Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-30-2003, 01:05 AM   #16
PaulGT2164
Regular User

the ford GT is a nice car, but no competition for a upper range ferrari or porsche, or lambo...plus the simple fact id rather say "im in the ferrari out front" the i would "im in the ford out front"

its all about brand, ford can make a wonderful world class supercar, but its still a ford, it doesnt have the prestige, the aura, and the history of a ferrari.....even tho the ford GT40 unseated the ferraris in the 60s or whenever, ferrari still has the best racing heritage of any manufacturer, enzo ferrari onle made road cars to support his racing at first....

so gimme a ferrari!
Old 12-30-2003, 01:15 AM   #17
cho_888
Regular User

ok The GT is the top of the line Ford Preformance car. Right? And the enzo is teh top of the line ferrari. Yes? Then how come they arent compared? the Enzo which is the best that ferrari can concoct is dare i say better preformance wise than any Ford. But then you might say different engine size and what not but who cares because at the end of the day the ford is still a ford and thats all it will ever be.

None the less the ford is a good car so we must give it some praise...but no i would rather a ferrari
Old 12-30-2003, 05:26 AM   #18
mhn3773
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by mhn3773
lol why dont u people shit on lambo for making an suv???
Because Lamborghini never made one. I guess you're referring to the LM002, but if you look into it you'll see the LM002 isn't an SUV. It's purpose was never to be driven on the road. That's why most of them were sold to rich Arabs who crossed deserts in them at 160 km/h. BTW, LM stands for Lamborghini Militaria. Originally the plan was to sell them to countries as military vehicles. When it became clear no one wanted it, they decided to fit it with a luxurious interior and sell it off as an expensive off-roader.
ok ok im sorry ur right its not an SUV...but its not a sports car either so by everyones definition its a disgrace to the heritage of the mark
mhn3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #19
allanlambo
Regular User

Hay Jabba,
Yes, i know about the leaky shocks, but luckily, so far so good. Glad to hear everything is good! Happy New Year!

Allan
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:17 AM   #20
faulkner153
Regular User

ok The GT is the top of the line Ford Preformance car. Right? And the enzo is teh top of the line ferrari. Yes? Then how come they arent compared? the Enzo which is the best that ferrari can concoct is dare i say better preformance wise than any Ford. But then you might say different engine size and what not but who cares because at the end of the day the ford is still a ford and thats all it will ever be.
you're obviously forgetting that Ferrari has always exclusively made supercars, and Ford has always made pick-up trucks and minivans, so the fact that Ford can create a car that can even come close to a Ferrari (the 360), let alone have better performance should impress you, because it sure impresses me! I'm not saying that Ferrari doesn't make extraordinary cars, because they do, I just think that the Ford GT oughtta get a little respect...
faulkner153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:06 AM   #21
mhn3773
Regular User

ur preaching to a wall faulkner..most people just will not respect anything but ferrari..or lambo or whichever "sports" car maker they like they just run blindly not caring what new products are out...ferrari could make a seccond gen pinto and the same people that crap on ford would deffend ferraris pinto to the grave...just how it is its like people that dont like nascar they never will
mhn3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:53 AM   #22
Fleischmann
Regular User

Hey Jabba, show us how much you love your country by buying an Aston martin

I like both Ferrari's and the GT, so I don't really get why some people crap on the american car just for beeing a Ford. I understand that many of you may hace a soft spot for italin exotics, but don't forget that after the GT40 was built, Ford had a four year winning runer the Ferrari.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #23
TT
Regular User

Hey Jabba, show us how much you love your country by buying an Aston martin
LMAO, I doubt this will ever happen
Old 01-04-2004, 08:59 AM   #24
altezza
Regular User

yeah, LMAO
i still remember reading this line:
"Thank fuck its not an Aston Martin"
altezza is offline   Reply With Quote