Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 11-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #91
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Nice, but needs to be louder.....get a full turbo-back exhaust and retune (pops!!).
i was thinkin on just getting the cobb accesport... because i still want warranty s i could always just swap the downpipe and unmarry the AP and it will be all ok...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:34 AM   #92
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

she sure sounds good 8) ..so much more fun driving a car that you can hear

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #93
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok
i havent posted here in a while but i have some god news...
I just bought the COBB AP which should give like 25 hp (ECU), i just got a front lip, and the WRX spoiler (looks less ricerish...) I have only installed the wing since i got that first, i will post pictures of the car with the lip once i get it installed...
here are the pics:

i need help form you guys though...
after seing this picture: http://images23.fotki.com/v806/photo...180copy-vi.jpg
it made me want to go back to the STi wing...
do you gys like the ti or the wrx better?
I cant decide which is better... sometimes i like the wrx sometimes i like the sti...
help please?...
thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #94
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok i decided to take a couple more pics of the car, the pictures are not very good.... but whatever...

I also posted a pic of my interior becuase for my birthday i got cool stuff:

kenwood in dash 7 inch dvd/gps
new sti ra-r shift knob, and the matching seat colors in the shift boot...
just a couple touches that really made the interior much nicer...

oh and just a pic of my dads new DD...
Old 06-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #95
obdr
Regular User

Whew, I read your post at the top of this page saying you had some "god news" and I though BMWm606 must have got himself a new user name. ROFLMAO!.

Anyway, thats a NICE sti. I was thinking about getting an STI for awhile before I got into motorcycles instead and I gotta say: Switching out for the WRX spoiler is exactly what I woulda done. It looks alot better then the stock STI one IMO.
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #96
oscargarza88
Regular User

dani:
at first i used to think that it looked really weird... but just the fact that it wasnt the bige one i guess was enough to make me happy... it grew on me though... buit sometimes it still looks kinda weird...

obdr=
thanks!
so its 50/50 so far haha

once i get the v-limited installed it going to look soo much better!
and i cant wait to install the Accessport! the car is so fast already!
thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #97
T-Bird
Regular User

The cobb tuner is a nice improvement overstock.I hadmy hands on an 05 all last week and I installed that along with some other parts and new plugs and definitely noticed a difference especially with the SPT intake installed.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #98
dingo
Regular User

Stick with the STi wing - the Evos and STis can get away with such big wings because they are factory fitted and can back it up with great performance!
Old 06-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #99
oscargarza88
Regular User

t-bird-
How much hp difference did it make? and about the spc intake, i had the K&N short ram (almost the same thing), but it actually made the car slower in the lower revs and gave more in the hhigher ones... jkinda like more turbo lag... so i took it off and just put a drop in and it workd perfect...

dingo-
I know it serves a purpose... not drastic but it does... so does the WRX wing though...
It takes 5 mins to change so ill just change it whenever i want and see how it looks...

thanks for the opinions though...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #100
oscargarza88
Regular User

another easy DIY mod i did,

if someone doesnt know why, the impreza ra-r has that red line thing and i didnt do it to look like that car, it just looks good i think...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 PM   #101
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
t-bird-
How much hp difference did it make? and about the spc intake, i had the K&N short ram (almost the same thing), but it actually made the car slower in the lower revs and gave more in the hhigher ones... jkinda like more turbo lag... so i took it off and just put a drop in and it workd perfect...

dingo-
I know it serves a purpose... not drastic but it does... so does the WRX wing though...
It takes 5 mins to change so ill just change it whenever i want and see how it looks...

I'm not sure of the actual difference but it was noticeable. On the STi's they are always slower with mods until you tune the car for them exhaust and intakes will make the car slower for some reason but put the intake back on and tell your programmer that you have one and it will make a difference.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:42 AM   #102
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
t-bird-

dingo-

I'm not sure of the actual difference but it was noticeable. On the STi's they are always slower with mods until you tune the car for them exhaust and intakes will make the car slower for some reason but put the intake back on and tell your programmer that you have one and it will make a difference.
I alreado sold it... ops:
but the drop in should help nontheless...
I will install it on monday and i will update...
thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #103
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok i installed the AP yesturday, so im Stage 1 now
The difference is not crazy but it is defenetllly noticable...
at first it feels much more responsive, and i can specially tell the difference wheni gas in during turns, it pulls out of them so nice i just wish i had more places to drive to, everythign is so close here! haha
The lip, i had a little problem installing it so i am going to wait for my friend to get back so he can help...

I plan on buying a new camara soon so i will take vids of the car as soon as i get one.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #104
bogend
Regular User

Get the sti wing back on!! It looks amazing especially in black!!

What about putting some comparison photos up and take a vote? End of the day, the sti wing is defintely going to win!!
bogend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #105
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok guys so here's an update... as expected i's still u[grading my STI...
First of all i put the sti wing back on and sold the WRX wing to get some extra $$ (will post pics later)...
2nd,i cleared my headlights and painted the inside black, it flows with the car much better!
3rd, i painted my center console black, like the RA-R, it actually looks much better, specially with my double din navi...
4th, and the best is that i got front and rear Whiteline Sway Bars. 22-24-26 mm in the rear and 27-29mm in the front! it handles so much better! the car is much stiffer in turn in and throughout the turn!

I went autocrossing last sunday and it was amazing, the sways and the michelins ps2's were a incredible combination, the car handles very very good... the lack of a skilled driver was what kept me from getting better times...
anywyas i will post some pics and videos of the auto-in in a couple of mins, i'm uploading them as i type this...
comments are much appreciated..
thank!