Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
jon_s
Regular User

Default London sighting day! **all pics now up**

Well, finally, I had my camera with me while in London. I know, I am sorry it has taken so long!! However, I see London more as a place of work ops:

Some are better than others, some really are "shit....nice car....camera.....nearly" I have yet to develop the genuine JW skills 8)

[click for bigger pics as always]

They are all well known cars, so no need to insult you with their names...

Now for the rushed...OMG....QUICK!!!.... pics lol

Now, this one gets an award!! I got it purely from the noise it was making....I just pointed the camera in teh general direction...can you guess what it is...

jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
adamwich
Regular User

Very nice sightings! The last picture is so cool! 8)
Old 03-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
jon_s
Regular User

More to come...still uploading!!

p.s

The pic adamwich was taking about was the forst Diablo Pic
Old 03-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Wow, very nice!! I hope you'll hunt there more often and you'll see, skill comes with practice
Old 03-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
jon_s
Regular User

At least I get a thumbs up for one JW expert 0X

I will keep a camera with me from now on. I was on the London eye aswell, so keep an eye on the where you live section during the next week, there are some nice pics 8)
Old 03-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #6
No.1
Regular User

Nice 6.0 VT ... i've seen a few pics of that car before 8)

The Aston V8 Vantage (classic) reminds me of the volante i saw - it sounded awesome as he gunned it away from the toll both

The Cayman wheels look shite - i saw the same paint style on the CGT wheels and it looks horrid - stick with the multi spokes or standard 5-spokes

The AM Lagonda isn't going anywhere in a hurry - most likely the owner blocking it in methinks

Shame you missed the new RS4 - that's sure to be a rare sight at the moment... as well as the V8 Vantage - i dunno if it's just my area, but i've only seen one on the roads :roll:

Nice pics jon... whenever i've been in london there have been plenty of cars to spot. Looking forward to more pics soon.....

[EDIT] - what camera are you using? Is it a 350D, or do you have a compact?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
jon_s
Regular User

Cheers to (probably TT) who edited my post

edit - 350d LMAO; nope, I am using a Canon IXUS 40 ops:
Old 03-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

nice set jon

i have to say, its damn impressive to see one of the few GT's in all the UK (let alone all europe)

and i think theres a cirtain quality to your panic-panning shot of the Aston. i welcome your addition here
Old 03-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
jon_s
Regular User

LOL, I had been fiddling with the settings on the london eye, so everything was out for the panic shots. When the RS4 arrived the camera was on full Zoom and I was running backwards LMAO

p.s

The Cayman wheels look shite - i saw the same paint style on the CGT wheels and it looks horrid - stick with the multi spokes or standard 5-spokes Wink
I 100% agree!! The fact they looked so bad drew me towards them in the firsty place. Then I got bored of trying to get good shots through windows :roll:
Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
No.1
Regular User

I know an Ixus is nothing in comparison to a 350D, but i've got one and as a point-and-shoot it could be worse

The Ford GT is indeed a rare spot here - there was one for sale a few miles from me, same colour combo as the black/white stripes one you spotted - didn't go and see it as i'd already seen one at the motorshow :bah:
Old 03-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
ARMAN
Regular User

awsome sights Jon, thanx for posting amasing to see old astons driving around just like that

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #12
man430gt
Regular User

Nice Pics man, did the diablo and Ford GT Just happen to be at the same place at the same time? Thats a damn good combo btw :shock:
man430gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #13
chest3r
Regular User

Those old Aston Martin's are just great!! ( except the Lagonda obviously) They look like an old Mustang

That Diablo is, maybe, my favorite one. I don't really know wich is the version but it's great 8)

Those Cayman S red wheels are horrible!! :shock: Where they painted by Porsche or is an aftermarket job ??

The pics could be better but the cars are damn good!! Thanks a lot!!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #14
Schwalbe

Thanks Jon for this London sighting pictures set. The Lambo 6.0 VT you shot is simply awesome. Big LOL for the context of your RS4 picture, I understand this eagerness for the RS4 shot, because I will do similar in this situation.

We didn't see you often here at JW in February, I hope that all goes well for you buddy.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:34 AM   #15
yg60m
Regular User

Incredible cars you can see here ! I remember when I came to London 18 years ago : Rolls Royce, Bentleys, Porsches, BMW everywhere : Wonderland for me !
Thanks jon_s