Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default May 05 - Maserati Quattroporte V indepth

And here we are finally with the last car from that group test back in winter (Jaguar XKR and Audi RS6 Avant beeing the others)

And if this isn't the best one Sport GT front grille, Fuchs exhaust, amazing car! Too bad for the basic wheels, it still had winter tires :bah:

So, as I said already in the other topics probably, the Quattroporte feels MUCH faster thanks to the sporty gearbox setting and the inspiring soundtrack, but once on a stright line, it just can't much the sheer grunt of the other two which slightly leave the intalian star behind! it's kinda weird. Not a big difference, but really noticeable.
And you know what? You don't fucking care, because you know that beeing in the QP is MUCH better anyway.
I was passenger only, at the front and back, and it can be a proper limo if you want I especially like a little button at the back that allows you to move forward the front passenger seat, to have more leg room

I didn't drive it, but it was by far the best one as an experience. gearchanges even in normal mode are very sporty, probably too much for a cruiser like many pointed out, but for a day long testdrive you can't help but love it
When you are following it in another car you realize how much presence this Maserati has and you desire one.. badly!

Sadly all of this doesn't come cheap and the QP is much more expensive than the others, and probably less comfy as a faily drive you are looking for a long distance business cruiser. But once you want to have fun.. well, you're in the right car and the Maser will never fail at it

Definitely a beautifull car to shoot and that's why there are so many pics in this indepth compared to the usual 20 or so

Click any preview to be taken to the full 53 high-res pics update

Old 05-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Pehtren
Regular User

Brrrrr winter

This pic is far the coolest for me! http://www.swisscarsightings.com/mas...%20V%20316.jpg

I like the car it looks fantastic, the back reminds me on lancia modells
:roll:

Thanks for the pics 8)
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

You lucky ba****d

Beautiful pics of an even more beautiful car! You are a luck guy Thanks for the write up.

I'd take the QP over anything in its class on looks alone. Then theres the amazing sound, the supercar layout, and of course its a Maserati!... a 100% winner
Old 05-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Gorgeous car

Thx for the pics Matteo , impressive background

it was by far the best one as an experience. gearchanges even in normal mode are very sporty,
Old 05-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
martin100
Regular User

Another great car driven by you The great pics really show what a beautiful car this really is! I didnīt really realize that before. Thanks alot for your amazing story and pics TT!
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Thanks guys! Actually the QP was so gorgeous I still don't know how I could manage also to take enough pics of XJR and RS6 to do their indepths :shock:
Old 05-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
ARMAN
Regular User

First hated it but now just love and admire it Such a beautie and the ferrari engine's note is a killer
Just avoid light colors of leather if you buy one or there will be brown stain on the seats within few months hehe

Amazing pics TT, weird to see winter pics when its +25 outside already Thanx for sharing!

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
yg60m
Regular User

Thanks TT, that was the indepth I was waiting the most I love the QP
Old 05-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
RF1
Regular User

fantastic car
beautiful pics

especially this VVV

RF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #10
dingo
Regular User

I honestly think if it wasn't a Maserati with a Ferrari-based engine I wouldn't like this car so much, somehow I can overlook its strange looks because of this fact.

This doesn't take away from your pics though - brilliant again. The setting with the mountains in the background is breathtaking. :shock:
Old 05-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Wutputt
Regular User

Thanks for this in depth, it was a nice read, but the pics are even better. So many great pics! My favourite out of this bunch is the following one. The mountain background just does it for me

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

Thanks guys, actually my first one was the first one in this post despite a slight mistake in the depth of field :bah: but everybody seems to love the one with the mountains the most (my second fav) and thank God you do I had to walk in a snowy field and quite far away to get this frame (70-300 mm lense).. and I wasn't really equipped with moonboots
Old 05-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #13
TT
Regular User

Well, nothing wrong in sharing car experiences, but of course it's nice to back the fact up with pics at least where are yours?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #14
sikx5
Regular User

What a beautiful machine! Thanks for the pics TT and the write up. Its an awesome looking car, Ive only sat in one, and the quality was just sublime...
Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 AM   #15
komotar
Regular User

I can't belive you put the Maser last.....but if it's a case of best comes last, well, then it's ok

great pics, too bad for the stickers

saved almost all of them 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote