Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #16
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Shoot. I misspelled in my post. So what kind of an event is this?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #17
Minacious
Regular User

It is a weekly event (Saturday) where exotics, one-offs, muscle cars and rare beauties show up to be ogled at. There is also one in the Valley on Sundays. The lineup is ever changing, though you get many of the same cars every week.

Dani, I preferred the Crystal Cove location. The scenery was just a lot nicer being right next to the ocean. You also got to hear many of these cars get on it as they left down PCH. The one big benefit of the current location is that it has a larger lot.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
novass
Regular User

Nice pics dude

Originally Posted by Zot09
EDIT: The Enzo was freaking awesome, except for those ugly decals on it. The S65 also had the same ugly decals, but I guess that is what you would expect when a young guy owns(or at least) drives them.
Next time we should all meet up and have a mini So Cal JW meet Speaking of the guy in the Enzo, he looked like he was 4'2" and about 15 years old. He could hardly see over the wheel and he was driving around with his Ipod headphones in LOL

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
What an incredible car meet - they even bring F1 cars!! :shock:

For the ones that used to attend Crystal Cove regularly - what do you think of the new meet? less cars but better, more cars but worse, equal?
It really is a great show because you never know whats going to show up and the most random and rare cars often make appearances. Last week, which I missed, there was an Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 TT12 :x Like Minacious, I think the Crystal Cove spot was nicer scenery and weather wise but this spot is nice because it is a lot easier to get into, find parking, organize cars, etc. It was really nice in the beginning at this spot because everyone would do burnouts on the way out but the cops put a stop to that a while ago.

Originally Posted by nthfinity
thanks for the photos ... still waitin for the message Novass
Sent. I just wanted to see if you had any info on the new Vector that they were making as I hadn't heard anything up until now. Then again, my short term memory is shit these days

Originally Posted by StanAE86
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing.

SoCal blows my mind. Where the F else are you going to find cars like that all in one spot, and at a rather frequent and regular event? Three prestine Gullwings, dealerships bringing out their Challenge cars, a unique maroon Gallardo sitting off on the side hardly recognized....sheesh...

Talk about jaded.
It really is something isn't it

Ill post whatever pics I got in a little bit, don't expect visual magic though.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
ae86_16v
Regular User

Hey Minacious, it was cool to meet up with you yesterday too. Are you gonna post up some pics too .

Yeah, I wished I could've got more pics, but there were just too many people. You spend a lot of time waiting for people walking by, to an from the cars, etc. Towards the end, I just didn't care and just snap the shot anyways.

Yeah, the Gallardo, 1 Diablo, and 1 Murc were sitting in the corner by themselves. They still got a bit of attention though. But I should've spent more time with the Lambos.

About the DTM, yeah it is because it is a race car, so it technically isn't allow on the streets and the guy had to get a permit to drive it for 1 day. I wasn't saying it was No. 1 of 100, just that it was 1 of 100, don't know the serial number of it.

Total there were at least 40 to 50 Ferraris there, mostly of course were 360 Modenas and F430s, so I didn't bother to take too many of those.

Thanks for looking everyone.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #20
salegosse
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
About the DTM, yeah it is because it is a race car, so it technically isn't allow on the streets and the guy had to get a permit to drive it for 1 day.
That's not correct, it's a road car. A Widebody version of the CLK inspired by the DTM version. It's heavy, fully optionned, has 4 seats, etc... a classic CLK so.

I wasn't saying it was No. 1 of 100, just that it was 1 of 100, don't know the serial number of it.
Ok
Old 05-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #21
Alan
Regular User

Fantastic supercars meeting!

Specially I love the 300sl. The only car meeting in the world where i can see more of three of this beauty all together is during the italian "Mille Miglia", that passes near to my home:

http://alanguer.altervista.org/htmle...iglia2004.html
http://alanguer.altervista.org/htmle...iglia2005.html
http://alanguer.altervista.org/htmle...iglia2006.html

There I have counted about 10 of it in 2003/2004!

Ciao!
Alan

Visit my website: Alan Guerzoni - 3D car modeler & GranTurismo Photographer
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #22
PiTTbuLL003
Regular User

love the ferrari truck

some very nice pics
PiTTbuLL003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #23
Stikz
Regular User

Wow, fantastic sightings, thanks for posting.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:55 PM   #24
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by salegosse
About the DTM, yeah it is because it is a race car, so it technically isn't allow on the streets and the guy had to get a permit to drive it for 1 day.
That's not correct, it's a road car. A Widebody version of the CLK inspired by the DTM version. It's heavy, fully optionned, has 4 seats, etc... a classic CLK so.
I stand corrected.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #25
Zot09
Regular User

About the DTM, yeah it is because it is a race car, so it technically isn't allow on the streets and the guy had to get a permit to drive it for 1 day. I wasn't saying it was No. 1 of 100, just that it was 1 of 100, don't know the serial number of it.
I have a shot of the gear shift lever(where they keep the serial number right?), but all it says is "CLK DTM One Out Of 100".
Old 05-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by salegosse
Actually, it only had two seats.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #27
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
EDIT: The Enzo was freaking awesome, except for those ugly decals on it. The S65 also had the same ugly decals, but I guess that is what you would expect when a young guy owns(or at least) drives them.
Next time we should all meet up and have a mini So Cal JW meet Speaking of the guy in the Enzo, he looked like he was 4'2" and about 15 years old. He could hardly see over the wheel and he was driving around with his Ipod headphones in LOL
Definitely dude, I'm available almost every Saturday, it's just waking up that is hard haha

Yeah, the guy looked so small and young, did you see the car when it drove off? *drool*

The DTM sounded pretty damn good too when it drove off.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #28
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Definitely dude, I'm available almost every Saturday, it's just waking up that is hard haha

Yeah, the guy looked so small and young, did you see the car when it drove off? *drool*

The DTM sounded pretty damn good too when it drove off.
Don't HATE. You guys are just jealous.

Haha, but seriously, I am down for the next BIG meet. Let me know. Zot, will you be spending the summer back home in Monterey?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
TopGearNL
Regular User

Like I said in the other thread, great event!

So many nice cars present!

Nice to see the CLK-DTM there and the US muscle cars!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #30
sentra_dude

Damn, CC always impresses! There's something for everyone at that show. The Ferrari set-up is awesome, amazing that they brought an F1 car. The Ford GT looks stunning in the Gulf paint job. :shock: That is a wild red on the Gallardo, it really stands out. Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote