Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #16
oantob
Regular User

I guess de la rosa really trying hard to prove that he is worth a first class driver... even thou sometimes he try to overtake at wrong condition, maybe some more practice will polish his skills... :fadein:
Old 04-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #17
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Originally Posted by thenumber1

One question - If you get a puncture, or a tyre delaminates, is that a retirement, or can you pit and change them
You can change, but only the damaged tyre, like Kimi had to do in Malaysia.
And the one to be changed has to have done a certain amount of mileage
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #18
jenkF1
Regular User

Good race, but we where robbed from a good winning battle when Schumacher's hydraulics failed. I do rate Alonso, but we never see him under pressure much, especially in the lead. I think this will help us determine whether hes just an amazing driver or a very special amazing driver.

De La Rosa did embarress himself a bit with his racecraft, although he certainly had a blistering pace. I think you can blame hes silly overtaking mistakes partly on frustration with being trapped behind a slow car with a very fast one. That Mercedes looks super-fast in a straight line.

I think although Renault is very strong they will not dominate this season. I feel the Ferrari seems to have reasonable pace (although they must have been on low fuel today) although it looks un-balanced. McLaren I think, once they sort themselves out, will shine with a very promising chassis. Williams need to really shine this season. The door is open they just need a good pace to close the gap to the Renaults. Look forward to the next race....

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #19
mindgam3
Regular User

Just a straight line? I think the maccas were superhot everywhere - as soon as pdlr over took cars he was up behind the next one within a few laps
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #20
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Originally Posted by thenumber1

One question - If you get a puncture, or a tyre delaminates, is that a retirement, or can you pit and change them
You can change, but only the damaged tyre, like Kimi had to do in Malaysia.
And the one to be changed has to have done a certain amount of mileage
Thx for the info
Old 04-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #21
sameerrao
Regular User

Personally, I dont see that much difference between last year and this year. All we have is substitution of the roles played by Ferrari and BAR last year with Renault and Toyota.

Last year there was nice bit of dicing and overtaking in the mid-pack. This year seems the same.

What I wish for is more competition upfront. We need the Mclarens to qualify better and Ferrari to get a grip on the 05 car.

Then we will have a cracker of a season!

Kudos to Alonso for putting in a masterful drive. He shows that he can race up the field well (Australia) and control the race from upfront. In race trim he is smooth, fast and utterly consistent. His only weakness last year was over-exuberance during qualifications. This year he has sorted that out as well. Fisichella must be seeing the writing on the wall.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #22
TransAm
Regular User

Bring back the turbos, antilock brakes and tyre changes!

/I'll piss off now, no need to flame me

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #23
dingo
Regular User

the race had some exciting parts, but it would have been so much nicer if MS could stay in and challenge Alonso
For the second race in a row Webber had a chance at a podium finish but it seems it isn't his time yet - fingers crossed for the next race
DLR was impressive while at the same time very rusty, some of his 'moves' were :shock: but you can't doubt his/the cars speed
The Toyota's are the real suprise so far - I really didn't expect it even with the new drivers they have
Old 04-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #24
dannyroz
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
about 3 weeks for Ferrari to work things out, and 16 more races should be plenty for them to win the championships
I dont think Ferrari is the problem. Yea they had the transmission problem and they will get that fixed by next race Im sure but the biggest problem with that car are the tires. Bridgestone dropped the ball on the tires big time. If you slap some Michelins on the Ferrari then they would be able to contend but since those rules were enforced in 2003(?), Bridgestone better do something quick or else
Old 04-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #25
ZfrkS62
Regular User

DAMMIT!! I missed the race this morning and SPEED pre-empted the encore @ 9:30 for the Barrett Jackson auction in Miami hopefully it will be hosted a little later

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:23 AM   #26
oantob
Regular User

Originally Posted by dannyroz
about 3 weeks for Ferrari to work things out, and 16 more races should be plenty for them to win the championships
I dont think Ferrari is the problem. Yea they had the transmission problem and they will get that fixed by next race Im sure but the biggest problem with that car are the tires. Bridgestone dropped the ball on the tires big time. If you slap some Michelins on the Ferrari then they would be able to contend but since those rules were enforced in 2003(?), Bridgestone better do something quick or else
your point is good, but maybe there is one more factor..it's schummy (IMO)...the way he drives is excellent, but compare to barichello...schummy way of driving is pushing the car and the tires to its limit, and he can do it very2 good, especially after changing tires and refulling...but now with the new rules, schummy can't drive like he used to, or the tires would ran out...barichello IMO is a good balanced and steady driver...
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 AM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by oantob
Originally Posted by dannyroz
your point is good, but maybe there is one more factor..it's schummy (IMO)...the way he drives is excellent, but compare to barichello...schummy way of driving is pushing the car and the tires to its limit, and he can do it very2 good, especially after changing tires and refulling...but now with the new rules, schummy can't drive like he used to, or the tires would ran out...barichello IMO is a good balanced and steady driver...
Given that the idea of all the rule changes is to keep Ferrari from dominating, it will not be a surprise they affect schumi the most. I really don't mind having those rule changes, coz they really spice up the race. But it pisses me off that those Renault ppl are just too damn arogant.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #28
mike_sayer
Regular User

Thought the race was another good one, though de la Rosa was ace - he's absolutely mental, and it was entertaining watching him tear-arsing up to the back of people, fannying about for 10 minutes and then going off the circuit. Then repeating.

If the Mclarens can get their qualifying pace up, they're going to be shit hot. Schumi is a little buggered - he most be hoping Alonso has some technical issues in the next few races, because if he wins every race and Alonso comes 2nd, it's going to take him 12 races just to catch. On that point, what do people think of the points system?

mike_sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #29
jenkF1
Regular User

Okay, the maccas weren't just fast in a straight line. But the car needs to prove a consistent race pace. And quali!

In response to you mike, the points system I feel doesn't reward the winning driver enough, thats my only criticism. 10 points for 1st, 8 for 2nd is annoying. But then again at least it rewards the smaller teams

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #30
styla21
Regular User

Following the Bahrain GP, and the debate over tyres - this was just published on the Williams site.

I didn't know this topic of "One tyre manufacturer" was actually being debated? Seems rather absurd and personally would take some of the competitiveness, and the enjoyment of watching teams develop out of the sport.
What are your thoughts? :idea: :fadein: