Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 11-04-2003, 05:07 AM   #226
st-anger
Regular User

well, nice guess guys but for the time being i won´t get a second chance to get a ride with the CGT, BUT…
i´ve posted something related to this back in summer, and even in “good old” RF times, when i said something like this: “there`s something on the way” and i´ve been wheeling and dealing since then, and today it´ll be official:

I´LL BE WORKING FOR PAG AGAIN

now you might understand better, why i had the chance for the CGT event, because beside the event i mainly went there for business…
as you might know, i only stopped working at the EZW because of my wife and i´ve only taken the opportunity again, because now she`s 100% fine with my decision.
she knows that when i´m honest, the work at Bosch isn`t a real pleasure, it`s too much office work, and i hate that
also very important is the fact that we won´t have to move to germany, so my wife can keep her real est. office here and i´ll be able to fly home every three to four days…

so what about JW…
believe me i had major concerns, and i even though of stopping all this, because up to now my “job” on JW had been to inform you about the latest news on everything related to Porsche, some appreciated it, some didn´t care, but everytime someone was interested, i´ve been glad to do all this… so i won´t get the infos from my m8´s at Porsche any more, i´ll be one of them again, and in that position it´s hard to provide information because when you are an insider, it´s better not to talk too much, i think you all understand what i mean...
but after finishing thinking about all this i came to the conclusion, that i ´ll go on like it`s been before, finding a way to provide you with everything you´ll be permitted to know, and maybe something more…
so the procedure for today, i´ll be picked up from my hotel at 11:30, at 12:00 lunch at the customers center and afterwards i´ll sign the employment contract. then i´ll fly home again, sort the things out with Bosch, and on Dec. 1st i ´ll start working for PAG...

so we´ll have to wait and see, how it`ll work out, i´m really looking forward to my new challenge, glad to have my dream job back, and i think we can all benefit of the new situation.
as soon as i know something more i´ll tell you, of course i already know my first project, but i´m afraid i can´t tell you the details so far...

so i´ll get dressed now because in one and a half hour it´s time to leave...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:41 AM   #227
TT
Regular User

Marvellous news st-anger It's so nice to see JW is always in your thought
Old 11-04-2003, 09:07 AM   #228
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Marvellous news st-anger It's so nice to see JW is always in your thought
IT`S DONE

...well really not always TT, but sometimes
i hope i´ll be able to frequently post something here, because now i know quite all my new tasks and there`ll be so much to do, but i´m really looking forward to all the hard work
so, i decided to stay that night, because i´ll have my first unofficial business dinner that evening here in Leipzig with some of the ppl i´m going to work with...i´m really curious...
Porsche 911
Old 11-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #229
TT
Regular User

Yay! Congrats! we will understand if your JW time will drop but I'm sure we'll get some tasty infos from you
Old 11-04-2003, 10:36 AM   #230
stradale
Regular User

Congatulations st-anger!

You had me going there for a while when you referred to the CGT report, LOL!

So what kind if job is it? You don't have to disclose any info on projects you're going to work on or anything, just what kind of job it is.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does PAG stand for anyway. Porsche Auto Gruppe? I'm just guessing here...

Again, congratulations!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #231
fedezyl
Regular User

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS St-Anger!!!!!! It's nice to see that you are working at your favorite company again!!!!
Maybe when I buy my Porsche someday i'll go pick it up at the factory and we can take a few laps at the track!! man again CONGRATS I imagine how happy you are that everything worked out so well!!!

Also, like Stradale, i'd love to know what you'll be doing in your new job, surely working on future Porsches!!

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:03 AM   #232
Jabba
Regular User

Congratulations (from daddy) 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:12 PM   #233
st-anger
Regular User

first, thx for the kind words, man i´m really excited...
although i´m happy like a little child at christmas it`s been a very hard desicion as well. i mean most of you aren´t married and can only imagine the situation we´ll be in from dec. on. although we both are used to it that we only see each other at weekends i can`t say that it´ll be better in the future, probably even worse...
and no worries TT, i think my time here on JW won`t drop that much, because i already know the working procedure from my time in weissach, so there`ll be plenty of time to go online, the working atmosphere is very very good at Porsche...
ah, sorry i forgot, PAG stands for "Porsche Aktien Gesellschaft" in english Porsche stock corporation, simply the name of the whole Porsche company. and i ´ll use this term as well in the future: EZW.
this is where i´ve been working for 2 1/2 years some time ago and stands for "Entwicklungszentrum Weissach" it`s the R&D and motorsports HQ from Porsche and approx. 22km away from the main HQ in Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart.
....arghhh, you greedy bastards
i can tell you that, i´ll be working in Weissach again, but also in Leipzig on a project that´ll be very interesting but primarily extremely fun, and it won`t be a completely new thing, just an improvement !!!
so when you´ve carefully read the "Porsche news" all the time and filtered out what i enjoyed mainly during the CGT event, you probably know what it`ll be...
but i can tell you, after finishing it´ll be a freaking beast
Porsche 911
Old 11-04-2003, 02:14 PM   #234
1zippo1
Regular User

Great news for you st-anger!!

I hope you can arrange all this without having too much troubles because a busy life isn't allways easy on the relation with your family or your wife. But for some reason I think you'll crack it just like you seem to do with your job!!

I admire you! That you've gotten so far is amazing and there seems no stopping you 8)

Good luck with everything!!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #235
scubywrxr
Regular User

WOW.. All the best with the new job - I know that u are going to have tons of fun!
Please tell the engineers at porsche to start making lighter cars overall (not just the GT/RS variants).. Going back to the roots is not necessarily a bad way to gain performance in all areas plus we will be kinder to the environment by needing less fuel to move a lighter car for the same speed

By the way I think that ur wife is a fantastic lady to allow u to pursue this opportunity in ur career.. u need to treasure her man.. dont be led astray by ur mistress - the Carrera GT
scubywrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:00 PM   #236
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by scubywrxr
By the way I think that ur wife is a fantastic lady to allow u to pursue this opportunity in ur career.. u need to treasure her man.. dont be led astray by ur mistress - the Carrera GT
you`re 100% right man...
if you like, read my post in the thread "can money buy happiness" in "general", then you know what my "lady" means to me...
Porsche 911
Old 11-04-2003, 03:16 PM   #237
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
so when you´ve carefully read the "Porsche news" all the time and filtered out what i enjoyed mainly during the CGT event, you probably know what it`ll be...
but i can tell you, after finishing it´ll be a freaking beast
I am thinking something to do with the Porsche Cayenne, but I could be wrong, I just remember you being impressed with it. humm, I think I will go back and read it properly!!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #238
fedezyl
Regular User

mmm, I think you are in the right path jon_s I also think it has something to do with the Cayenne...we'll see though...

Old 11-04-2003, 04:18 PM   #239
jon_s
Regular User

Perhaps a 'GT3' version lol, imagine that! A luxuary 4x4 without the luxuary!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:20 PM   #240
fedezyl
Regular User

and without the weight!!