Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Milano-San Remo historic rally! 220+ vintage cars! Miuras!!!

Helo everybody! I was kinda away these days and even my website wasn't update as usually! And you know why? because at the very last moment I discovered about an interesting event and had to be there! it took place in Milano, Monza racetrack to be precise. I found out basically Wednesday thanks to a guy posting a picture and a car list on a french board. I quickly gathered infos, the event sounded interesting and 4 Miuras were announced. I almost decided, but it's still a 4 hours drive.. I contacted their press office just in case and I was informed there wouldn't be many ppl in Monza and that they could give me a press pass. So it was set. Less than 48 later I woke up at 3 am in the morning to be in Monza at 8 am! I arrived earler, at 7 am actually I can assure you it is surreal to be able to access the paddocks in the early morning.. it's like having access to a deserted Area 51 nobdoy around, the gate not fully open, you drive there.. for the ones that went there for a GP, you know how cool it is that park with all the small roads.. usually you walk there with 2 bilions other ppl while Friday morning I was all alone.. surreal, really! I actually arrived to early that only 3 members of the staff and some marshalls where there LOL!

Then ppl began to arrive, I realized pretty quickly that the event is BIG! The staff's fleet was something impressive! Around 40 new Alfa Romeos, several Brera, 159, 156 Q4, 147 GTA and on and on and on! Shit, it looked like a Tour de France!
Anyway, long story short, 240 cars attended, and beside the drivers and co-drivers there was fucking nobody! To be able to take pictures of a Miura in an empty carpark was a dream of mine, and I got them! I got also pics in an empty pitlane, which is another crazy thing! Sadly "only" 3 Miuras attended, but it was totally worth the effort!

So, some previews

95% of the cars in this picture

Some Alfas I never seen like this stunning 1900 Disco Volante

Or the 2000 Sportiva, 750 Competizione and 1750 Gran Sport here!

A must have picture for any photographer 300SL Gullwing with doors opened too me a while to have the car all alone

Old Bentley 4 Seater Tourer Le Mans.. and it came down to UK not on a trailer :good:

The first Jarama I saw in the metal, they did like 10 fast laps on track with no pause inbetween, impressive to see such oldies beeing driven so quickly on track in 2006

Espada coming from Russia!!!!!!! saw it on russian websites already and never dreamt to see it for real! The two ladies who came with the two guys in it were kinda hot and the brunette is in this picture

Rolls Silver Ghost Piccadilly roadster

Now if this isn't unreal!

Or this

Second Miura S, rare color

And the last Miura, SV

3.0 CSL!!

OOAK: Ferrari 250 GTE Polizia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Legendary car!

One of the most beautifull Maseratis EVER! Ghibli SS

Couple of Dinos

Just a single Daytona.. weird

BMW 328 Racing Sport, very lovely!

Aston DB Mark III

Nice Alvis (Speed 20 SD Van den Plas Sport Tourer)

I hope you'll enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them! Considering all the meetings I attended, one of the best ones IMO, on a legendary track, many rare cars, no public... I think it was probably just a dream

Oh and if in the next days you'll see my pics on supercars.net with no watermark, resized and with their addy on them, it's normal it's a collaboration and let's say I got compensation for this
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

I have to be honest, the old Alfa's don't really interest me at all.....but who cares there is enough other eye candy to please me.

Shame not more Ferraris turned up, but the Daytona itself is brilliant anyway.

The Miuras!!!!!!!!! What a great opportunity to take some fantastic photos of them, really a once in a lifetime thing it seems.

Well done on the photos and congrats for going to the effort of making the trip. :good:
Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
Wutputt
Regular User

Damn you had to get up really early for this event. But judging from the pics and the adrenaline in your write up, it sure was worth it!!

So many gorgeous cars all together without many ppl around them. It must have been a dream!

All pics look awesome, but there are a few who stand out from the crowd. Like the 300SL Gullwing with the opened doors, the slightly rotated rear view of the white 300SL convertible, the Dino pic with the driver waving, the 250 GTE Polizia 'portrait' pic, and the 365 GTB/4 Daytona in the pit lane.

But the pics that are most amazing, are the Miura ones. Maybe this is cause you just dig these cars so much, that you put 110% effort in snapping them into a pic My favs are the rear view of the Miura standing lonely in the pitlane, and the frontal pitlane view.

This is definitely one of your best updates ever! :good:
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
sikx5
Regular User

Wow what an event, TT thanks alot, Some great images, Esp the 300SL gullwing, good thing you captured it with no people, its a rare site by any occastion. It would be been heaven to hear these old machines roaring around!!

The Alfa pictures do it for me, far out :shock:
Old 03-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
Darkel
Regular User

You've been getting so many extraordinary opportunities lately, I'm becoming jealous dude

I recently started liking oldies (at least post 60s ones) and that set of pics is amazing, my favorite picture being this one :

I just captures the instant ...

Although you were saying you had some troubles with the focus I think it's not that bad

The miura (should I write muira ) is really sex on wheels, can't wait to see one outside a show room ...

Thanks a lot for the coverage, missing that event would've been terrible :good:
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
saadie
Regular User

TT :shock: !!
i cant even dream about being on such an even
those muira pics are just super ... they ozzes sex sex in a whole different way lol... im saving all of em .. :d .. say bye bye to your site's bandwidth hehe
infact all the pics are really really cool .. imo the weather is just perfect .. no big sun giving ugly reflections
thx alot for the pics TT 8)
Old 03-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #7
salegosse
Regular User

Well done Matteo ! 8)
Old 03-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
Schwalbe

Thanks TT for this very great vintage cars pictures set.

I understand your reactions guys when you see these extraordinary vintage cars, some are rarer to see than exotic cars of today. The Miura S is so sexy.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
stradale
Regular User

Great stuff! I was looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint!

So many beautiful cars in equally beautiful pictures, but for me the 2000 Sportiva took the title. It's so incredibly sexy! The Miuras were too, of course.

The 450S failed to show up? :cry:
Old 03-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

Yep Roland the 450S didn't show up

Thanks a lot guys! I am happy everybody likes the Miura pics, I am trying to spread the Miura-love all over the world to ppl not infected yet . Also, I think this is one of the best updates like some of yours, and thank God because it was also one of the most stressing trips I ever planned

Originally Posted by Wutputt
But the pics that are most amazing, are the Miura ones. Maybe this is cause you just dig these cars so much, that you put 110% effort in snapping them into a pic My favs are the rear view of the Miura standing lonely in the pitlane, and the frontal pitlane view.

This is definitely one of your best updates ever! :good:
Yes, I suppose that's why. Every time I stand beside a Miura I have shivers shaking my body and to take picture of it is such an opportunity... probably I put more effort into those pics and that's why I have 24 Miura pics (10%+ of the whole update). Every time I shoot I think "try to do it well, so when you'll look back at this picture in 20 years you'll still drool"

Originally Posted by sikx5
Wow what an event, TT thanks alot, Some great images, Esp the 300SL gullwing, good thing you captured it with no people, its a rare site by any occastion. It would be been heaven to hear these old machines roaring around!!

The Alfa pictures do it for me, far out :shock:
Hehe, it took many minutes to have the good shot. Owner and wife where dealing with bags and such, so they were always around it, plus other ppl coming by, cars passing between me and the 300SL... and in the original picture one pixel to the right there is a car, one pixel to the left a woman thank God you can always crop a picture like you want

Originally Posted by Darkel
I recently started liking oldies (at least post 60s ones)..
Sadly for you, this means you are getting old

Although you were saying you had some troubles with the focus I think it's not that bad
Yeh, luckily once resized the pics are ok, but there is definitely something wrong with the polarizer, I'll buy a new one :bah:

The miura (should I write muira )
:fuck:

Originally Posted by salegosse
Well done Matteo ! 8)
Waiting for your pics now
Old 03-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
chest3r
Regular User

WOW!!! What a great event !!!

I loved that BMW 3.0 CSL And all those old Ferraris are gorgeous !!! The 300SL's are really beautiful too!

Those Miura pictures are simply stunning, good job !!!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

Truely awesome collection of cars. I saw a bunch of the same Alfas at the Pebble Beach Concours and I think they are among the most elegant vintage and classic cars that one can buy.

The best car among the pics for me is jointly shared by the CSL and the Bentley Speed Six

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #13
a007apl
Regular User

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
komotar
Regular User

so I guess it was the right decision to go, heh? lol

Saved lots and lots of pics and the miura ones are trully breathtaking!

Thx for the excellent report Matteo 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #15
FPVPSI
Regular User

What a bunch of sweet cars...very rare to have such a collection a the same place at the same time...

I'm in love with the 300sl, the curves, the old school design...ohhh their great... ops: ...