Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

and in case anyone is wondering...this was a "state of the art" console...not one of the "pong only" type !!
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:23 PM   #17
Ziploc
Regular User

jabba if your having trouble with setups watch a few races and more often than not the winner will gladly send you his setup
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

yeh I can see I will have to invest in a proper wheel and everything...maybe I will ask Michael Shumacher to come over and give me some lessons..
Old 07-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #19
Ziploc
Regular User

i do really well with the mouse

should meet in a server sometime

EDIT not now because im off to a cruise night
Old 07-02-2003, 06:31 PM   #20
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jabba
and in case anyone is wondering...this was a "state of the art" console...not one of the "pong only" type !!
Pong Only.... hey Mister your speaking to a Commodore 64 vet and a TRS Texas Instruments Hacker LoooL Dam my State of the Art cassette drive..... now that was some badass equipment !!!!

LOOL fuckin had to sit and wait 5 minutes while it rewound to get the dam little bouncy ball back on screen !!

even worse I spent 3 weeks typing goobdley gook to make that fekkin ball wobble across the dam screen!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:33 PM   #21
Jabba
Regular User

yeh I was doing ok with my trackball (the type you work with your thumb)...but I just cant be arsed to learn the tracks etc...the last racing game I completed was one of the ridge racer series...and that became such an obession I didnt almost eat or sleep until it was finished...I hate to think how long it takes to get one of these games wrapped up now...or I guess they can more or less go on forever these days...with that many options....
Old 07-02-2003, 06:41 PM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Krazy Hawaiian
hey Mister your speaking to a Commodore 64 vet and a TRS Texas Instruments Hacker LoooL Dam my State of the Art cassette drive..... now that was some badass equipment !!!!
ahh I had a VIC-20 before my 64...now that was bad ass...with its mighty 3.5k of ram....damn the amount of time I spent typing crap in...all to be able to shoot down a couple of pie symbols (I cant find the character on this keyboard) and then it would crash...and I hadnt recorded it to tape...as I didnt think it was worth waiting another hour for that operation....still had a couple of good cartidges for it...Super Slot, Jupiter Lander and Jelly Monsters come to mind....

hey Krazy wasnt that the Texas TI/994A and the TRS was the TRS-80 made by sharp or someone ?? you would know better than me...as I wasnt lucky enough to own one of those models...
Old 07-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #23
Anonymous

The TR was a Radio Shack special made by I believe Ti hence the T name.... I'll have to look as its been so dam long I cant recalol for certain. Hopefully I can find a cool shortcut I have somewhere I think its over on My old home Tweakers Asylum..... I should drop by and say Hi to Spacy and grab a handful of "pinkies" LooL thats a looney buncha peeps there, I blend in perfectly I have a link to a old computer museaum site has every old comp commercialy made in working order!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #24
XyKo
Regular User

Alright just download LFS, anyone willing to share me their setup? My car is freaking slow and I need to beat these bastard online because they keep kicking me out of the game for driving too slow. A turbo engine would be great.
XyKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #25
Anonymous

Originally Posted by I-Want-Ferrari
Alright just download LFS, anyone willing to share me their setup? My car is freaking slow and I need to beat these bastard online because they keep kicking me out of the game for driving too slow. A turbo engine would be great.

zippo said you need to flat all the tires and put full occupants in it LooL
Old 07-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #26
666fast
Regular User

I used to play that game. Just do offline races to gain credits and unlock the better cars. I got bored of the game, only two tracks and three cars. It would have been better if I wasn't using a mouse, I need to pick up a wheel sometime.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #27
XyKo
Regular User

anyway to get the credit fast and easy?
XyKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:58 PM   #28
Anonymous

666, Comp USA has a execelent wheel on sale usually for 25 bucks called nascar 2 made by Thrustmaster, for the price you cant beat it ... it ranks right up at the top of the list. They also make a Force Feedback model that is remarkable.. it will tire you out its so strong if you turn it up half way. Thrustmaster also makes the best clamping system second only to a big fekkin C clamp from the shed LOL The clamp is one of the most critical things about a wheel. Dont even consider a Microslop one they suck shitty clamp.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #29
Nemisis8u
Regular User

I finally figured out how to resume, it does not do it automatically for some reason. Why cant I connect, im done 570 megs so a bit more to go. Thanx again.
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #30
Ziploc
Regular User

anyway to get the credit fast and easy?
nope because then you would have the hard to drive fast car and hit everyone else they do everything possible to get rid of wreckers