Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #46
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Nice thought, but the Corvette being the longest running single performance car model in the history of Automobiles, with the most enthusiastic and active "family" the world over.. NONE of the interest is stirred up my the manufacturer - it's all generated, supported and answered by the family members...

But we understand how this loyalty to the car's heritage could be confused with loyalty to General Motors.. hehe
Oh you gotta be kidding me. You mean the longest running poser car. Shit I didnt notice one manual Vette sell at Barette jackson. Should I even talk about the people that bid on them...

I never seen anybody more blind then you.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #47
SFDMALEX
Regular User

It's not a wannabe anything - the C6 Z06 will already blow the F430CS back to spaghetti-ville.
oh so there is an F430CS? Holly shit were did you get that? Your reliable underground sources?

Fanboys make me laugh.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #48
RC45
Regular User

The statement is simply stating in it's current form it will more than be able to handle what ever this future mdoel will be
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #49
nthfinity
Regular User

im in an argument with a guy at kzoorice.com about the ns lap time..
I find it really hard to believe that a 3100lbs 500hp car can even come close to the performance of a 3000lbs 605hp Carrera GT or numerous of the other race prepped cars you mentioned. On the other hand, if you added another 100hp to the vette and dropped 200lbs, then that would make a significant difference. I'm an engineering manager for the company that is making the pistons for both the Z06 and it's supercharger big brother. I'll ask our product engineer working on this program tomorrow and see what they say.
im waiting to hear the next responce on oh the vette doesnt compare against a 911... or somehow how my arguments dont stack up
but basically i did agree, that 13+ seconds from a CGT is nowhere near its performance level
Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 PM   #50
graywolf624
Regular User

Only fools disrespect Sportauto and Horst. You Said Sportauto didnt have a professionel driver. Obviosly you were 100% wrong. The best part, he's the only driver doing the supertests.
Your first part yet again.. I already said so hes not your average paper bloke. Hes still only had a few laps with the car as opposed to a guy who races corvettes. He also wasnt the person driving the zo6, meaning its completely moot. You cant compare times from two different drivers, especially when your talking about someone with a few laps in the car versus someone who drives one similar all the time. You can not ever compare two drivers times in different cars and make comments. Regardless of skill level overall even the knowledge of how the car responds or the track makes a difference as well.

And just to be inflamatory yet again.. Sport auto hes still not winning lemans.. Hes not a former f1 test driver. Just being professional, and even being good, doesnt necessarily mean hes going to run similar times in the same car.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #51
RC45
Regular User

I'm gonna post your quote as more "Supercharged Vette" proof
Old 07-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #52
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Only fools disrespect Sportauto and Horst. You Said Sportauto didnt have a professionel driver. Obviosly you were 100% wrong. The best part, he's the only driver doing the supertests.
Your first part yet again.. I already said so hes not your average paper bloke. Hes still only had a few laps with the car as opposed to a guy who races corvettes. He also wasnt the person driving the zo6, meaning its completely moot. You cant compare times from two different drivers, especially when your talking about someone with a few laps in the car versus someone who drives one similar all the time. You can not ever compare two drivers times in different cars and make comments. Regardless of skill level overall even the knowledge of how the car responds or the track makes a difference as well.

And just to be inflamatory yet again.. Sport auto hes still not winning lemans.. Hes not a former f1 test driver. Just being professional, and even being good, doesnt necessarily mean hes going to run similar times in the same car.
Why you trying so hard at making an excuse for the Vettes SA lap? Man you guys try to cover up every single whole arent you.

Anyway in my opinion when lapping NS its more about track knowledge. Both drivers are obviously pro's and in this case Id give the advantage to the SA driver.

Anyway the guy who set the lap for the Vette wins Le Mans in a C5R. If you think C6 and the C5R bare any resemblance then you couldnt be more wrong.

And when the driver is of a world class level it only takes him a short time to adapt and be fast in whatever is thrown at him.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #53
SFDMALEX
Regular User

The statement is simply stating in it's current form it will more than be able to handle what ever this future mdoel will be
Simply a statement based on what exactly? :roll: Nothing. They are only starting to review the car in the mags and your oh so quick to make assumptions. Only thing we have on the F430 so far is a top gear time which is useless anyway but even then the F430 laps .6 slower on a tight ass track with bad rubber. Swap the rubber and it will be over at least 1.5 faster.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #54
graywolf624
Regular User

^^ He drives a c6r now..
Im making no excuses.. Im telling you to make a comment about the difference between the zo6 time and the c6 time from 2 different drivers is however useless.

And when the driver is of a world class level it only takes him a short time to adapt and be fast in whatever is thrown at him.
Fast yeah.. As fast as someone who drives one regularly.. Hell no.

Anyway in my opinion when lapping NS its more about track knowledge. Both drivers are obviously pro's and in this case Id give the advantage to the SA driver.
Magnuson has enough background with ns that I think his car knowledge outweighs.

As for your last thing.. Magnuson drives a c6r at the moment.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #55
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
^^ He drives a c6r now..
Fine. Still barely comprable. You cant compare a 550 to a Prodrive 550. You cant compare a C6R to a C6. You cant compare a DTM Merc to any other Merc on the street.

.Fast yeah.. As fast as someone who drives one regularly.. Hell no.
Fine...

Magnuson has enough background with ns that I think his car knowledge outweighs.
Ok, I dont know of his history there so I give you that one.

Anyway Magnuson didnt drive all the other laps which we use as reference. And thats SA And since you stress so much the importance of the driver his time is ultimately useless for all the arguments on this forum, so we have to wait for the SA driver to drive his lap.

I'm sure ferrari test drivers could lap the 360CS in 7:50 flat if I am to go by what you are saying.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #56
graywolf624
Regular User

so we have to wait for the SA driver to drive his lap.

I'm sure ferrari test drivers could lap the 360CS in 7:50 flat if I am to go by what you are saying.
Exactly, and its possible.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 PM   #57
nthfinity
Regular User

I'm gonna post your quote as more "Supercharged Vette" proof
go for it, the guy works for some company near Ann Arbor, Mi... and his name is Dave

a little extra work might provide the name of the company...
Old 07-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #58
graywolf624
Regular User

sigh.. pile on mentality brembo...

I already admited I was wrong about the sport auto guy.. But as I've said repeatedly I wouldnt trust the difference between 2 different time for a car with two different drivers on any car.

Didnt you know guys.. Im a tiffosi.. Id take the ferrari over the vette every day of the week. I'm meerely telling you that time is right.. Whether the ferrari has an adequate time or not.. *shrug..* You think people would figure out when I tell them one of my life goals is to own a 308..(laugh all you want, a man can have his nostalgia).

Notice my very first post on the top elluded to the idiocy of taking times from two different drivers.. Im nothing but consistant.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 PM   #59
RC45
Regular User

Lap times are like dyno charts - they are indicators of current achieved performance - not absolute future potential
Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #60
number77
Regular User

Well, they were designing the car partially around that track initially. They ended up having to change the brake design because they weren't getting enough air to cool the brakes. They also may have tested it on different tires and that could account for 3 seconds on a track as big as this one.
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote