Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-18-2004, 02:55 AM   #31
PATo355
Regular User

I think the 612 is plain gorgeous , it grew on me too , first i thought it was just ok , now i think its gr8 , and i thought as Chaos about the 355 and 360 till like 1 month ago , now i prefer the 360 , the looks will grow on you , of course if they are the most desirable cars in the world , just like the Enzo , at first most ppl didnt like it a lot ... I love all ferraris , all of them ... exept the mondial and other one cant remember the number with is ugly as shit .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:45 AM   #32
bobafett
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo21
lol........will do, he comes highly recommended, should have you fixed up in no time.

--Dan
Old 05-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #33
noliebro
Regular User

I like that ferrari changes its styling, because times change and styles that are popular change. Back when the F355 was released that styling was popular now sleak lines are in style. I prefer ferrari's styling over porsche which has been producing the same car with different names and slightly different looks since I can remember.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:35 PM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

i love the looks of the Murcialago, too!
can you find one (ok, mabey not including russian autos) automobile today that looks like they almost always have?
even the retro styling that ford has put into play(ford gt, ford mustang) just remind us of the way they used to look; perhaps tho, the ford gt is one of the timeless shapes we have come to love.
every era has cirtain design ques.....
20's stage coach like
40's long hoods, huge curves
60's begining of purpose shaped designs- long hoods, angled glass etc.
70-80's saw the beginning of the box era
90's saw a return of curves, but this time its much more a gradient, and buble like, cars are beginning to be designed with wind tunnel testing

i know those arent all true in every circuimstance, but its just kinda general. cars change; do we like the change? sometimes, others we dont

are new Ferrari's amazingly beautiful? yes
are old Ferrari's the same? yes
but within that, some are timeless, even if we dont recognize it initially
Old 05-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #35
sau_mathur
Regular User

Personally, the first time I saw the 612, I thought it was pretty average. But its still an absolute beast of a machine, and i think as someone mentioned before, the looks grow on you, and I must say they have certainly on me.

The Enzo, i reckon looks absolutely stunning. The formula1 style long noce at the front, and ofcourse the massive v12 in the back..aaaaaaaahhH!!!!

With the new ferraris, they have a modern design, and technology. The way they accelerate and break..just keeps on improving. So yes..i am a fan of the 360 even, more than the 355 that is.

U just have to move with the times I say!!!!!!
sau_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:45 AM   #36
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by sau_mathur
new ferraris...The way they accelerate and break..just keeps on improving

They sure do break often, god damn poor reliability...but i have also heard that the way they lose speed whilst braking is phenomenal
Old 05-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #37
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
F40 is much different then the Enzo. 612 much different then the 456. The 355 is much different then the Modena. In my opinion of course.
F40 --> F50 --> Enzo... ther is a slight trend as the design gets more extreme and influenced by F1 cars. (the front of the Enzo is very similar to the F50)

456 --> 612... there is more than a resemblence. The profiles of the cars are very similar, with a typically long nose, rear-heavy design. Thats just my opinion though..
Yes, you are right. The design is unfluned by F1 cars. But they still look nothing alike IMO. The F50 sorta of looks like an Enzo. But the F40 looks completley different from the Enzo. I don't see the 456-612 resemblence. Profile yes. But the tailight's, rear and front are so much different. In my opinion.
Here we go... 456 and 612 resemblance.

The profile/shape i can see a resemblance. But here's where i can't. The direct front.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #38
cooperluke
Regular User

I think is just the result of the natural evolution that all cars have... not only ferraris.

Probably your grandfather also would say that the 355 isn't a Ferrari because it doesn't resembles the design of the first ones!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:25 PM   #39
No.1
Regular User

THE GRILL!!!!!

Old 05-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #40
Zonda11
Regular User

The 355 soft top in yellow has always been my fav.

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #41
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

i personally think that the new ferraris are wonderful, and yes i would take a 360 over a 355 anyday. Not only the design but it performes better. The obvious fact is that these cars have to evolve and i believe that the evolutions that they have made are great. I mean if you dont like the 360 or 612 or enzo then what should have come out instead of them? Sure its possible to evolve in the wrong direction but i really dont think that these new ferraris have done any injustices to their predicessors.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #42
callen
Regular User

all ferraris are beautiful albeit not in the same way.... they all reflect their times when they were in production. i prefer a more shapely ferrari (360) to a sqaure one (400) any day. its all a matter of natural prgression reflecting attitude of the times. and who cares who designs the car, if the boys in modena think he is good enuf to clothe thier cars then the designer is good enuf for me too. Id gladly take any ferrrari any fucking day of the week. stop bitching.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #43
abbor
Regular User

I actually like the 612. It's different, that's true, but you need to do something different to keep life in the sales...
And you can see that it's a Ferrari, if not by the curves, the stailing horse is a good sign that it is actually a Ferrari....
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:16 PM   #44
Caps8419
Regular User

i like the 360 i dont like the 355... enzo's ok... the 1984 gto is the best..... my cousin has one so i get to see it up close.. its a beautiful car....

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:54 PM   #45
ice
Regular User

I always get a laugh when i hear people say that the 355 looks more like a Ferrari then a 360. It is the complete opposite. The 355's lines were too sharp, too straight. The 360(infinitely more beautiful if you ask me) has curves, it evokes memories of 308's and Dino's, while the 355 reminds me of the disgusting mondial and the somewhat allright 348. The 550/575 is among the most beautiful cars in current production, yet still falls short of the 360.

And although it may appear to be the opposite, the lineage of ultra exotics started by the 288 GTO has remained very constant throughout each succesive model. The theme, ultimate performance, pushes the current design abilities to their max. The 288 was the fastest of its time, the most advanced aero it could have possesed. The F40 took it that much further, more so an evolution then a complete redesign, yet it again pushed performance design to its limits. The F50, arguably the most sophisticated machine of its time(combining aero, an incredible engine and the most race like suspension setup possibly, my personal choce as the epotime of Ferrari's) continued the theme of the maximum, and the Enzo follows that without need of explanation.

ferrai has remained constant in all area's but one, the cars are not like they were before, race cars on the weeknd and drivers during the week. Truly, the last great is my own i believe(with the exception of the ultra cars), the BiBi 512.

No matter how you cut it, Ferrari's are beautiful. Unlike Lambo's, which I believe rely on shocking and bold designs which eventually become ugly(the exception is the Muira), Ferrari makes timeless cars for the ages. They are passion on wheels, utilizing refinement and elegance, power and finesse.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote