Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 06-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #106
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
does any1 know if it will look different from the normal/old murcielago?
It will feature a different front and rear bumper, side-skirts, wheels, possibly lights.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #107
a007apl
Regular User

As of 1st June 2005, Dominik Hoberg (34) is Director of Corporate Image at Automobili Lamborghini, a new function in the company. He is responsible for strengthening the image of the House of the Raging Bull worldwide.

In this new position, Hoberg coordinates the activities of the Merchandising department and also the Communication department, which remains the responsibility of Sergio Fontana (54), the Press Spokesman for the company.

Dominik Hoberg, who reports to Stephan Winkelmann, the President of Automobili Lamborghini, was born on 17th November 1970 in Cologne. He worked previously at Fiat Automobil AG (Germany), where he was Press Spokesman for the Alfa Romeo and Lancia brands.

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 7th June 2005
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #108
mv
Regular User

There's no let-up at Lamborghini. Auto Express broke exclusive news of the Espada-inspired 2+2 in Issue 840, and we can now confirm more details - including the name. Our exclusive pictures in this week's issue prove the car will be called the Lagartijo.

The move will disappoint enthusiasts who had hoped the evocative Espada badge would be reborn. Instead, the sleek four-seater will take its name from the fabled Spanish matador who spared the life of the courageous bull Murciélago. This is an appropriate choice; the creature has already given its name to the company's £162,000 coupé.

There are obvious similarities with the legendary Sixties Espada, including two doors and pronounced overhangs. Other elements include the near-flat rear windscreen, which is tipped to hinge as a hatch, giving access to a sizeable boot.

The newcomer features carbon fibre construction, keeping weight to a minimum. Power will be taken from the Murciélago's 6.2-litre V12, delivering 620bhp. Sales are expected to begin in 2009, with the car costing an estimated £180,000. Ferrari's current 2+2, the V12 Scaglietti, carries a £170,500 price tag.

According to our sources, development of the GT means that a proposed SUV from Lamborghini - to be based on Audi's forthcoming Q7 - is now unlikely.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/57...new_lambo.html
Old 06-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #109
a007apl
Regular User

tkx
Old 06-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #110
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=423045
Old 06-28-2005, 04:48 AM   #111
mv
Regular User

Lamborghini apparently offers CCM brakes for the flagship, Murcielago, from now on. And it seems to brake better than both the Carrera GT and the Enzo despite the additional weight. :shock:

Brake test
100-0
enzo 34m
murci 32,6
c gt 32,7
200-0
enzo 136,2
murci 130,5
c gt 130,8
http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...ge=0&fpart=all
Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #112
a007apl
Regular User

I understand that Lamborghini will be introducing a version of the Gallardo coupe called the Piton. 250 units to be produced worldwide, of which the US will get 90. Here is what I have heard:

- 20 hp more, to 520 HP
- Top of the car from A to C pillers will be black (like the G Spider front windscreen)
- Spoiler will be black
- Gallardo Spider rims standard
- Pirelli Corsa track tires (although street tires can be ordered)
- Upgraded engine (more hp), suspension (lower and tighter), gearbox (shorter ratios)
- Darkened taillights
- Integrated rear camera (NAV can be optioned in)
- Stainless steel kickplates
- Upgraded leather

Orders are being taken now for delivery in September 2005 and beyond. Will also be offered in a new color, a sort of Pearl White.

Priced about 10.5% higher than the base G coupe, putting it around $200K.

More power, but also more weight. Nonetheless, looks to be very mean.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:35 AM   #113
TT
Regular User

Can't wait to see some pics of it!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:19 AM   #114
a007apl
Regular User

me too
The Hunter begins 8)
Old 06-29-2005, 07:56 AM   #115
a007apl
Regular User

The upcoming Gallardo Special Edition which will be called, the Pitòn. The production for this car will be limited to 250 cars for the world and 93 for the US market. Your allocation for the Pitòn will be as follows:

August Production = 1
September Production = 2

This is for each dealership I guess. Also the car also features 20hp gain over the previous model. According to me salesman theres also more torque to the previous model. Its close to 510nm. Also the top speed has been improve to 315km. More direct steering then the previous model and the gear ratios are shorten. When you order the car you can actually engrave your name on it. I didn't do it but you have the choice to do it. Theres also a built-in camera installed on rear spoiler which is actully standard for this car. The Piton has black top to it. Its actully bi-color exterior. The black transparent engine bonnet is also considered standard on the car. The rears lights are also darkened out compared to the previous model. This car also has left system included for the front. This is considered standard for the car too. The color I picked out was Baloon White. If you guys have any questions on this car I will try best to answer back.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #116
a007apl
Regular User

Available for special order only......

A new version PITON 522HP "S" version car..will have all black roof, mirrors rear deck witgh glass and blac out bumpers and tailights....

Will have "Gallard Piton" embossed along the side rocker panels.......There will be no "Lamborghini" on the rear ....wing will be black also.....will have Perril Corso tires with seprate design wheels from standard Gallardo.....will haev adjustable suspension like the F-430 car......

0-60 3.8 (reg Gallrdo 4.1) top speed 318 KM, (reg Gallardo 305)

Should run approx 8% more than standard Gallardo pricing.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:50 AM   #117
a007apl
Regular User

"Got some more info this week about the gallardo spider:

But first - here is what I am ordering for my Spider - put some of the pre-specs in this week on her:

Color will be the Dark Grey (like a metallic Pewter) - So about 2 tones darker than the Murci Titanium. This color is available on the Murci in 05 - I have only seen 1 or 2 pics - but picture dark grey metallic. It is a special order for the Spider. Option Price (if it does not become a standard color for the Gallardo - which as of right now it is not) - $4,800.

The Interior will be two tone Black with Red inserts - and red piping. (Do not ask me to remember the fancy names they give these colors - I do not remember.

I have decided to go with the 6 speed manual

Here are the other options I will be getting - Navigation, Back up sensor, car cover, Coming home, on board computer, I am sticking with the black Break Calipers with the exterior color - I didn't think silver would look good). Power and heated seats, etc.

I also got the branding package that will have Gallardo Spider on the dash, the Lambo bull on the head rests and I think it also will say Spider on the back right rear.

__________________________________________________ __________

Couple of tidbits in no particular order that I did not know:

1.) From what we all know there will be basically 3 models of the Gallardo. The Coupe, The Piton, and the Spider. From what I am hearing the Coupe will have the 493 (aka 500hp) engine. Only the Piton and the Spider will have the 522Hp engine. Interesting to say the least if this is true...

2.) As you have seen in a few other posts - there are various packages you can get: Smokers Package (Ash Tray and not sure what else comes with smokers package - humidor maybe . If you do not get the smokers package - you get a cup holder! Yes you heard it - cup holder (I am getting this one - but will never use it

3.) There is the Carbon Fiber interior package - which I think is available on the 05 coupes: this is going to be an $8,600 dollar option - I did not get this. It replaces the center consel, dash area, Stereo area, air vents and door open areas..

4.) There is a Leather Option - same as above - but in leather instead of carbon. OK - so picture the air vents in leather? I don't think so - I am sure the heat and cold air blowing on the leather will be good for it... And the description I read actually said the vents and openings would be in leather instead of black matte plastic...

5.) They are going to offer a special Leather as well - like the napa leather with the pin/vent holes kind of like the murci - I think this was a 4K option. Of which I did not order

6.) The GLASS BONNET will NOT be an option on the spider. Due to the placement of the top hold - which covers a large portion of the engine bay - this will not be an option.

I got to see/hear a ton of stuff and the pricing on the options as well - I should be able to recall most if you all have any specifics that you want to know..."

Rich
Old 07-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #118
a007apl
Regular User

AUTO SPIES WORLD EXCLUSIVE: More hot Lambo news
6/16/2005

Lamborhini's failed attempts to revitalize the 80's junior sports car called the Jalpa may be a step nearer thanks to Audi's engineering assistance.

The intension is a smaller car, drawn in the Gallardo mould but using a tuned Audi sourced V8 of around 330-bhp.

Just as with their Italian rivals, Lamborghini will also offer nothing more complex than a 6-speed manual gearbox and a hard lid. However, lightweight materials will make the tractor manufacturers car more agile and hopefully more rapid than Ferrari’s with a projected 4.5 secs to 60-mph and a 190-mph to speed.

You may find the Geneva motor show in 2008 the place to be.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #119
a007apl
Regular User

" just spent 3 hours checking out the new Gallardo Spyder! It was the same yellow one you have seen in the spy pics that Allan posted earlier.

Here is some more info you may, or may not know about the car:

- The top is fully powered; just press a button to raise or lower the roof. It takes about 20 seconds to do this.

- The entire rear of the car from the beltline up tilts up from right behind the headrests and the roof panel stows away in a compartment in front of the engine. The process looks very similar to the way an SL or SLK folds its metal roof.

- Engine access is the same way as the lid opens to stow the roof; you simply pull it farther up. This gives you a bit more access to the engine bay but the rear hinge does make some things awkward.

- The complicated hinge mechanism does look like it might be something that you have to make sure stays in alignment.

- There is no glass engine cover panel option.

- The roof looks great up or down. The rear of the roof has small butresses to make the roofline more attractive when up.

- The rear window is glass and is separate from the roof. It is actually a powered window which means it slides up and down. This means that with the top down, you can still lift the rear window and use it as a wind deflector! If you have seen the TT Roadster it has a similar arrangement which is not unusual considering the cars share the same parents. The difference is that the TT still has a glass built into the roof in addition to the powered windscreen whereas on the Spyder, the rear window is also the wind deflector.

- I'm 6'2" and with the top down it does look like my forehead might get beat up by the wind. It feels like the header rail is right in your line of sight. With the top up, my hair slightly grazes the roof liner.

- The side view of the car does at leat give the illusion that the windshield is raked farther back than the coupe. Whether this is really the case, I don't know.

- The view through the windshield with the top up is similar to that of my Esprit so it felt very natural to me.

- The interior color scheme was charcoal leather with yellow piping and stitching which, coincidentally, is exactly the same as the one of my Esprit so I felt right at home.

- The car had eGear.

- The car did not have a Sport Exhaust option that I know of but it still sounded pretty good. I don't have enough experience to really compare it to the coupe, but it did sound meaner to me.

- I saw another Gallardo with Carbon Fiber replacing the silver trim and it was really nice! My car will have to geth this option when I take delivery. The silver stuff always looked cheap to me and seems to scratch too easily.

- Lambo is not confirming specs or prices on the car. No HP figures are being given so any claims you may have heard are pure speculation at this point. "
Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #120
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Lamborghini Gives Limited Green Light to Concept S
Date Posted 07-11-2005

SANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy, — Lamborghini will be building a new vehicle based on its Concept S, but will limit numbers to no more than 80 or 90, according to Automotive News Europe.

Though intended more as a demonstration of what could be done with the upcoming roadster version of the Gallardo, the Concept S proved to be such a hit with Lambo enthusiasts the company has decided to put the vehicle into production.

The company is still expected to go forward with a separate Gallardo Roadster, which could be named "Spyder" when it debuts at the Frankfurt auto show in September.

The Concept S originated in Centro Stile Lamborghini at the company's headquarters in Sant' Agata Bolognese, with primary responsibility going to the company's design chief, Luc Donckerwolke.

The production model will retain its "saute-vent," which divides the cockpit into two distinct sections, an electronically controlled retractable rearview mirror mounted in the center console, and the lack of a proper roof.

What this means to you: The Lamborghini Concept S's unorthodox appearance struck a substantial chord with enough potential buyers to warrant a production version of the car, much to the delight of enthusiasts.
apparently lamborghini is planning to produce the "Concept S." this vehicle is sepreate from the roadster version of the gallardo and is supposed to retain the duel cockpit design of the concept. i have to say i am very suprised to see this given its radical design but should be an interesting car.

article