Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-18-2004, 03:37 PM   #61
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Originally Posted by topgeartom
Alright, considered that, and IMHO the european cars would walk all over the yank tank. I think that possibly the Audi would come out on top.

Again though, it all depends which market me are talking about here. I'm sure in the good 'ol US of A, you would go mad for the chrysler just because it had the little 'hemi' badge on it, plus it's got all that drag racing heritage.

In Europe though, we'd all go for the german exec-mobiles.

Tom
You do know the E-class and Chrysler 300 share the same platform - don't you?

Yep, from the previous model :roll:
Wow - so all of a sudden that E-class platform is crap because someone else is using it... :roll: -- whatever...

No you idiot, its still a very good platform, but its not the new one...mmm I think there would be a little difference :roll:

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #62
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
OK but the base E320(new) is $10,000 more than a loaded 300C so let's choose one here.

Easy choice.................the E320 of course :roll: , I think the $10.000 is justified, the finishing touch and built quality is far more better.(and ok maybe also a bit for the image)

Blaire is a figleaf

damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Old 06-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #63
T-Bird
Regular User

you never know it's probably very similar and the Engine in the 300C is way better than the cheapest E class (which as I stated is $10k more than the loaded Chrysler)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #64
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
you never know it's probably very similar and the Engine in the 300C is way better than the cheapest E class (which as I stated is $10k more than the loaded Chrysler)

Better??? I don't know about that. Don't forget reliability.

You ever wonder why there is a price difference :roll:

Blaire is a figleaf

Old 06-18-2004, 03:49 PM   #65
T-Bird
Regular User

Import prices and the name of the company that makes the car that's what you pay for... you have no idea if it's reliable or not the car is still fairly new to the market but if the car was mostly developed with the help of Mercedes Benz it should be reliable and if it isn't you could blame it all on Mercedes. I think the car's engine IS better it's bigger and that makes it better.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:50 PM   #66
RC45
Regular User

Alright, considered that, and IMHO the european cars would walk all over the yank tank. I think that possibly the Audi would come out on top.

Again though, it all depends which market me are talking about here. I'm sure in the good 'ol US of A, you would go mad for the chrysler just because it had the little 'hemi' badge on it, plus it's got all that drag racing heritage.

Tom

Wow - so all of a sudden that E-class platform is crap because someone else is using it... :roll: -- whatever...

No you idiot, its still a very good platform, but its not the new one...mmm I think there would be a little difference :roll:
So now I am the idiot yet you think the 300C is a "crappy yank tank" yet it's build on you precious E-class platform.

So which is it euro-boy? Good or bad? You can't have it both ways. Unless that's your style - taking it both ways.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #67
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I think the car's engine IS better it's bigger and that makes it better.

And there's your typical American thinking..... :roll:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:05 PM   #68
amanthapar
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnowboarderTom
topgeartom: that makes no sense. The STS would never ever be compared to the7-series. How about you take the new Chrysler 300 Hemi vs. the E-Class (of your choice) and the 5-Series (0f your choice again). Oh yeah, throw in an Audi A8 at the same time..

Tom
r u crazy audi wouldnt come out on top... either merc or bmw
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:39 PM   #69
fireguy
Regular User

i've always owned earupean cars because they are better made and i don't mind paying the premium.....american cars are the best value for the money

about the handling, american cars are catching up but fot the average driver i think a eaurpean sports car is the safest bet for going fast around a track without killing yourself..........in professional racing however it's a different story....the racing version vipers and c5r's have, for a long time, owned the circuits and reigned supreme over their european counterparts (and yes, even ferrari - ALMS).
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:30 PM   #70
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Tom

So now I am the idiot yet you think the 300C is a "crappy yank tank" yet it's build on you precious E-class platform.

So which is it euro-boy? Good or bad? You can't have it both ways. Unless that's your style - taking it both ways.

Hahahahahaha, your ingnorance makes me laugh, stop playing stupid tricks, silly old bitch.

Now read this carefully: NEW platform IS better than PREVIOUS platform.

Comprendé now, understand you this good, or no very good :roll:

Blaire is a figleaf

Old 06-18-2004, 05:31 PM   #71
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by fireguy
i've always owned earupean cars because they are better made and i don't mind paying the premium.....american cars are the best value for the money

about the handling, american cars are catching up but fot the average driver i think a eaurpean sports car is the safest bet for going fast around a track without killing yourself..........in professional racing however it's a different story....the racing version vipers and c5r's have, for a long time, owned the circuits and reigned supreme over their european counterparts (and yes, even ferrari - ALMS).
Thank, you.

Someone more literate and with a better knack for typing has finally got my point across.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:18 PM   #72
BaseRSX

I live in KC where we have a ford and a GM plant. I can say that it is mostly true that American cars were never meant for cornering. The one car I wonder about is the Pontiac Fiero, the only “everyday person’s” mid-engine ever made from an American car company. Wouldn’t it be cool if Pontiac came out with an all new Fiero?!?!

And why not? The market would be great! After all Ford just brought the Elise here!
BaseRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 08:34 PM   #73
graywolf624
Regular User

After all Ford just brought the Elise here!
Ford, elise? Uhh.. no..

GM has a tighter tie with lotus then ford does. GM use to own lotus and is the key buyer of their products with the vauxhall and opel brands.

The one car I wonder about is the Pontiac Fiero, the only “everyday person’s” mid-engine ever made from an American car company
It wasnt that great.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #74
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Ford, elise? Uhh.. no..

GM has a tighter tie with lotus then ford does. GM use to own lotus and is the key buyer of their products with the vauxhall and opel brands.

The one car I wonder about is the Pontiac Fiero, the only “everyday person’s” mid-engine ever made from an American car company
It wasnt that great.
Go to his new topic on that one... http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=182699#182699
Old 06-18-2004, 09:11 PM   #75
BaseRSX

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Ford, elise? Uhh.. no..

It wasnt that great.
What? On Top Gear they did a whole thing about how the Elise was developed by Ford to mimic the looks of the classic GT40!! That was before the “New GT40”! And if you look at the Elise next to the GT40 you see exactly what they are talking about. You are trying to say the Elise is more of a GM product!?? WTF??
BaseRSX is offline   Reply With Quote