Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-20-2005, 11:27 PM   #31
666fast
Regular User

especially since I think it was only a guest car
It's running the full season, with a second car coming soon, on the basis that a new MC12 is made to meet the rules.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #32
zr2man99
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I was just surprised to see the Maserati get taken away from the top spot. And great job to aston on a victory over the undefefeatable c6r. What penalties did the Maserati suffer?
The C6R is not undefeatable. This was their first outing with the new car. The corvette racing team has been pretty dominate, but the new C6R has not run a race till now. Aston really suprized me. I was expecting them to break, but they kept plugging away. The ending result shows you how tough the 12 hours of Sebring is. Half the field did not finish due to problems. Sebring is just a punishing track.

The dyson boys tried their best, and I bet if they didn't run into problems, they probably would have been pressuring the R8s. Hopefully at Atlanta (which I can't go to ) they will give them a good run.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:32 AM   #33
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by zr2man99
Originally Posted by gobs3z
I was just surprised to see the Maserati get taken away from the top spot. And great job to aston on a victory over the undefefeatable c6r. What penalties did the Maserati suffer?
The C6R is not undefeatable. This was their first outing with the new car. The corvette racing team has been pretty dominate, but the new C6R has not run a race till now. Aston really suprized me. I was expecting them to break, but they kept plugging away. The ending result shows you how tough the 12 hours of Sebring is. Half the field did not finish due to problems. Sebring is just a punishing track.

The dyson boys tried their best, and I bet if they didn't run into problems, they probably would have been pressuring the R8s. Hopefully at Atlanta (which I can't go to ) they will give them a good run.
Yes i realize they technically aren't undefeatable since the C6R hasn't run before this, but in general the GM team was undefeatable.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:43 AM   #34
666fast
Regular User

Don't think this was a hard win for Aston, it was pretty much handed to them! They are good cars, but had a rare and unusual failure not happened to the #4 Vette and the #3 Vette not been shoved off the track, I don't think they would have won.

Take a look at the position of the other Aston. 8th in class, which is dead last when it comes to the cars that actually finished the race.

Up untill when the Vettes had thier troubles, the Astons were trailing behind. I firmly believe that had the Vettes not had accidents, they would have won. Thats not to say the Astons didn't deserve the credit. Thats the name of the game, shit happens, better luck next time.

The Astons have proven themselves as worthy competitors and I am really looking forward to the next race they compete in!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #35
GT_Darin
Regular User

I was there, I'll host my pictures sometime and share.
GT_Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #36
zr2man99
Regular User

Cool, I would love to see them.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:54 AM   #37
mindgam3
Regular User

Rule Britannia!
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote