Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #31
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
A Euro-car that disapoints? .... NO!!!! Can it be? And no less a Ferrari....

*crickets chirping*

It's slower than expected?

Heavier than wished for?

*yet more silence*

Bueller? Anyone?

I think that is the same time the new Z06 got for NS
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #32
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by dylan99
it is still a great car if it is true
that´s definitely for sure, the 360CS is my favourite Ferrari nowadays and i´d love to see some better figures from it, but as i said, i´m sure there wasn´t anything wrong with the "SA" test...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:03 PM   #33
BACR
Regular User

Figures arnt that good, GT3 would probs be my pick, i like the styling of the 360 tho
Old 01-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #34
yg60m
Regular User

the other reviews of the car were great so I think they didn't tested it right or they did an other sort of review. it is still a great car if it is true
We only talk about times not the pleasure it gives, all the mags i read are agree to say the Stradale is a wonderful car to drive and that the accelerations are not that importants regarding the sensations they get from driving this Ferrari.
We are only talking from acceleration times wich are disappointed, not driving sensations. On this subject, all the mags are agree to say it's one of the most fantastic Ferrari.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #35
scubywrxr
Regular User

thats such a disappointment, i hope those figures are wrong.... especially after the evo article. RC has a good point, the 3 cars need to be tested under exactly the same test conditions for the time to be relevant.
scubywrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:23 PM   #36
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by scubywrxr
thats such a disappointment, i hope those figures are wrong.... especially after the evo article. RC has a good point, the 3 cars need to be tested under exactly the same test conditions for the time to be relevant.
For sure.

Those figures just sound wrong to me. Especially the accleration. Mainly because of the EVO article were they said that the car pulled away from the GT3 on straights quite fast.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #37
HoboPie
Regular User

For me the figures are not that far off. I slightly off test would get these figures. I mean didn't top gear get like 4 seconds 0-60 for the Enzo when did the media Fiorano test. Same say, probably same car with a pro driver.

I just want to hear some of the subjective comments. I do see evidence though that the Ferraris are designed almost exclusively for performance on an F1 type track because it really does excel in that part of the test. Some might say there performance is biased a little too far that way, but I like it.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #38
HoboPie
Regular User

sorry I have only have a second to post, but the scans are here

http://speed.supercars.net/Board?vie...D=3&tID=100492
Old 01-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #39
SFDMALEX
Regular User

After taking another look at the overall picture we really cant believe anything. I mean it is clear that the 360CS beats both competitors around Hockenheim, but how is it possible when its so "slow" on paper, and how is it possible when its as "heavy" as the 360M?

Those numbers just look wrong to me. And to be honest those Nordschleife times are irelevant, because to set a cars best time around the 'ring you REALLY need to know your car, and now the track. The 360 is a very twitchy and tough car to drive. Who ever tested that car Im sure does not know the car well. Just think about it. It takes about 8minutes to get around the ring, you need to do a lot of laps do get the best time down, I dont think they spend a lot of time.

Second of all, Im not going to fall for the figures since this seem to be the only magazine that got such bad numbers.

Third of all how the heck did they get the CSL to be the fastest. I mean...how???Lol? How?

Even by looking at the ring times in the thread HoboPie posted link to, the times set dont make sense.

Ohh and getting back to the CSL...It got almost slick tyres on, so that may be the case of the result, but I dont see how its far to compare a car with slicks to cars without slicks.

Just look at these times. Do they make any sense to you?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:52 AM   #40
HoboPie
Regular User

The thing is the CS beats the CSL by about the same percentage at Hockenheim as the CSL beats the CS at the ring.

The Ferrari cars do seem setup with very impressive, but limited suspension settings. If they are run where they are designed for they are almost unbeatable, but not anywhere else.

The F1 influence is massive, some might say too massive.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:40 AM   #41
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by HoboPie
The thing is the CS beats the CSL by about the same percentage at Hockenheim as the CSL beats the CS at the ring.

The Ferrari cars do seem setup with very impressive, but limited suspension settings. If they are run where they are designed for they are almost unbeatable, but not anywhere else.

The F1 influence is massive, some might say too massive.
True. Very true when I think about it.

Ferraris are setup to be very responsive for tight short circuits. The 360 is very twitchy and VERY hard to drive fast. NOt hard in way that its imposbile, you just need to know the car well to drive it fast.

NOw twitchy is not good for Nordshcleife. For the ring you need a numb, dull setup sinse its very highspeed and you dont want your card to change direction extremly fast at 270+ or else it will fly.

And yes it does accel at HOckenheim, but the numbers this magazine got are just wrong.