Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-04-2004, 02:15 PM   #16
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
//.... I dont think any of our future cars will be f1 style shifting/paddles. ...//

Bye bye Enzo?
was that a quote from somewhere?? Either way F1 paddles will probably become more prominent in the future, I think in a few years they will have improved dramatically. Apparently the system in the enzo and in the 360 CS is a good, efficient system, it was in the original 360 apart from the jerkeyness; not many other manufacturers have yet to implement a decent system (except maybe the new AM DB9?). Also the benefits in race/track biased cars is a lot... quicker shifts (albeit very marginal) and also the driver dosent have to take his/her hands of the wheel... I doubt the manual will ever be replaced though.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:53 PM   #17
tanelvali
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by tanelvali
//.... I dont think any of our future cars will be f1 style shifting/paddles. ...//

Bye bye Enzo?
was that a quote from somewhere?? Either way F1 paddles will probably become more prominent in the future, I think in a few years they will have improved dramatically. Apparently the system in the enzo and in the 360 CS is a good, efficient system, it was in the original 360 apart from the jerkeyness; not many other manufacturers have yet to implement a decent system (except maybe the new AM DB9?). Also the benefits in race/track biased cars is a lot... quicker shifts (albeit very marginal) and also the driver dosent have to take his/her hands of the wheel... I doubt the manual will ever be replaced though.
It was quatation from budagboy2. And since his family is about to buy Enzo to their garage (which has shifting paddles), I asked that does it affect their decision of buying amighty Enzo.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #18
budagboy2
Regular User

I dont think it has a huge affect on our decision, but after it happened we are leaning towards manual cars. Not saying we wont get an enzo if a good opportunity comes up. Earlier in the week we got a call from the ferrari dealership saying they had a new 575 coming in and they want my dad to drive it. We are also looking into replacing the vanquish with either a 575 or a murcielago. But still, its gonna be a little while before we get any new cars.
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 05:23 PM   #19
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I think that every brand will improve their paddles system little a little learning from the mistakes, failures, and they are going to improve the gearbox system by using a more sophisticated software....for me its going to be the future in every brand since in this moment the is a car with the paddle gearbox option in every size of cathegory(Citroen C2, Alfa 147, the Golf..., the Audi A4, the merc class C,...., the Audi A6, merc, bmw...., the Audi A8, merc, bmw.....ferrari 360, the cayenne..........)...furthermore...i think that every brand is going to take the mechanism of the Audi TT, since i think that this is the reference of a secquential gearbox because its the quickest gearbox ever, a very soft one, it seems that its not any handicap at all from the performances of the alternative every manual system...

On the other hand.....i dont fancy with this kind of gearbox,,,,im a big fan of a traditional gearboxes, and a fan of any non electronic aid car as well
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #20
TT
Regular User

It's a shame indeed, but I hope an easy fix

Anyway remember, even manual boxes can break and even regular auto ones so the only way is to buy a car with no gears whatsoever wich doesn't exists I fear
Old 07-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #21
TT
Regular User

LOL, a nice fixed stick you can't move anywhere great!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:36 AM   #22
PATo355
Regular User

Anyways i dont think buying a 575 is a good choice considering the replacement is due 2005 or 2006 ? That car will take over the GT segment

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:02 PM   #23
SPAD
Regular User

If u are looking for that extra bit of performance a WELL BUILT paddle shift system is the way to go but if ur looking for Excitement and the enjoyment of not being called a pussy go with the stick.The only cars that should be paddle are cars that are made by companies in F1,but i would still prefer them stick
Old 07-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #24
schnell318
Regular User

Sorry to hear that, they should have put the DB9´s transmission in the Vanquish, i know it´s just an auto but it seems to perform far better
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #25
budagboy2
Regular User

We heard back from the dealer, the car is fine. They said the problem was a defective part that costs about $10. So we should have to car back relatively soon.
Here are the pics of the f50 i was talking about, the one from the factory.
http://community.webshots.com/user/schein609
Old 07-08-2004, 03:49 PM   #26
budagboy2
Regular User

Well my dad just got home and he said he bought the f50 , its being flown in from italy. Well im excited.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #27
Caps8419
Regular User

all right!!! good choice! hope you and your dad enjoy!!! dont forget the pics!

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #28
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by budagboy2
Well im excited.
I would be getting worried if you were not! Jabba will have some green eyes for a moment!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:46 PM   #29
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by budagboy2
Well my dad just got home and he said he bought the f50 , its being flown in from italy. Well im excited.
Just be sure to post MANY high-res pics when it will arrive!!

BTW, the album url is not correct
Old 07-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #30
budagboy2
Regular User

Will do, ok i fixed the link.