ultimate performance test. Welcome to the Fast Club"

Featuring: Hartge H1 # Vauxhall Astra VXR # Jaguar XK # Ford Focus 1.6 Sport # Roush Mustang 420RE # Porsche Cayman S # Aston Martin V8 Vantage # Marcos TSO GT GT2 # Corvette Z06 # Lamborghini Gallardo # Chrysler 300C 5.7 Hemi # BMW M6 # Ascari KZ1 # Porsche 911 Carrera S Sport # Audi RS4 # Caterham CSR 260 # Renault Clio Trophy # Mitsubishi Evo FQ-340 # Dodge Ram SRT-10
(+ Rage R130 Buggy & Schumacher Menace GTR - an R/C car)

Features
Noble M15 (Preview)
Ferrari FXX
Roadster Group Test - BMW Z4M vs. Porsche Boxster S vs. TVR Tuscan vs. Alpina Z4
Mazda MX5 - Standard vs. Sport, Old vs. New, Better lower?
Project XI Part 3
Birth Of An Icon - 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Fast Fleet
"It's all change this month, with new arrivals in the exotic shape of a Porsche Carrera GT and the somewhat more familiar form of a Vauxhall Astra VXR, plus end-of-term reports on the Jaguar S-Type R and Audi TT Sport. Meanwhile, the BMW 130i M Sport hits the track, the Fiesta ST has a date with a rally-ready relative, Jethro Bovingdon ponders the wisdom of running a ten-year-old Porsche, and the Ferrari 550 lands harry with another hefty bill"

Another awesome issue 8)
Old 04-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
davide
Regular User

Wow, would love to read the Fast Club 2006, looks awesome!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
martin100
Regular User

WOW i hope Germanys car mags would be that great :shock: Really stunning features in there! I hope someone scans them all 8)
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
WOW i hope Germanys car mags would be that great :shock: Really stunning features in there! I hope someone scans them all 8)
I'm sure TT will have a load of things to do - but he'll still get 'em scanned for you guys.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
leo_26782
Regular User

Great

What do they say about the Evo X? They have really driven it or it was just a 30km/h ride? Do they say anything about the release of the production one?

Thanks for all the answer, but as I do not get it, I have to rely on generous people like you
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
yg60m
Regular User

Thanks for the teaser mate Can't wait to receive my copy, as usually
Old 04-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #7
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by leo_26782
Great

What do they say about the Evo X? They have really driven it or it was just a 30km/h ride? Do they say anything about the release of the production one?

Thanks for all the answer, but as I do not get it, I have to rely on generous people like you
PM sent - don't want any spoilers in here
Old 04-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
leo_26782
Regular User

Thanks
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
inso
Regular User

thanks for the info, i was just about to ask if anyone had #91
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #10
Just_me
Regular User

Im looking forward to read this:

Roadster Group Test - BMW Z4M vs. Porsche Boxster S vs. TVR Tuscan vs. Alpina Z4
Old 04-06-2006, 12:46 AM   #11
inso
Regular User

This is it, our biggest performance test ever! Twenty-one cars are put through a rigorous induction programme to find out if they will be allowed to enter our Fast Club. The class of 2006 includes everything from Ascari's mighty (and mightily expensive) KZ1 supercar to Renault's diminutive Clio Trophy hot hatch hero. Records fall and reputations are made. On sale now. View the taster footage here

018 Planet evo
This month we've got more mouth-watering metal and carbonfibre than ever. There's Porsche's scrumptious new GT3, the delicious Alfa 8C, even the acquired taste of the road-going Gumpert Apollo. It's all been cooked up by our Michelin-starred news chef, Brett Fraser

046 Driven
Hartge H50 V10, Audi S6, Caterham C400, Alfa 159 Sportwagon, Lotus Exige S, Cadillac BLS, Mitsubishi Evo X mule, Maserati Quattroporte Executive, Mercedes SL500

069 Letters
Peter Dron reckons that Vauxhall was a bit optimistic about the fabled top speed of the Lotus Carlton; someone reminds us that the NSX wasn't the only car in production for 15 years; there are more discussions about the whistles, sighs and burps made by turbos; and the potty-mouthed etchings on the front of our 993 are explained

076 Noble M15
Noble is about to take on the supercar establishment with its new car, the striking M15. With a price of £75K and a ferocious 455bhp, it could just give Ferrari and Lamborghini a very bloody nose. We take a look at the new car and discuss its development with its creator, Lee Noble. We also hitch a ride in the twin-turbo V6-engined development mule to see what all that power feels like on a wet and windy Bruntingthorpe

086 Fast Club 2006
This is it, our biggest performance test ever. Twenty-one cars are put through a rigorous induction programme to find out if they will be allowed to enter our Fast Club. The class of 2006 includes everything from Ascari's mighty (and mightily expensive) KZ1 supercar (right) to Renault's diminutive Clio Trophy hot hatch hero. First, Jethro Bovingdon puts each contender through a furious dash from 0-100-0. Then Richard Meaden takes over for a white-knuckle test of ultimate velocity around the high-speed bowl at Millbrook. Finally, it's over to John Barker at the Bedford Autodrome for all-out timed laps around the West Circuit. And as if all that wasn't revealing enough, we weigh them as well! Records fall and reputations are made, so sit back and imagine the smell of burning brakes and smoking clutches

110 Ferrari FXX
Just 29 people were invited to become part of the Ferrari test team by shelling-out the tidy sum of one million pounds on a Ferrari FXX, so it's understandable that there's a bit of a fuss when one of those lucky few goes to drive his car for the first time. There's the unveiling, the first tentative laps around Fiorano, the deflation when you realise that there's someone else in the garage next door who's got one too... Richard Meaden hitches a lift in the ultimate track car

120 BMW Z4 M
Roadster group test
The last M Roadster was a bit of a weightlifting hairdressers' car, but the new Z4 version is much, much better. We pitch it against Porsche's sublime Boxster S, TVR's extrovert Tuscan, and the BMW's cousin, the Alpina Roadster S. And as if that wasn't challenge enough, we decide to play it all
out on the snowy roads around the Nürburgring

130 MX-5 generations
The MX-5 has long been a favourite evo car. However, when we drove the new version at eCoty last year, it seemed Mazda had got it badly wrong; the third-generation MX-5 came a resounding last. Now we've driven some more examples, compared them with their predecessors and looked underneath for clues. Peter Tomalin is the man wearing the deerstalker and muttering 'elementary'

138 Project Westfield XI
This month our plucky band attempt to start the XI's 33-year-old engine. Champagne (and fire extinguishers) on standby!

140 Long-term tests
This month we've got a rather special new arrival: a Vauxhall Astra VXR. Oh, and a Porsche Carrera GT also joins the fleet. Meanwhile, Peter Tomalin waves goodbye to his occasionally troubled Jaguar, Greenpeace members rejoice as Chee prepares to hand back his Range Rover Sport, and Neil Carey has been out on track in the BMW 130i

156 evo Sport
Staff writer Catchpole dons a race-suit for the first time (shame it's a bit too short for him) and goes into battle from the back of a Ginetta grid. Quite a few people are there to watch...

162 The Knowledge
You've just won the Lottery and you're choosing what to put in your garage. Unfortunately you can only have one car from each page of The Knowledge. What do you choose?

194 Birth of an Icon
Brutal, fast and most importantly British, the original Aston Martin V8 Vantage was the car to lust after in the late 1970s, according to Colin Goodwin, who's old enough to remember it clearly. I wouldn't know because I wasn't born until 1981...

all from www.evo.co.uk also the news are updated, driven articles will follow soonish as usual.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #12
Retro11s
Regular User

Originally Posted by inso
110 Ferrari FXX
Just 29 people were invited to become part of the Ferrari test team by shelling-out the tidy sum of one million pounds on a Ferrari FXX, so it's understandable that there's a bit of a fuss when one of those lucky few goes to drive his car for the first time. There's the unveiling, the first tentative laps around Fiorano, the deflation when you realise that there's someone else in the garage next door who's got one too... Richard Meaden hitches a lift in the ultimate track car
Can you give a little more detail on this article? Lots of pictures?
Retro11s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #13
martin100
Regular User

Once again a stunning EVO issue! Why can´t German car mags be that great :cry: But i hope somebody scans this one...
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:51 AM   #14
inso
Regular User

i would be interested to know what is in number92, i guess some of you have it already.

Retro11s, i guess tt:s scans will come soon.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #15
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by inso
i would be interested to know what is in number92, i guess some of you have it already.

Retro11s, i guess tt:s scans will come soon.
Give me a second

EDIT -

here we go

:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=640141#640141