Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-25-2006, 03:45 AM   #1
gangajas
Regular User

Default K. Tsuchiya ranks the base Corvette

The ranking is about driving pleasure in winding roads, and it seems that they are laughing at the Corvette:

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...BE91DF3FE5.htm

P.S: I haven't put the thread in the videos section because it has not got driving footage.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

They don't say which spec model and give no indication of the context ... so they could be pissed by the lack of sushi cooler.. *shrug*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:03 AM   #3
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
They don't say which spec model and give no indication of the context ... so they could be pissed by the lack of sushi cooler.. *shrug*
It's the standard model. Keiichi drives the cars at the Gunsai Touge and then he ranks them considering how much fun he has had with every car. The ranking is about driving pleasure in winding roads.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

^^ well then he shouldn't judge the hairdresser Vette against those top shelf ricers.. it doesn't have a sushi cooler...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
Shinigami
Regular User

What's a sushi cooler? Are you talking about a rice cooker? Sushi should generally be enjoyed whilst a little warm for best flavor...

And what has it got to do with the Japanese test driving a car? Is it because they don't necessarily like the Vette as much as you do that you need to find the need to insult them about the need for a "sushi cooler"?

Some would label this as being insecure about the care you enjoy

Not everybody has the same likes and dislikes, and having to find something negative to say about their opinion brings you down.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
gangajas
Regular User

^^ well then he shouldn't judge the hairdresser Vette against those top shelf ricers.. it doesn't have a sushi cooler...
Tsuchiya does not care about sushi coolers, he is a much hardcore driver than you, me and everyone here.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Tsuchiya does not care about sushi coolers, he is a much hardcore driver than you, me and everyone here.
which is why saying the hair-dresser, cruiser, poser, chick Vette is a joke vs those others is stupid.

Because it is... maybe they should go like-for-like

Besides - the world saw how badly BMI did with a Z51 C5 on their Battle DVD - their tests are very biased towards JDM's and Porsche
Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami
What's a sushi cooler? Are you talking about a rice cooker? Sushi should generally be enjoyed whilst a little warm for best flavor...

And what has it got to do with the Japanese test driving a car? Is it because they don't necessarily like the Vette as much as you do that you need to find the need to insult them about the need for a "sushi cooler"?

Some would label this as being insecure about the care you enjoy

Not everybody has the same likes and dislikes, and having to find something negative to say about their opinion brings you down.
WTF are you ranting about again? You honestly think I would be "defending" a poser car?

You don't like me - I could do without you, but trying to take evry opportunity to "prove my insecurities" etc gets old.

Read my reply again - then go read any other reply I have with regard to any god-damn test of the Vert, base-coupe or even Z51, Vette against any other car - simply put I always ask Why fucking bother" - the Vert, coupe and Z51 are for all intents and purposes, hairdresser poser cars - not unlike the SLK.

I am in no means "crying" about what they said - I could frankly not give a fuck - if I got my way there would not be a Vert, Coupe Z51 or even an automatic transmission Corvetee.. - i drive a Z06 because that's the ONLY C5 model that even remotely comes close to what i enjoy in a car.

High grip, arse-kicking power, great handling, low weight and manual transmission for a low price.

Thats why I laugh at the tester, his video and any one who watches it gloating at the Vettes performance - because only a stupid fucker would have expected anything less - let's repeat the vert, base coupe and even Z51 Vette is just a hairdreeser poser chick car - and pretending it's not is rather stupid.

Its designed to sell a lot, be easy to use and fulfill a need until the driver/poser graduates on to Boxters and SLK's
Old 02-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
Shinigami
Regular User

Hit a nerve, did I? And you didn't explain the rice cooler part, now did you :roll:
Old 02-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #10
TNT
Regular User

am i going to have to get the spray bottle. down boys :roll:

but yes the BMI due favor honda, JDM power houses, and some select few German cars. they don't really like Ferraris, Lambos, etc. that is why you never/rarly see them tested.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Hit a nerve, did I? And you didn't explain the rice cooler part, now did you :roll:
What nerve?

You just irritate me - period.
I often avoid threads to save from reading your replies

The point which you often miss - is that what ever the results of "a STOCK COUPE, VERT or EVEN Z51 Corvette vs" test are of NO INTEREST TO ME.

PERIOD.

The car is a dumbed down high volume seller for the masses.

So when I see people gloating over a "anything vs STOCK BASE VERT, COUPE or Z51 Corvette" article etc I take the time to ask them what else did they expect? AFter all the ONLY reason they are gloating is because it's yet another validaiton of their belief that all american cars suck.

It's your way of having an "in your face told you so" moment. BUt it's lost on me - because I ALREADY DON'T LIKE the VERT, COUP or Z51 Vettes... they ARE DUMBED DOWN cars.

There is a reason why the C5 Z06 and the C6 Z06 were created - to cater for a DIFFERENT type of driver.

So again - you got no mileage out fo the "see a base Vette sucks" attitude - because I and many others agree - which is why we don't drive them.

Of course once do some tweaking on the base coupe, vert or Z51 you can create a GT3RS beating car - but you wouldn't believe that anyway, so let's not go there.

So - again to clarify....

I don't care for Vette Verts, autos, Coupes or the Z51 optioned cars - they are too poofta poser for me - so you won't get any "Corvette is king" defense from me with regard to those cars.

Any other comments about how badly the Z06 sucks we know are bullshit so no worries either.

Perhpas YOU as a consumate poser measure yourself by your "Mercedes benz AMG" and as such project the same onto others - however not all of us are like that.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
Shinigami
Regular User

Hey, just chill down man. I'm not the kind of person to call the vette a shitty car. I have never said this.

If another source (and by source, I mean an independent review on a forum, website or even a professional review on tv or a magazine) mentiones a car as being poor (or good for that matter), I only take it with a grain of salt.

I believe in having a chance to drive the car to be able to make up my mind. Some people like heavier steering, others like a lighter clutch, and we all know they're trademarks for different automakers. This is why even if a car is ranked as great by one person, it might not fit the description of a "good drive" for someone else.

I've seen numerous vettes and I've sat in them as well, but they havne't touched me in a way which makes me giddy (maybe if I drove one, who knows... there's on on sale a few km's from my house, I just might go for a test drive), and as a personal observation, I quite simply think the interior in my SLK is way above any vette I've been in.

Also, I'm very keen to see engine modifications, be it a Japanese vehicle, an American one, or European, but why call me a poser just because of the car I drive? I was going to buy a 3.5 liter SLK because I like the looks, but the AMG felt great due to the power, and so I bought it. I'd have gone with a manual, and the SLK is a car "I" like because the roof technology is a gadget I'm fond of. I work in IT and these things just touch me in a special way. But calling me poser just because I drive a certain car is just... well... lame.

But I don't let it trouble my mind any more then this.

I understand you like the aspect of the vette due to the cheap way you can go about pumping out incredible gobs of power. I really like that as well, but alas, this is not something which can be done with a lot of ease over here. So yes, there are some advantages to living in the states if you wanna scare off the women and children.

But you seem to defend the: "Any other comments about how badly the Z06 sucks we know are bullshit" to such a degree that if someone says that the car sucks, you resort to cheap attacks such as "sushi cooler" (which I still have no idea what it could possibly mean).
Old 02-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

But you seem to defend the: "Any other comments about how badly the Z06 sucks we know are bullshit" to such a degree that if someone says that the car sucks,
If the comment/comparison is coming in context, stock Z06 vs stock "something else" and being made by someone who owns, drives or tests both (like the guy with the GT3 and the Z06 in the garage) I take the comments seriously and listen -- but whn it's just fan boys(I am NOT saying you are one) spouting off at the mouth then I do call bullshit and shoot it down - because MOST people just hate the Vette period - then they join in JC's opinion and they think the base coupe they see in a badly presented BMI or TG show is representativbe of the "other" Corvette as well - which is not true.

The base car is kinda rubbery, dumbed down, looser and slower. It was made like that on purpose to appeal to certain kinds of drivers.

The HUGE difference between the base Vette and the Z06 - both C5 and C6 is just unimaginable - but people base their opinions on video games and TV - and then spout shit.

Shit I don't/won't stand for - why should incorrect info be tolerated? Opinionjs are one thing - and you can't change them - but you can show how they were based on a misunderstanding ot incorrect info.

Especially the "its american and vette therefore must suck". I am not a Z06 fan boy - I know it has a number of weeknesses and shortcomings - but people never call out the REAL shortcomings and weaknesses - they just accept that is must suck because it's american and a vette.

You see the same attitude to the Viper and lesser extent the Ford GT - yet the same audience are complete Ferrari fan-boys and simply accept "the next ferrari will be god" - period - no possibility of anything else being even close.

So - in summary - all the above attitude is often poured out in a single "hahah see the vette sucks" style presentation - and when it is in context of the coupe and vert I actually agree

But we are off topic now - the real point is that taking a Boxster S down a steep twisty drive way and then laughing at a Vett Coupe trying to keep up - is well stupid, as we could have told him before he started it would be no fun.

So no surprise there.

you resort to cheap attacks such as "sushi cooler" (which I still have no idea what it could possibly mean).
Cheap attack? -- umh - he is japanes, it's a japanese test - I don't understand the language - I see him say something, laugh and point at a jap car, say something else... and point at the Vette ....... the entire presentaiton was so out of context and in a foreign language he could just as wasily have been saying "man there is no sushi cooler" -- it was a joke - a comedic interjection - that maybe the real reason the japanese guy didn't like the car was because it didn't have a sushi cooler

It wasn't a comment intended to deride the japanese nation or rascistly attack and demean all people of japanese decent and heritage or in any way attempt to proote the idea that steroetypically all japoanese people eat raw fish and act in karate movies.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
Shinigami
Regular User

ok, ok, I see what you mean and I'm not going to take that any further.

Yes, I am not very fond of the kind of remarks that some people make as well, and it happens a lot to us "MB owners" as well...

I've said it a lot, that one should be happy with the car they own. If they're not, move on. And you can bet that I will drive a Z06 one day (soon, I hope), because I want to see what it's all about.

I don't know if I'll veer off from the MB path (or any other path for that matter... whatever they may be), and I for one am very fond of the viper look (not the new version, the older one looked better with the HUGE engine cover that swung up), but not all countries make it possible to create 1000hp vehicles (or even make it possible to drive them on the roads... sadly).
Old 02-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Yes, I am not very fond of the kind of remarks that some people make as well, and it happens a lot to us "MB owners" as well...
Exactly - we have more in common than you think

Why do you think I say "The SLK is a chicks poser car" because I know it's a stereotype that enthusisat MB owners dislike (my friend ownes a 2003 SL500 for a year and I loved that car - don't let the other people know this )

The AMG SLK might look kinda like the SLK200 - but they are not even the same car .. are they?