Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 10-06-2004, 03:47 AM   #46
Just_me
Regular User

New Ferrari F430 is 3 sec faster than 360 Modena on the testtrack
Old 10-08-2004, 05:36 AM   #47
dons5
Regular User

ok u cant look at these times, the only times i will look at is if there compared back to back and the driver does around 20 - 30 laps in each car then its a fai comparison, what if one knows the other car better or is more suited to it, or that car is more suited to that particular track, or the driver jus sucks in one car cause its harder to bring to the limit but its ultimate pace is faster though harder to reach. We need F1 drivers doing this cause jus the driver alone can be the differcne of 2 - 3 seconds on a regular track, on a huge track like nurbergring like more then 10 probably
Old 10-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #48
HoboPie
Regular User

The guy who does the Sport Auto tests is skilled enough, especially considering how well he knows the ring.

I still think they need more time in the car though. The Enzo is apparently a difficult car to get used to for example. It doesn't provide the best feedback and on top of that it goes at a pace quicker than pretty much any other road car they test there except the Carrera GT.

I think with only a couple laps the Carrera GT would definitely get a better time than the Enzo. If they were both taken out for say 15 laps I think the Enzo would begin to creep a lot closer.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #49
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by noliebro
does everybody here know that the FIA declared that the MC12 was not allowed to race, just said it cause it was mentioned earlier.
its taking part in the last 3 races of the FIA GT and has one its first two (i think). FIA are still considering it running next year last time i checked and it probably will
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:51 PM   #50
HoboPie
Regular User

They came 2nd and 3rd in the first race, behind a Saleen S7R I think, but that might have been a ploy of some sort.

Then one of the MC12s won the second race.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #51
Max Power

so nobody has tested 'the' track car on the best track.......make's u wonder who buys these Ferraris and for what better purpose than for its intended use.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #52
dons5
Regular User

on most circuits id bet one the enzo unless it was like some kinda super twisty mickey mouse circuit
dons5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:46 PM   #53
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Before you can make any assumptions you have to understand Porsche and Ferrari.

Porsche make smooth handling cars.

Ferrari make snappy cars.

Nordschliefe is a big long smooth circuit. Something that suits the CGT.

A track like Monaco is for the Enzo. Its twisty and short.

We can argue all we want. But the fact is that Enzo was never timed anywere officialy.

I think, although I admit Im biased towards Ferrari, I think that Enzo would lap Nordschleife faster. It would take 3x the practice but it would lap faster just because its a more agiel car in my view.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #54
bmagni
Regular User

Nordschliefe is a big long smooth circuit. Something that suits the CGT.

A track like Monaco is for the Enzo. Its twisty and short.
i think is all the way around... as we saw in the test of nardo. the cgt lapped better than the enzo in the short twisty circuit...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:09 PM   #55
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Nardo? I cant see how CGT can lap nardo faster.....cant.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:35 AM   #56
Max Power

these are all fake #'s........I don't know what u ppl are smoking......a Lada 2109 is faster than any Enzo around Nurburgring
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:10 AM   #57
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Its complete bullshit that Ferrari is too afraid to time the Enzo at Nordschleife...
How so? Ferrari, NEVER, NEVER time their cars officialy at any track besides Fiorano. Its been that way for 50 years.
Hmmm....they should!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 04:32 AM   #58
numerouno
Regular User

Its complete bullshit that Ferrari is too afraid to time the Enzo at Nordschleife...
Yeah I agree with you Sentra, IMO the Enzo could lap around the longer 'Ring quicker than the CGT, 'cause it's straightline superiority would result in a better lap time.
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #59
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Max Power
these are all fake #'s........I don't know what u ppl are smoking......a Lada 2109 is faster than any Enzo around Nurburgring
I had a 2108
Old 10-09-2004, 11:51 AM   #60
HoboPie
Regular User

The Enzo is more of handful at the limit. In the recent Motortrend test they said the Enzo had the raw ability to keep up with the CGT because the differences in their test stats were academic and could easily be reversed, but the Enzo was difficult to deal with once it started sliding.

The tester actually said that the Enzo's neutral handling was usually a bonus, but the Enzo was just too much.

So I'm guessing when someone finally got comfortable with the Enzo it could probably lap a little quicker on most tracks. Though, most people will never get to that point. So it is an even more useless argument than most based around insane supercars.