Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:01 PM   #106
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

^^
But Maserati isn't Ferrari
Old 08-26-2004, 04:28 PM   #107
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by ice
Plus, the only aspect of drving that the Gt is better at is straight line, and really, who cares if its faster, you buy more then just straight line in these cars.
Hmm.. that's odd - the only time the GT went up against the 360 at a number of race trcaks around the USA - the 360 was left for dead..

Look - "we" don't mind giving credit where it is due... as the Primadona is an ok car for what it is - but why do the Tifosi have to resort to lies and insults in a war of words..

Just admit the boring nature of the 360's performance in comparison to the rest of the field..
well tha is a against the 360, the Z06 is a tunned vette, so why not put it up against the tunned 360, and i don't think many vette drivers want to go up against a 360cs on a track, the 360cs is only 0.004 slower then the new gt, so RC is the z06 as a good as a GT?

now back on topic, is this car (430) going to have carbon brakes like they show in the pics, and will there be a 6-spd manual option? i haven't seen they state the brakes or the tranny?
Old 08-27-2004, 04:20 AM   #108
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
Originally Posted by ice
Plus, the only aspect of drving that the Gt is better at is straight line, and really, who cares if its faster, you buy more then just straight line in these cars.
Hmm.. that's odd - the only time the GT went up against the 360 at a number of race trcaks around the USA - the 360 was left for dead..

Look - "we" don't mind giving credit where it is due... as the Primadona is an ok car for what it is - but why do the Tifosi have to resort to lies and insults in a war of words..

Just admit the boring nature of the 360's performance in comparison to the rest of the field..
well tha is a against the 360, the Z06 is a tunned vette, so why not put it up against the tunned 360, and i don't think many vette drivers want to go up against a 360cs on a track, the 360cs is only 0.004 slower then the new gt, so RC is the z06 as a good as a GT?

now back on topic, is this car (430) going to have carbon brakes like they show in the pics, and will there be a 6-spd manual option? i haven't seen they state the brakes or the tranny?
Plus the new 430 is supposed to be as fast as the 360CS

I'm fairly sure they'll offer a manual option too, seeing as though they expected F1 to out sell manual on the 360 70% to 30% but it was more like 50% each
Old 08-27-2004, 03:54 PM   #109
1zippo1
Regular User

I think it looks very good, as I said before but it's clearly an evolution of the 360 styling wise. There's much more difference between the 355 & the 360 then between the 360 & 430 IMO. The 430 is basically a more racy looking version of the 360, look at the bigger air vents in the front bumper and at the sides. Those remind me of the 360 Challenge (not CS). And then the end, well those venturi tunnels are racing inspired so.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:02 PM   #110
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

I think it's front bumper looks like the NGT version of 360.
Pretty
Old 08-27-2004, 04:10 PM   #111
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ian_yamaue
I think it's front bumper looks like the NGT version of 360.
Pretty
Shit, true, that's the one I mean. Not the Challenge of course. Sorry
Old 08-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #112
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

HEHEH... I knew it. don't worry.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:12 PM   #113
RC45
Regular User

well tha is a against the 360, the Z06 is a tunned vette, so why not put it up against the tunned 360,
The CS is a tuned, stripped 360... the Z06 is just tuned...

The few folks that have prepped their Z06's to the same extreme level as the CS are so far ahead of the 360CS - they are a closer match to your precious GT and NGT

Until you actually see a T1 prepped Z06 on the track y'all really have NO idea of the potential in the plastic, pushrod car.

Anyway - back to your regular scheduled programming..

I guess Denial is actually a river of tears in Italy...
Old 08-28-2004, 12:17 AM   #114
Vansquish
Regular User

The 360 always looked more Japanese than Italian to me, so to see the return of the sharknose on such an all-around beautiful vehicle as well as the family ties to the Enzo at the rear and inside...fantastic design job. The only thing that is a little questionable is the execution of the rear end...it's a little too pugnacious and not quite beautiful and dainty enough for my tastes.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 08-28-2004, 12:55 AM   #115
HeilSvenska
Regular User

The 360 always looked more Japanese than Italian to me
=???

How does that work? It's like saying that a Vanquish looks like an American car!
I'm sorry, but i just can't see how.

By the way Enzo and the 612 are the ones that look Japanese because they were designed by Ken Okuyama...a Japanese person...and a Ken...

I do not like these new edgy and unsubtle designs...just look at BMW 7-series. I have to admit, although 430 does not look prettier than 360, it does look more interesting.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:34 AM   #116
SFDMALEX
Regular User

well tha is a against the 360, the Z06 is a tunned vette, so why not put it up against the tunned 360,

The few folks that have prepped their Z06's to the same extreme level as the CS are so far ahead of the 360CS - they are a closer match to your precious GT and NGT

Until you actually see a T1 prepped Z06 on the track y'all really have NO idea of the potential in the plastic, pushrod car.

haha

Its you living in denial actually, not the 360 fan boys...
Old 08-28-2004, 02:07 AM   #117
SilviaEvo
Regular User

360 CS better hands down now does that settle it? hahahha
Old 08-28-2004, 02:16 AM   #118
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

haha

you guys are so easy to bate..

Let's not argue any more.

What I will do is set my car up as a 360CS/430 destroyer..

Then post pictures and videos of it destroying 360's/360CS's/430's etc

That is - if I can ever find Boutique Tifosi who actually drive their cars..
Old 08-28-2004, 02:23 AM   #119
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
The 360 always looked more Japanese than Italian to me
=???

How does that work? It's like saying that a Vanquish looks like an American car!
I'm sorry, but i just can't see how.

By the way Enzo and the 612 are the ones that look Japanese because they were designed by Ken Okuyama...a Japanese person...and a Ken...

I do not like these new edgy and unsubtle designs...just look at BMW 7-series. I have to admit, although 430 does not look prettier than 360, it does look more interesting.
LOL...I Knew tihs was going to cause an uproar...I didn't mean to compare it to the NSX or the MR2 or anything, but the 360 has never looked like a real ferrari to me. The F40, F50, F355, 456GT, Testarossa and the 550M (to a lesser extent) are the modern day Ferraris that set a trend in design for the company which the 360 broke. It was designed to be "utilitarian" insofar as a Ferrari can be. It was designed with larger interior dimensions, greater luggage space and more foolproof performance than it's predecessors...in that regard some of the Ferrari essence was lost. The styling doesn't look like an MR2 nor would I ever suggest that it might bear any particular resemblance to a Japanese car...it just doesn't have that "Ferrari flavor" and seems more like an anaesthetized, form-following function, vehicle with a serious lack of design flair and panache that Ferraris should have. The 430 goes a long way to rectifying that. The front end harks back to the Sharknose GP cars and the rest of the car manages to subtly redo some things that made the 360 a little flabby and less taught than it could've been. The fact that the Enzo and 612 were penned (at least in part) by Mr. Okuyama has nothing to do with their Ferrari-ness. The 612 is in the same vein as the 360 to my eyes...it's actually the only truly ugly Ferrari I can remember. It has some great lines, but the proportions are all wrong and the mishmash of shapes and contours just doesn't settle nicely. The Enzo manages to be brutishly beautiful. It divides opinion as much as the 430 seems to be doing to this forum. However, it is much like the F40 in that it is a single-minded attempt at a car, and it manages to be a Ferrari at the same time even though nothing but the Taillights and the prancing horse emblem really match anything that the company has done before. The 430 carries that theme onwards and updates the 360's sheetmetal in a way that both has historical and modern-day familial ties at Ferrari.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #120
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

haha

you guys are so easy to bate..

Let's not argue any more.

What I will do is set my car up as a 360CS/430 destroyer..

Then post pictures and videos of it destroying 360's/360CS's/430's etc

That is - if I can ever find Boutique Tifosi who actually drive their cars..
haha!

Setup? hats what I wanted to hear
Closed Thread