Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion > Episode Discussion

Old 11-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default 5th Gear - S10 EP13 - 18th December, 2006 - Discussion

This week’s sees the end of the series of Five’s motoring show. The team hand out the awards for the best cars they’ve driven during 2006, and announce the overall winner; Tiff Needell drives the T-Rex, a very fast three-wheeler; and Vicki Butler-Henderson takes ‘Dragon’s Den’ panellist Theo Paphitis for a drive in a very quick Mercedes saloon.

Today is Fifth Gear’s most important show of the year, as the team hand out the awards for the best small car, family car and fast car they’ve driven over the last 12 months. Then it is time for the moment of truth: which will be overall winner and scoop the prestigious Fifth Gear ‘Car of the Year’ accolade?

Also this week, Tiff Needell drives the T-Rex, a three-wheeler powered by a motorcycle engine and capable of supercar performance. As the weather turns increasingly foul and the puddles deepen, will Tiff be able to see where he is going and keep the little car on the track?

Finally, Vicki Butler-Henderson assesses the Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG, an executive saloon with real attitude. To help her reach a conclusion Vicki is joined by Theo Paphitis, multi-millionaire businessman and ‘Dragon’s Den’ panellist. He is used to travelling in the back of expensive cars, but not the way Vicki drives them...

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Should be nice to see Tiff in a T-Rex! I've always wonder if that thing could drift.
(It's just like that 3 wheel VW concept)
Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

T-Rex and S65, that is worth it
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

Is it me or that bitch always get the good car this season?

IMO, the last interesting review she'd done is the STi vs Forester STi bit.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Is it me or that bitch always get the good car this season?
I have a feeling that Tiff is going to quit the show soon. Both Tiff and Jason aren't that active this season... so it's all Vicki and that new guy... whatever his name it :roll:

Perhaps that's why they're doing the 5th gear idol thing, so they can get all new presenters and pay them peanut for doing the show...
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
TopGearNL
Regular User

I have a feeling that Tiff is going to quit the show soon. Both Tiff and Jason aren't that active this season... so it's all Vicki and that new guy... whatever his name it
I fear the same

His name is Lovejoy :fist:
Old 12-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
martin100
Regular User

S65 footage is rare. Can´t wait to see that feature though the 5$ whore presents it. The rest is lame as usual :roll:
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:09 AM   #8
vexor
Regular User

well, i've seen the episode and FG had a good "recepie" to make a decent episode but of course Fifth Gear being Fifth gear they managed to fuck it up.

The S65 feature was another one of those "lets give a powerfull car to a celeb who doesn't know how to drive" and the guy managed to destroy the car.

The T-rex feature was the only good part of the episode, good driving by Tiff and I never knew u can drift a 3 wheeled car. :bah:

and finally the awards, I won't say who won but for the "fast car of the year" award, well lets just say that one of the JW moderators will have a very Merry Christmas.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote