Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #1
inso
Regular User

Default EVO #103

Planet evo
As if the Zonda F isn’t quite fast enough we’ve got news of an even more super duper model from the small Italian manufacturer. There are also pictures of the new Peugeot 207 GTi and some new trackday things in essentials. Oh and Jethro’s made an announcement. Condemned man…

Driven
Mercedes-Benz SLR 722, Opel GT Roadster,Hyundai Coupe SIII 2.7 V6 Auto, Nissan 350Z, Peugeot 207 CC, Toyota Auris, Toyota Yaris SR, Renault Clio 138

New BMW M3 Concept Car
It’s got a high-revving V8, a carbonfibre roof and interesting wing mirrors. You can ignore the ‘Concept Car’ title too. Still want that RS4?

New Maserati GranTurismo
It’s gorgeous as only an Italian car can be and it promises to be the new best way to devour a continent in one fell swoop. Still want that Continental GT?

New Lamborghini Superleggera
Lighter, faster, stronger. Fixed rear wing and carbon dripping from every orifice. The Lamborghini Gallardo has just got hardcore. Still want that F430?

Mitsubishi Evo IX MR to the Swedish Rally
Jethro Bovingdon drove all the way to Sweden to chase the WRC boys and play around in the snow with the ultimate Evo IX. Game on…

Rally Aston
Seems a bit like cross-country running in your loafers, but an Aston Martin rally car is an intriguing prospect, so we dispatched Richard Meaden to a big country estate to have a go

Weird Rally Cars
Aston isn’t the first company to create a slightly improbable spectacle on a Special Stage. Here we look back at some of the oddest cars to wear knobbly tyres

Porsche GT3 road test
If we hadn’t lured motoring editor Barker out of it with a Jaffa Cake and a roll-up then he’d still be in it now. This is a very very good car and it does some very very impressive figures

9ff Turbo
Balls the size of Belgrade? GT3 a bit tame for you? How about a couple of 911 Turbos with a combined output of over 1200bhp? Roger Green’s our man with XXL on his underpants

Maxing a Vauxhall Monaro VXR500
Will the rain ever stop? Will the traffic ever clear? Will it hit 200mph? John Barker goes in search of some answers on the German autobahn

Long-term tests
Richard Meaden has managed to convince Harry to let him keep the Panda 100HP (we think they could be starting a breeding programme), the RS4 has been dicing with runaway lorries, and Simon George has found a fellow winter Lambo driver

The Knowledge
The Radical is there in all its marginal-road- car glory at the top of the lap-times table. Any complaints to [email protected]

Icon: Countach
Did you ever have an Athena poster of the Countach on your wall? No, neither did I. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t an Icon. Ian Eveleigh tells us all about it
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
martin100
Regular User

So many great articles in this issue :shock: The 9ff one seems amazing! Please give us scans when its released
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
TopGearNL
Regular User

Damn this is going to be a great and stuffed mag of Evo, so many great articles!

Yeah that 9ff sounds insane, can't wait for scans!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
frodefe
Regular User

This sounds like a keeper - I'm of to the magazine store
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

I have a subscription but I'm still waiting for my copy. Does anyone have the same problem?

I hope it arrived today (at work now)
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
inso
Regular User

My issue arrived today, nice read, especially the gt3 article.

Amazing that it dynoed 429hp and also the torq was up.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
I have a subscription but I'm still waiting for my copy. Does anyone have the same problem?

I hope it arrived today (at work now)
I checked today, still nothing. Anyone did anyone else encounter this problem?
If so, how do you file a complaint? (not legally, I just want a copy)
Old 03-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
1zippo1
Regular User

For the record, I've mailed a complaint and the next day I got my issue.

So good service