Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 09-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #16
topgeartom
Regular User

This package claims to give 171bhp but like i thought it involves a sports 4-2-1 manifold and a decat, as well as the zorst and filter.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=222
Old 09-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
This package claims to give 171bhp but like i thought it involves a sports 4-2-1 manifold and a decat, as well as the zorst and filter.

Well you have proved im thickk and your smart infront of everyone here at JW. Hope your happy

Well thats the pakage I meant
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite

Well you have proved im thickk and your smart infront of everyone here at JW. Hope your happy

Well thats the pakage I meant
Hahaha, you must just be having a down day dude I get stuff mixed up all the time.

Ive been hanging round the cliosport forums a lot recently and the guys on there never shut up about performance mods and figures and all that jazz, so it just struck me when you first said 21bhp from a exhaust system alone.

Seriously though dude, i wont bother too much with the filter, ive learned from my own experience that if its performance your after go with a performance panel filter rather than a cone like a K&N 57i.

Whatever it takes that thing will fly with 170bhp. Should sound awesome as well dude.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #19
gis
Regular User

from what i was told the filter on this package IS a panel filter and this kit works wonders for the feel of the car as the exhaust on the ST is apparently holding back on the power so it doesnt match or even beat the focus ST170,i think the ST engine is a focus ST170 unit with the exhaust holding back its power for the fiesta.....or am i wrong? seems strange that this kit frees up the power to what a stock focus ST170 has

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #20
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
from what i was told the filter on this package IS a panel filter and this kit works wonders for the feel of the car as the exhaust on the ST is apparently holding back on the power so it doesnt match or even beat the focus ST170,i think the ST engine is a focus ST170 unit with the exhaust holding back its power for the fiesta.....or am i wrong? seems strange that this kit frees up the power to what a stock focus ST170 has
I imagine theres a lot of truth in that, ford isnt going to shit in its own handbag by having a cheaper car go faster than a bigger model. 20 BHP from a manifold, system and a decat is a huge jump for the standard power of the car - shows how restrictive the old system must be.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #21
gis
Regular User

some cars filter and exhaust systems are very restrictive,a guy in my town had a civic type R with an AEM intake and full exhaust and decat and he saw 227hp so nearly 30hp increase over stock,and i heard the ST is the same with its exhaust system,whetehr he gets 171hp or not he needs the exhaust and manifold as it will sound the dogs danglys

Old 09-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #22
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
some cars filter and exhaust systems are very restrictive,a guy in my town had a civic type R with an AEM intake and full exhaust and decat and he saw 227hp so nearly 30hp increase over stock,and i heard the ST is the same with its exhaust system,whetehr he gets 171hp or not he needs the exhaust and manifold as it will sound the dogs danglys
The exhaust will no doubt sound the bees bollocks and the manifold will look the nuts no doubt - DAGGERNITE - BIN YOUR HEATSHIELD!!! You cant go buy a shiny aluminium manifold and not have that showing!!!

I say you get a huuuge loan and have the thing running ITBs - ooof.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:31 AM   #23
TT
Regular User

Nice sky, nice car, nics pics :good: have fun, be safe!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:49 AM   #24
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
The exhaust will no doubt sound the bees bollocks and the manifold will look the nuts no doubt - DAGGERNITE - BIN YOUR HEATSHIELD!!! You cant go buy a shiny aluminium manifold and not have that showing!!!

yea the manifold looks amazing,i can get the same kit for my fiesta that Daggernite can get for his ST but i dont think it gains 21hp on mine,i think about 10-15hp on my ZS,but that isnt what Daggernite wants me to do to my car.....is it,lol

the ITB idea would be great,but costs a fair bit,theres a guy who done that to his ZS plus a lot of other stuff and is runnin 230hp.

but when Daggernite has got used to his new ST the 171hp kit is definately the way forward for him to take it to the next level and for just over £700 i think it is,he cant go wrong for a 21hp increase

Old 09-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #25
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
Originally Posted by gis

yea the manifold looks amazing,i can get the same kit for my fiesta that Daggernite can get for his ST but i dont think it gains 21hp on mine,i think about 10-15hp on my ZS,but that isnt what Daggernite wants me to do to my car.....is it,lol

the ITB idea would be great,but costs a fair bit,theres a guy who done that to his ZS plus a lot of other stuff and is runnin 230hp.

but when Daggernite has got used to his new ST the 171hp kit is definately the way forward for him to take it to the next level and for just over £700 i think it is,he cant go wrong for a 21hp increase
Absolutely, in terms of £ per HP its a cracking increase, you usually have to be well into 4 figures to get those sort of gains.

And what does Daggernite want you to do to your car then gis?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #26
gis
Regular User

lol a racing puma spec 1.7 litre.he shouts at me to make me do it

Old 09-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #27
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
DOOOO ITTTT!!!!

THINK OF THOSE ARCHES AND THE POWERRRR
Old 09-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #28
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
DOOOO ITTTT!!!!

THINK OF THOSE ARCHES AND THE POWERRRR
No no no, I dont shout at him to get a racing puma, I shout at him to get a engine swap with the 1.7. But either way, if GIS wants to buy a FRP instead thats fine.

ohhh the arches
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #29
TransAm
Regular User

Nice car Daggernite! Sounds great as well.

I considered a Fiesta ST but settled on the Fabia VRS in the end.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #30
TT
Regular User

Daggernite, do you remember that max signature width allowed on JW is 600 pixel, don't you?