Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 04-15-2005, 12:28 AM   #46
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
It's hidden behind the grill or in the bonnet. When sensors detect the car hits an object that's possible a person, it will deploy this airbag so the person’s head won't bang onto the bonnet but will hit the airbag. But there is a 'big' possibilty

I don't know that much more about it. And it's still a rumour that the W221 will be equiped with it
hmmm sounds odd but interesting.

from these new spy pics i like the front of the car, looks like a good evolution while still keeping the traditional look of the S-class. the back as im sure has been mentioned looks maybachish. cant wait to see the official pics.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:31 AM   #47
blah
Regular User

the bottom part where the fogs are looks like our C-Class.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:40 AM   #48
gobs3z
Regular User

Well i can say i've seen one in person here in Chicago, i've got the pic on my camera phone but it won't let me send it(POS). I think they were going to the dealers to show them, i dunno. But it wasn't bad looking. There were about six camo'd and non camo'd merc's all driving to the same place on the highway, first time i've ever seen a preproduction car on the road, especially in chicago.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:06 AM   #49
philios55
Regular User

^Nice new pics dani!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #50
Sir_GT
Regular User

If it looks like this, then yes, it is nice... but the CLS still has more sex appeal. I have a feeling the S will date quickly, just like the new M class, especially since it's expected to stay that way for the next 7-10 years.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:01 PM   #51
Dubai
Regular User

It looks like they lifted the side mirrors from the new CSL... So, I guess the chase is new! Duuh!
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #52
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Well, you can't compare the CLS with the new S-Klasse... the CLS is a 4-door coupe, it's more like a CL with a couple more doors... the rear seats are not very confortable, well... they ARE confortable, but not as in the S-Klasse. This is just like a baby Maybach... which I think it's good!
Errrr... you can actually. Whatever the packaging/limitations that CLS has, it still has sex appeal. So does the Maserati Quattroporte. I can see that they're going for a mini-Maybach approach... which I don't think is a good idea (It'll cheapen the Maybach... imagine the 7 series looking like the Phantom? It'll cheapen the Phantom), because you can make a car look grand and ooze with style, without having to copy one of your own designs.

Again, the Quattroporte is a perfect example. It's like an S-class, except it's not stodgy... it's actually bloody handsome, and it shows that you've got taste.

I'm not saying that the upcoming S is ugly... far from it... I just think they've could've done better, and because they didn't, I can imagine the upcoming one to date rather quickly.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #53
philios55
Regular User

Some more W221 S Class pics:
Old 04-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #54
cho_888
Regular User

wow that must have been a high impact crash because those mercs are surposed to be really safe.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #55
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888
wow that must have been a high impact crash because those mercs are surposed to be really safe.
Since the driver of the Ford died it's a qualified guess that it was a severe crash.. The cabin of the Merc looks fairly intact..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:52 AM   #56
Sir_GT
Regular User

Built Ford tough eh?

...and Clarkson wonders why people would rather pay up for a German car.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:04 PM   #57
pimrusis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Built Ford tough eh?

You can't really say that. If a BMW 1-series hit my mom's car, which is basically a Ford Crown Victoria the one series would be pretty messed up as well. You need to know the specifics of the crash before you post criticism.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:52 PM   #58
blah
Regular User

Built Ford tough eh?

Ok go hit a F150 or F Series and we will see who is the winner. Hell hit a Grand Marquis, or Crown Vic. The S-Class weighs what 4500 lbs? That ford probably weighs 3400, or even less. The S-Class is lucky it didnt hit a COnti GT.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:39 PM   #59
Sir_GT
Regular User

^^^ The differences between a German CAR and a PICKUP TRUCK are very different. The difference between a 1-series (5 star NCAP) and a Ford car (What's an NCAP?) would be very different as well.

There's a greater likelyhood you would live through an accident if you were in a 1-series, whereas a Ford car wouldn't have the necessary crumple structure to absorb a solid impact.

American cars are shit. Nothing but old dinosaurs built using stoneage technology, except dressed in modern drag. They're built to make a profit, not to protect the occupant. I've seen videos where American SUVs literally disintegrate during crash tests, whereas European cars (on average) only fold up to the beginning of the A-pillar.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #60
Ghostbat
Regular User

^^^ The differences between a German CAR and a PICKUP TRUCK are very different. The difference between a 1-series (5 star NCAP) and a Ford car (What's an NCAP?) would be very different as well.

There's a greater likelyhood you would live through an accident if you were in a 1-series, whereas a Ford car wouldn't have the necessary crumple structure to absorb a solid impact.

American cars are shit. Nothing but old dinosaurs built using stoneage technology, except dressed in modern drag. They're built to make a profit, not to protect the occupant. I've seen videos where American SUVs literally disintegrate during crash tests, whereas European cars (on average) only fold up to the beginning of the A-pillar.
I seccond that! But I promise that you've hurt some peoples feelings :roll:
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote