Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #61
GTO
Regular User

Thanks for teh VId and the pics f1legend!

I used to love the Zonda but after seeing it pwned by the XJ 220 on Top gear I'm not that amazed by it anymore
Old 06-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #62
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by GTO

I used to love the Zonda but after seeing it pwned by the XJ 220 on Top gear I'm not that amazed by it anymore
?? It never got pwned by the XJ220, what are u talking about. The XJ220 has huge turbo lag, worst brakes in the world, family sedan like handling when compared to the Zonda. Clarkson say it beats the Zonda only becoz it got higher topspeed and better acceleration (in full boost)
Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #63
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Originally Posted by GTO

?? It never got pwned by the XJ220, what are u talking about. The XJ220 has huge turbo lag, worst brakes in the world, family sedan like handling when compared to the Zonda. Clarkson say it beats the Zonda only becoz it got higher topspeed and better acceleration (in full boost)
I would say it did get pwned, watch the video again. This was obviously just a drag race but the Zonda was blown away, though around a track I assume it might be a different story.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #64
chest3r
Regular User

What a sound ...... It's on my Top4 of the best sounding cars.

I hope it will sound so good as it seems in the video 8)
Old 06-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #65
supertouring
Regular User

I wan't to see and hear some more please
supertouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:54 AM   #66
mv
Regular User

The Zonda did lose that drag race but that was just because they had managed a better launch with the Jag. I reckon the Zonda was driven by Clarkson or May whereas the Jag was driven by the Stig.

Stats wise, they should go neck and neck or zonda should be even faster. What's more I wouldn't put my money on the Jag just because Clarkson says it's faster since he also says Enzo is an F60 beyond other rubbish. :roll:
Old 06-03-2005, 06:11 AM   #67
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
The Zonda did lose that drag race but that was just because they had managed a better launch with the Jag......
I don't think thats the case, as i just watched the video again and the cars are neck and neck until about the halfway point - so it must have launched ok.
I am suprised at the result a little though, the Zonda weighs about 200kg less and has a bit more power so it should trounce the Jag. Clarkson commented that the Jags aerodynamic shape and torque are what won it the race......
Old 06-03-2005, 07:32 AM   #68
f1legend
Regular User

The Zonda has a lot more torque. And the effect of aerodynamics have an influence only above 80 mph. What I believe made the difference is grip. When we took the ride in the Zonda, the test driver showed us, that the car had wheelspin in third gear!! So actually the huge torque isn't the best for a rapid getaway, unless you know the car very well and know how to get the best results out of it.
f1legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #69
StanAE86
Regular User

Is that drag race in the Vault? I didn't see it before, I don't think. I'm surprised at what I'm reading....I thought I remember JC reviewing the XJ220 and saying it had turbo lag like crazy...?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #70
dingo
Regular User

The Zonda v XJ220 race is part of JC's latest DVD called Hot Metal
Old 06-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #71
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

well i dont take top gear drag races too seriously. they did have a stock C6 lose to a stock NSX in a 1/2 mile drag race :roll:
Old 06-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #72
Vansquish
Regular User

OK...from the stats department, the Jag should be a nose ahead at 60mph. The XJ220's official 0-60 time was 3.6seconds. The Zonda on the other hand has an official time of 3.7. The Jag's aerodynamics should only really help it at speeds higher than 60, as drag is a velocity-related quantity. The XJ220 probably beat the Zonda because (if memory serves) it has larger rear tires and only 5 gears instead of 6. Thus, perhaps 1 less gearshift was necessary in the process of getting to 60mph.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote