Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 06-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
evoWalo
Regular User

Default XP boots up to splash screen then my monitor goes blank

I removed a hard drive from my computer of late and since then it boots up to the XP splash screen then my monitor idles and blanks out. No matter how many times i move the mouse or press keyboard buttons it blanks out
Old 06-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

I hear Mac's are the answer
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Very helpful response :roll:
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
And your's was Einsteinian I suppose? <- I think the term you are looking for is "grudge" - It sure seems like you are holding one.

But lets think about the OP's question.

Have you tried to remotely connect to the PC to be sur eit is still running?

Is it possible that when you removed the drive, you forgot to flag the bios to support the new hardware setup?

Is it possible that wehn you removed th ehard drive, the video adapter got assigned a new hardware address and now XP is "blind"?

Is it possible that you have inadvertantly reset your video parameters to settings your monitor doesnt support?

Have you tried to boot to an XP install CD to validate your install is still good?

WHat type of PC? Laptop? Clone desktop?

See - gangajas, there are many more bits of info needed befor esomeone can be helped.. so my original asnwer was as helpful as the original poster.

But you coul dnot see that - all you saw was my user ID and you saw red and got angry... that seems to be your standard response lately
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^
Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
evoWalo
Regular User

i can access all shared folders and drives with no problem.

i did set the bios to boot off the drive with the windows folder.

i got only one agp port to play with.

the video port was set to 1366x768 for the LCD TV. i think that may be the reason it doesnt show up anymore. will hook up the PC to the LCD TV again and reset the video to something lower like 1024x768.

RC45 thanks for the help. That question about the video card made sense as to why the video dissapeared.
Have you tried to remotely connect to the PC to be sur eit is still running?

Is it possible that when you removed the drive, you forgot to flag the bios to support the new hardware setup?

Is it possible that wehn you removed th ehard drive, the video adapter got assigned a new hardware address and now XP is "blind"?

Is it possible that you have inadvertantly reset your video parameters to settings your monitor doesnt support?

Have you tried to boot to an XP install CD to validate your install is still good?

WHat type of PC? Laptop? Clone desktop?

See - gangajas, there are many more bits of info needed befor esomeone can be helped.. so my original asnwer was as helpful as the original poster.

But you coul dnot see that - all you saw was my user ID and you saw red and got angry... that seems to be your standard response lately
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
And your's was Einsteinian I suppose? <- I think the term you are looking for is "grudge" - It sure seems like you are holding one.

But lets think about the OP's question.

Well at least his response actually got you to help the Flip in need.

Some pretty sweet troubleshooting skillz you got there RC...
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
evoWalo
Regular User

Hmmm i tried reattaching the PC to the LCD TV and the same problem happens again. I unplugged all the drives except the one with Windows loaded on it.

I dunno how to set my SATA / Windows drive as my Primary master rather than Third Master.

gangajas: RC45's response is an "in joke". To the outside observer it may be rude but it's more like a "Friends" or "Seinfeld" joke.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #9
saadie
Regular User

just frickin backup your data on some other hard drive . re install windows ...

Old 06-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #10
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Have any other video cards you can try out? Windows will go back to default video drivers (which work with any video card/monitor combination) if you plug in a video card that doesn't have the drivers installed.

Do you have a regular PC monitor? Try that instead of these LCD TV's.